Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Because we are a bajillion years in the future and a bridge crew of nothing but regular humanoid characters is dull. The show couldn't even give us a Trill with spots we just got some gender nonspecific white kid.

At this point some forehead or nose prosthetics would be considered exotic for this crew.

As is a full on American crew. Jason Issacs & Shazad Latif are both British but American accented in this.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
And the biggest reason not to return for S4 is that there’s going to be way more Adira & Gray shyt.

Nothing to do with genders or pronouns or any of that shyt. Just utterly boring, poorly written rubbish. And Gray has a face you would never get tired of punching.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And the biggest reason not to return for S4 is that there’s going to be way more Adira & Gray shyt.

Nothing to do with genders or pronouns or any of that shyt. Just utterly boring, poorly written rubbish. And Gray has a face you would never get tired of punching.
Their addition to the show has really done nothing of note.

They could've just introduced a Trill that was put into a teenage host in an emergency situation and skipped the imaginary lover stuff completely.

• Dap
Reactions: .r.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Season finale was OK, I knew Burnham would eventually become captain on this show :heh:

I was expecting Burnham to say "Engage" as a nod to Picard but she said Lets Fly instead :martin: maybe that catchphrase will grow on me, IDK why TOS music played at the end of the episode though :dahell: I liked it but why?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season finale was OK, I knew Burnham would eventually become captain on this show :heh:

I was expecting Burnham to say "Engage" as a nod to Picard but she said Lets Fly instead :martin: maybe that catchphrase will grow on me, IDK why TOS music played at the end of the episode though :dahell: I liked it but why?

Yall forget she is from that era
:russ:

krexzen

All Star
Daps

They played the TOS theme during the season 1 finale outro as well. I can’t remember if they did it for Season 2. I like the normal outro better. Discovery’s themes are my favorites outside of Voyager.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
I dropped this show when Georgiou dipped other than Mike and Book the cast is :scust:or :russell:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got cbs this week to specifically watch this. Season 3 is absolutely garbage so far. It definitely has more of a procedural feel which is not what I watch discovery for.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Wrapping up season one (on episode 13)

Damn, it’s crazy how things are starting to unpack.
:whoo:

Completely different writing from Star Trek series of the past. shyt is unfolding into place like a good novel.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Wrapping up season one (on episode 13)

Damn, it’s crazy how things are starting to unpack.
:whoo:

Completely different writing from Star Trek series of the past. shyt is unfolding into place like a good novel.
damn shame that you're pretty much at the high point of the entire discovery run