Star trek lower decks trailer

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
What is this shyt? At least it has late 24th-century visual continuity. Discovery didn't embrace any visual style of TOS and instead it looks like some generic sci-fi default template bullshyt. That's why they took that shyt to the distant future.

Picard of course cheated by not showing any Federation design. We did see appropriate Uniform styling and some attempt at LCARS which was appreciated.

But yeah, Star Tek is done's done. The backbone of the franchise is storytelling. This current crop can't write a coherent season arc to save their lives.

Daps
What is this shyt? At least it has late 24th-century visual continuity. Discovery didn't embrace any visual style of TOS and instead it looks like some generic sci-fi default template bullshyt. That's why they took that shyt to the distant future.

Picard of course cheated by not showing any Federation design. We did see appropriate Uniform styling and some attempt at LCARS which was appreciated.

But yeah, Star Tek is done's done. The backbone of the franchise is storytelling. This current crop can't write a coherent season arc to save their lives.

The backbone of star trek is not only storytelling but also science, the morals of humanity, and intellectual discourse.

Where we are as a society right now shows why these writers cant live up to Star Trek standards. You're right, it's done. They should just leave it alone at this point.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps

The backbone of star trek is not only storytelling but also science, the morals of humanity, and intellectual discourse.

Where we are as a society right now shows why these writers cant live up to Star Trek standards. You're right, it's done. They should just leave it alone at this point.
It can be fixed but all the people running things right now gotta go.

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I downloaded the first episode last night and I was impressed. The animation was cool and this show is a good bridge to the next season of Discovery.

Feels good to have a show that isn’t just primarily focused on senior staff on the bridge. DS9 worked so well because it was a mix of everything and wormhole fukkery.

I will definitely check out the next few episodes. Kinda cool that Dawnn Lewis is the captain and her daughter is basically a “lower decks” underachiever who doesn’t (appear to) want to be in starfleet.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'mma peep

hope they drop all eps at once like they did TZ season 2

hate this week by week bullshyt
Instant gratification generation.

They've shown that people who spread out watching over time remember more about the show and get more enjoyment from it, actually have time to digest...but everyone wants it bam bam and move on to the next shyt nowadays.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You were feeling that ep where they went to planet Africa :leostare:

:russ: that shyt was awful.

:russ: I forgot about that episode. Wasnt the king tryna get his PAWG on with Tasha Yar? :mjlol:

What the fukk is this shyt? :dwillhuh:

TNG was my favorite childhood show....I don't remember none of this episode. What the fukk? :gucci:

Read the wiki and apparently it was supposed to be reptilians and then someone changed it to tribal Black folk. :snoop:

Y'all damn near ruined Star Trek for me. Only saving grace is I looked it up and the entire cast hated that shyt and was embarrassed. Plus it got the director fired halfway through filming. :heh:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
What the fukk is this shyt? :dwillhuh:

TNG was my favorite childhood show....I don't remember none of this episode. What the fukk? :gucci:

Read the wiki and apparently it was supposed to be reptilians and then someone changed it to tribal Black folk. :snoop:

Y'all damn near ruined Star Trek for me. Only saving grace is I looked it up and the entire cast hated that shyt and was embarrassed. Plus it got the director fired halfway through filming. :heh:
TNG wasn't consistently good until season 3 once they wrestled control of the show away from Gene completely and let Rick Berman take over. Same thing happened with the trek movies first one was awful paramount took control and wrath of Kahn was fire tbh.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
TNG wasn't consistently good until season 3 once they wrestled control of the show away from Gene completely and let Rick Berman take over. Same thing happened with the trek movies first one was awful paramount took control and wrath of Kahn was fire tbh.

Yeah, I looked it up and Season 1 aired when I was a little kid, I'm sure I wasn't watching it live until season 3 or 4. And they must have avoided showing reruns of the worst episodes. :deadrose: