Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
That Kelpian man/boy damn near derailed this season and I wish The Burn happened for other reasons.

just wonder where the show goes from here. Do you spend season 4 mostly on the rebuild of the Federation? show has already has 3 “eras” already: its original start point, the Red Angel bullshyt and now them zipped a trillion years into the future where the show runners can literally make up anything and you gotta roll with it since there’s no more overlap with any previous series, casts or timelines (which is fine)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
overall, cool finale.
that really did feel more like a series finale than season...but we already got a S4 conformation...so :manny:

maybe S4 and Picard S2 will just be them fukking around in space since both of their arcs are completed.

that burn shyt was :comeon:
crybaby motherfukker...that's it?! Maaaan the build up was good but pay off was garbage!

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
overall, cool finale.

I thought it would be a continuation of this episode from star trek the next generation

Force of nature - from the last season
here's the summary below - would have been better if they at least ties into it somehow

While searching for a missing Federation medical transport, the Enterprise is accosted by two scientists from a nearby planet who claim that cumulative exposure to warp energy is weakening the fabric of space.

Daps
How did the Calamari seafood child get the power to detonate dilithium across galaxies mane. Why not pop his stupid ass instead of wasting about 4 episodes on that stupid ass lil nikka.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I can't fukk with this show

They tries to millennial-lize Star Trek

You can do updated concepts but still make it feel familiar

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Caitian, Klingon, Trill, Ferengi, Android, Edosian, all served as bridge officers across the different series.
Trill is basically human. Data was basically human. Fair point on Worf. Caitian and Edosian, I don't remember who or what they are.

But what I'm saying is that for the most part, the crew has been pretty much humanoids. Not really alien, alien.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
overall, cool finale.
that really did feel more like a series finale than season...but we already got a S4 conformation...so :manny:

maybe S4 and Picard S2 will just be them fukking around in space since both of their arcs are completed.

crybaby motherfukker...that's it?! Maaaan the build up was good but pay off was garbage!

Yeah that shyt was real :dahell: when characters already teary eyed almost every episode.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why? I mean Bajorians and Vulcans were as alien as the bridge ever got in any Star Trek. Why would it change now? :wtf:

Because we are a bajillion years in the future and a bridge crew of nothing but regular humanoid characters is dull. The show couldn't even give us a Trill with spots we just got some gender nonspecific white kid.

At this point some forehead or nose prosthetics would be considered exotic for this crew.