Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Eve Harlow character in this season of Discovery is almost the exact same as her character in "Night Agent". Male sidekick and all :pachaha:

I liked the montage at the end of episode 3, it was hard to get into this season prior to that but I'm in.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally finished S4 after giving up 2 episodes in when it was airing. Absolute slog to get through and the recent eps are just as bad. Hopefully that's the last we see of Gray. The worst fukking character in Trek history. Pointless, boring, annoying and just stops an episode dead in it's tracks.

Ep 3 was beyond stupid. Instant transports to wherever you want unless the plot needs you to run a bit with an injured leg while being chased and shot at. And then we have the Academy show coming that no-one asked for to continue on in this mess of an era with it's ridiculous tech, everyone talking like they are in some teen high school drama and nacelles that float next to the ship.

Sooner this dogshyt ends the better.

Crazy that they could screw up a modern Star Trek show up this bad. Would rather have seen Enterprise get Discovery’s budget and a couple of script rewrites because that show just looked cheap then as it does now.

Too much went wrong with Discovery after the initial premise of Burnham having a blemished career in Starfleet.

They let her redeem herself for whatever reason, shes magically the sister of Spock (terrible idea), Discovery goes 700+ years in the future (another bad idea), and the entire crew just felt/feels weak. And this isn’t even about Burnham being a woman because look at how well Janeway was written.

I wanted to give Discovery a real chance but the best part about this show is the money they threw into it. Everything looks movie quality but I get JJ Abrams vibes (complete with lens flare) with horrible writing.

This should’ve been a post-Voyager type show with a solid cast across the board because you can’t keep leaning on Spock forever.

Lower Decks works because we know the expectations of the Cerritos as a ship are not meant to be high and the focus is on the minions of the ship. And it’s a cartoon. Sucks that season 5 will be its last.

And Strange New Worlds (outside of that singing ass Glee episode) finally gives Pike his proper character arc but we at least know how this first

I disagree with yall 100 percent(other than Grey assessment)

As someone that has watched all Star Trek series and read the novels, Discovery is clearly in line with Trek lore....

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I disagree with yall 100 percent(other than Grey assessment)

As someone that has watched all Star Trek series and read the novels, Discovery is clearly in line with Trek lore....

Yeah that's one thing I'll give the show: you can tell the writers and crew are hardcore Trek nerds.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get the themes they were going for (that the familiarity the Discovery crew has with each other is what saves them from tough situations), but the execution was... not good.

I've said multiple times how much I hated the first two seasons (really first three, but I felt season three was at least heading in the right direction). While I thought season 4 was pretty decent and season 5 is off to an ok start, the big problem I have is that in order to make the last two seasons make sense, you pretty much have to ignore the first two. This episode was a perfect example of that.

Burnham and Rayner's argument in the opening is BS. She tells Rayner, "We do things my way here," like we haven't seen her butt heads with four different captains, at least two admirals, the Ni'Var science council, and the fukking president of the Federation :why:

The second half of the episode is just cliche after cliche. Burnham meeting her past self and of course they have to fight. :unimpressed: Even if past Burnham believed future Burnham was a shapeshifter, I don't buy that she would be that incredulous or dismissive of the fact that her future self would become captain. Season one Burnham very much had faith that she would eventually find redemption, so the real reaction she would have had to future Burnham would have been one of :ooh: :ohhh: :wow: :mjcry:. They only wrote her like that so that Rayner could have that character moment at the end, which he absolutely needed after last week's episode, but not at the expense of writing Burnham like this.

When future Burnham decides to go to the Bridge to speak to the past Discovery crew, Rayner tells her they won't listen to her in this time period because she's a mutineer. :comeon: That shyt only mattered in like one or two episodes of season one, and even though this is implied to be right after Burnham went to Discovery, she still acted like she had rank, and Tilly actually idolized her. :stopitslime:

And we have to that tired ass trope of, "I know some random fact about you, so I must be the real me and/or the me from the future!" :unimpressed: I've mentioned before how the Bridge crew is largely inconsequential, so in addition to being cliche none of these random facts about them had any emotional weight to it besides maybe Tilly and Airiam's, since Tilly was initially :merchant: about sharing quarters with Burnham for like half an episode, and Airiam's dead. And if she was gonna do that with them, she could have done that with her past self, but like I mentioned they wanted Rayner to have that moment.

I don't know. I'm still liking this season, but this episode was super mid compared to last week's which I thought was pretty fun.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
this episode reminded me of like 3 voyager time travel eps :heh:

the one where the ship is fractured through time w/ Chakotay, the one where Kes goes through time/deages and janeway/year of hell and a dash of the one where Seven goes through time to stop what's his face

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
When the shadows of that Breen ship overtook Discovery :wow: Crazy that until now the Federation hasn't interacted with the Breen since the Dominion War.

Breen could have been a GOAT villian like the Borg, looks like any future Star Trek show that takes place after the events of Picard S3 until the burn happens won't be able to use the Breen as villians :francis:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
When the shadows of that Breen ship overtook Discovery :wow: Crazy that until now the Federation hasn't interacted with the Breen since the Dominion War.

Breen could have been a GOAT villian like the Borg, looks like any future Star Trek show that takes place after the events of Picard S3 until the burn happens won't be able to use the Breen as villians :francis:

They had all those dreadnoughts during the Dominion war? They should have won. The Glo-Worm Klingon backstory is kinda weird though.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
this has been a slog so far...it feels more like Star Wars: ep 1 with all the talk

Hate to say this, but I'm having a hard time caring about any of these characters.

I like the actress, but the writing doesn't really give her much to do.

Compare her to Naomi Nagata from the Expanse

naomi-nagata-dominique-tipper-expanse-season-4-release-date.webp

The Expanse team gave her a much better arc.

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I know that they are restore Booker's planet and probably all the other planets destroyed last season.

But I hope they don't make the Breen the new Klingons and have a pact with them.