hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GKWECwSbIAA2Q1k

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First two episodes weren't bad at all, love how they are connecting it to the TNG.....

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I finally finished S4 after giving up 2 episodes in when it was airing. Absolute slog to get through and the recent eps are just as bad. Hopefully that's the last we see of Gray. The worst fukking character in Trek history. Pointless, boring, annoying and just stops an episode dead in it's tracks.

Ep 3 was beyond stupid. Instant transports to wherever you want unless the plot needs you to run a bit with an injured leg while being chased and shot at. And then we have the Academy show coming that no-one asked for to continue on in this mess of an era with it's ridiculous tech, everyone talking like they are in some teen high school drama and nacelles that float next to the ship.

Sooner this dogshyt ends the better.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I finally finished S4 after giving up 2 episodes in when it was airing. Absolute slog to get through and the recent eps are just as bad. Hopefully that's the last we see of Gray. The worst fukking character in Trek history. Pointless, boring, annoying and just stops an episode dead in it's tracks.

Ep 3 was beyond stupid. Instant transports to wherever you want unless the plot needs you to run a bit with an injured leg while being chased and shot at. And then we have the Academy show coming that no-one asked for to continue on in this mess of an era with it's ridiculous tech, everyone talking like they are in some teen high school drama and nacelles that float next to the ship.

Sooner this dogshyt ends the better.

Crazy that they could screw up a modern Star Trek show up this bad. Would rather have seen Enterprise get Discovery’s budget and a couple of script rewrites because that show just looked cheap then as it does now.

Too much went wrong with Discovery after the initial premise of Burnham having a blemished career in Starfleet.

They let her redeem herself for whatever reason, shes magically the sister of Spock (terrible idea), Discovery goes 700+ years in the future (another bad idea), and the entire crew just felt/feels weak. And this isn’t even about Burnham being a woman because look at how well Janeway was written.

I wanted to give Discovery a real chance but the best part about this show is the money they threw into it. Everything looks movie quality but I get JJ Abrams vibes (complete with lens flare) with horrible writing.

This should’ve been a post-Voyager type show with a solid cast across the board because you can’t keep leaning on Spock forever.

Lower Decks works because we know the expectations of the Cerritos as a ship are not meant to be high and the focus is on the minions of the ship. And it’s a cartoon. Sucks that season 5 will be its last.

And Strange New Worlds (outside of that singing ass Glee episode) finally gives Pike his proper character arc but we at least know how this first gen Enterprise tale ends.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Sisko and Cassie
Geordie and his never-seen wife too.
Crazy that they could screw up a modern Star Trek show up this bad. Would rather have seen Enterprise get Discovery’s budget and a couple of script rewrites because that show just looked cheap then as it does now.

Too much went wrong with Discovery after the initial premise of Burnham having a blemished career in Starfleet.

They let her redeem herself for whatever reason, shes magically the sister of Spock (terrible idea), Discovery goes 700+ years in the future (another bad idea), and the entire crew just felt/feels weak. And this isn’t even about Burnham being a woman because look at how well Janeway was written.

I wanted to give Discovery a real chance but the best part about this show is the money they threw into it. Everything looks movie quality but I get JJ Abrams vibes (complete with lens flare) with horrible writing.

This should’ve been a post-Voyager type show with a solid cast across the board because you can’t keep leaning on Spock forever.

Lower Decks works because we know the expectations of the Cerritos as a ship are not meant to be high and the focus is on the minions of the ship. And it’s a cartoon. Sucks that season 5 will be its last.

And Strange New Worlds (outside of that singing ass Glee episode) finally gives Pike his proper character arc but we at least know how this first gen Enterprise tale ends.
Burnham is one of the biggest reasons for this show being so shyt. From writing to acting. Just atrocious. Look at all the ships parked up at HQ. None of them do shyt because lord and saviour Burnham has all the answers and even as someone out of time by 800 years knows better than anyone else. Absolute fukking stain on the franchise this show. And there's nothing worse than the people who say we wouldn't have had the other shows without it.

If something as shyt as DSC can get us Picard, SNW, Prodigy & LD then it's not something to be overly proud about. The franchise is a fukking mess. How much money has been spent on 5+ films that have and will go nowhere? Prodigy S2 is out in its entirety in France. Legally. Paramount couldn't even make a proper deal for a shows distribution without fukking that up. And spoilers are rife. I've already seen more than I would like to have in regards to what's coming up.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Geordie and his never-seen wife too.

Burnham is one of the biggest reasons for this show being so shyt. From writing to acting. Just atrocious. Look at all the ships parked up at HQ. None of them do shyt because lord and saviour Burnham has all the answers and even as someone out of time by 800 years knows better than anyone else. Absolute fukking stain on the franchise this show. And there's nothing worse than the people who say we wouldn't have had the other shows without it.

If something as shyt as DSC can get us Picard, SNW, Prodigy & LD then it's not something to be overly proud about. The franchise is a fukking mess. How much money has been spent on 5+ films that have and will go nowhere? Prodigy S2 is out in its entirety in France. Legally. Paramount couldn't even make a proper deal for a shows distribution without fukking that up. And spoilers are rife. I've already seen more than I would like to have in regards to what's coming up.

They have to hit it out of the park for the rest of SNW and Lower Decks needed a South Park type run where you are getting 10+ seasons out of it. It’s a damn cartoon. The budget is likely a fraction of one episode of Discovery. Someone is dropping the ball and it’s not like those actors on Lower Decks are too busy to do it. Wish they would reconsider.

I wasn’t too big on Picard because he is just too washed at this point. But he’s beloved so we give him a pass because TNG gave us Voyager and DS9.

But Paramout needs to tighten up the franchise. I know the new Starfleet Academy show is coming but it has to be a great show but they are already doing it wrong by putting it in the Discovery timeline AND Tilly will likely be part of it so :martin:

There’s a ton of post DS9 and Voyager space to play with yet they want to go hundreds of years in the future.

I dunno man…..

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought this episode was fun :yeshrug:

I liked all the subplots, especially the Tilly/Rayner and Saru/T'Rina subplots, and I'm excited to see where the Progenitors arc goes :ehh:

The last two seasons of the show feel like an entirely different show from the first two, and for the better. This is what Discovery should have been from the start.

Only thing I didn't like was how, when getting into character as Jinaal, Wilson Cruz decided to just spend the whole episode doing the :leostare: