Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Got through season one. Didn't "feel" like Star Trek to me. Trek has always had socially progressive ideals. But TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and even Enterprise found a way to have social commentary without forcing it. I feel it's just going to get worse as the series goes on.

And the technology seems too advanced to be a prequel.

I won't bother watching anymore of it. I haven't checked out Picard yet.

TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise is my core Star Trek. The reboot movies and Discovery are not for me.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Finally finished season three, apparently lazy writers though an imperfect federation was the way to go, leaking classified info to the enemy.

The gender identity stuff wasn't that annoying. Of course, I rolled my eyes at what caused the burn.

I'll come back for season 4

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Got through season one. Didn't "feel" like Star Trek to me. Trek has always had socially progressive ideals. But TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and even Enterprise found a way to have social commentary without forcing it. I feel it's just going to get worse as the series goes on.

And the technology seems too advanced to be a prequel.

I won't bother watching anymore of it. I haven't checked out Picard yet.

TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise is my core Star Trek. The reboot movies and Discovery are not for me.

Remember that TNG movie where the Borg goes back in time to destroy Earth? That's where Enterprise and Discovery come from. It's a new timeline. That's why all the tech is newer than the Prime Timeline (TOS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager).

S1 is not ST. S2 gets better. S3 finally hits its stride as a ST show.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Should also add that the current shows are also intended to be Prime timeline. Changes to available technologies have been explained by producers as being to make the show seem more advanced than it was in the 60’s rather than having an in-universe explanation as to why.

The Kelvin-Timeline’s technology differences are due to Nero’s appearance in the past causing a surge in developing technologies similar to how if WWII hadn’t happened in that our current technology would only be on a level of what we had in the 1990’s.

Unfortunately the producers of the show have tried to explain away these differences such as having Pike ban the holo-communicators as he doesn’t like them.

Last edited:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
You do know that Enterprise technically isn't core Star Trek. It's actually the precursor to Discovery.
See Malcy86 post. ENT is core trek.
Remember that TNG movie where the Borg goes back in time to destroy Earth? That's where Enterprise and Discovery come from. It's a new timeline. That's why all the tech is newer than the Prime Timeline (TOS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager).

S1 is not ST. S2 gets better. S3 finally hits its stride as a ST show.

There was a sequel to that movie in an ENT episode (regeneration). Enterprise is canon to the original (prime) timeline.

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
That whole article is null & void in the fact that it totally ignores the existence of Lily, who would have undoubtedly told Cochrane about the Borg.

And yet he was ranting about them in a commencement speech. So clearly he was told by someone.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
And yet he was ranting about them in a commencement speech. So clearly he was told by someone.

Yeah could only be Lily. She was the only one onboard the Enterprise. I bet after the Vulcans arrived she pulled him aside and said “wait till you hear the shyt I’ve just been through”!

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Started binging this last week, but I had to see my boo Sasha :ohlawd:

This shyt is alright, brehs....I'm on season 3 now. Only part I don't like is that Michael cries every mufukkin episode :mjtf:

Bish stop crying all the time :mjtf:

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow

This shyt is alright, brehs....I'm on season 3 now. Only part I don't like is that Michael cries every mufukkin episode :mjtf:

She overacts EVERY. SINGLE. SCENE.

S4 just wrapped this week. Not in any rush to see it.

krexzen

All Star
Daps

This! I’ve been saying this for the last few years! I’m glad I’m not the only one who notices this shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: .r.