Star Wars heads, Did Mace Windu legit defeat Sidious...Or was Palpatine faking?

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
This might sound like a dumb question but was palpatine even all that powerful? Mace beat em until anakin jumps in, and all he really had was force lighting (from what ive seen)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Also Yoda or Mace should of been Anakin's master not Obi-won. Obi was way to young to take on a padawon. They only let him train Anakin cause he beat Maul (A Sith) so it was like they promoted him but Obi himself still had a lot learn. Again when you look behind the curtains, the Jedi had a lot to do with Anakin's turn.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This might sound like a dumb question but was palpatine even all that powerful? Mace beat em until anakin jumps in, and all he really had was force lighting (from what ive seen)

He took out 3 other Jedi that was with Mace with ease. He was powerful just not as powerful as he was in the Original Trilogy.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Like I said before the PT made the Emperor appear less powerful than he had been portrayed in the OT.

The Emperor was basically the devil. The all seeing eye. The dark cloak that pulled the strings from the shadows. The oppression, the devastation, the corruption... the empire was all his doing. He had the entire galaxy under his thumb.

So you tell me how powerful he was.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
mace windu gave palpatine that work.

george lucas actually answered this question himself.
sidous wasn't faking he legit lost to windu.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Also Yoda or Mace should of been Anakin's master not Obi-won. Obi was way to young to take on a padawon. They only let him train Anakin cause he beat Maul (A Sith) so it was like they promoted him but Obi himself still had a lot learn. Again when you look behind the curtains, the Jedi had a lot to do with Anakin's turn.

I agree, Ben was too young to train Anakin... Hell he was a padawan himself until QuiCon Jin (sp) got killed. it wasnt killig Maul that made them agree to train Anakin... it was because he was gonna do it anyway because Quicon thought he wa special. So they figured let's let him train him under our watch..

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Like I said before the PT made the Emperor appear less powerful than he had been portrayed in the OT.

The Emperor was basically the devil. The all seeing eye. The dark cloak that pulled the strings from the shadows. The oppression, the devastation, the corruption... the empire was all his doing. He had the entire galaxy under his thumb.

So you tell me how powerful he was.
I get the bolded, but the most powerful being died by getting tossed over a railing :laugh: maybe its because the original trilogy has aged but its always been underwhelming to me

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I get the bolded, but the most powerful being died by getting tossed over a railing :laugh: maybe its because the original trilogy has aged but its always been underwhelming to me

The Emperor didn't see it coming because he was blinded by the light.

Luke's faith in himself and his father was more powerful than anything the Emperor could throw at him.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The Emperor didn't see it coming because he was blinded by the light.

Luke's faith in himself and his father was more powerful than anything the Emperor could throw at him.

Yo... to play devil's advocate .. what do you think would have happened if Vader didnt save Luke?

what was going through vaders mind .... he's my son, I'm a sith he's a jedi, why he doesnt wanna join me, i can teach him force joke and lightning, wait.. i was a jedi, looks like that hurts, reminds me of the lava, the emporer gonna make hima robitic body too .... Nooooooooooo.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I think Anakin being placed on the council wouldn't have stopped him from turning. I think sending Anakin to spy on Palpatine was a way of giving him some kind of trust. If they suspected Anakin of being weak at all, why send him off with a guy you expect to be that powerful and evil? It was his test and he failed.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think Anakin being placed on the council wouldn't have stopped him from turning. I think sending Anakin to spy on Palpatine was a way of giving him some kind of trust. If they suspected Anakin of being weak at all, why send him off with a guy you expect to be that powerful and evil? It was his test and he failed.

They didnt send Anakin to spy on Palpatine because they thought he was powerful and evil...up until Anakin told Mace the jdi had now idea who the mystery sith lord was ... they sent anakin to spy on Palpatine because the jedi didnt trust politicians...

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
They didnt send Anakin to spy on Palpatine because they thought he was powerful and evil...up until Anakin told Mace the jdi had now idea who the mystery sith lord was ... they sent anakin to spy on Palpatine because the jedi didnt trust politicians...

Yeah Anakin told them about him, so why send Anakin if you suspect he isn't strong enough to not be turned?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah Anakin told them about him, so why send Anakin if you suspect he isn't strong enough to not be turned?

that's because Mace and Yoda thought they were sending Anakin on a throw away mission ... just something to keep him busy and he think he doing something while they hunt for the real danger ...
Mace and Yoda : we gonna send Ben to go to see about Grievous (the jedi killer). and you Anakin go look after the helpless politician Chancelor Palpatine ....

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
that's because Mace and Yoda thought they were sending Anakin on a throw away mission ... just something to keep him busy and he think he doing something while they hunt for the real danger ...
Mace and Yoda : we gonna send Ben to go to see about Grievous (the jedi killer). and you Anakin go look after the helpless politician Chancelor Palpatine ....
interesting.