Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I am torn on the finale - I don't hate it, but i don't love it either.
it was mid

***spoils a specific plot point, do not read if you haven't watched***
wish the leader of the chain would have survived, Disco needs a good overarching lead villain like DS9 and the previous episode showed the character's range,
Plus she went out like a secondary character

the season 2 finale was bonkers
this was more subdued
glad to see the federation coming together again though

I just wanna see the 32nd century Enterprise
maybe season 4

will still tune in with all its faults, any trek is better than no trek

There was a new 32nd century Consitution Class at Starfleet HQ. Was convinced it would be revealed to be the Enterprise in the finale but nope. Like the rest of the ships it got a couple of seconds of screen time which is more than can be said for the Vulcan/Romulan ships. Just dots on the screen.

DSC handled the Orion’s really badly. Total shyt. Ossyra was a crap villain. Oh fukk this show. The more I think on things the more it’s apparent how fukking appallingly written it is.

Since we got fukk all of a look at the ships here they are in all they’re concept art ugliness.

dsc-s3-fedship-concept-voyager-640x359.jpg

dsc-s3-fedship-concept-nog-640x388.jpg

dsc-s3-fedship-concept-leguin-640x308.jpg

dsc-s3-fedship-concept-maathai-640x287.jpg

dsc-s3-fedship-concept-jubayr-640x540.jpg

dsc-s3-fedship-concept-annan-640x157.jpg

The Burn explanation was embarrassingly stupid as is this programmable matter nonsense. It makes ZERO practical sense. It’s just a result of this show having an obscene amount of producers and them spending a fortune on unnecessary CGI to try look cool and futuristic without giving two shyts about putting together a coherent story.

The MU, Klingon War, Control(oh fukk me that was a mess), The Burn, all poorly written rubbish. I’d be embarrassed if I was the likes of Kirsten Beyer and other Trek vets involved.

Did anyone read the Picard prequel book? I gave up when Geordie was talking to someone he had apparently met but didn’t recognise and thought to himself “I’m sure I would have remembered meeting a midget”.

fukking hell.

Even Jonathan Frakes has been sucked into the oh isn’t it all so wonderful bullshyt that secretes from every pore of the recent productions telling the fans who didn’t like it that “they were wrong to have that opinion as they didn’t know what they were on about”!

Seriously Frakes? Keep licking arse for directorial gigs. Patrick Stewart was the same. A classically trained Shakespearean actor gushing over the quality of the writing on his own show which was atrocious. It’s ok Patrick, we know they threw a stupid amount of money at you to finally to convince you to do what you had been turning down for years.

I’m now at the stage where I would have preferred no Trek than what we have been given. I’ve been happy enough with the story lines in Star Trek Online and unfortunately now that is infested with DSC, Picard & Kelvinverse shyte.

Sorry folks, that’s quite a rant but fukking needed. The recent Treks make Voyager’s Threshold episode seem like a televisual masterpiece...

Last edited:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I liked that it didn't end on a cliffhanger. I hope next season focuses less on Michael but we know that's not gonna happen.:mjlol: Good thing her actress carries this show. Especially since it looks like Saru is leaving.

What I do notice is than whenever one of the non Michael characters get into trouble, it expects us to know who these ppl are let alone care about them. Michael was worried about saving her bridge crew and I was like " oh yea, Discovery has bridge crew members". Who the fukk are those ppl? I didnt know there was a brunette on the bridge...where the fukk she come from? What happened to the blonde?:dwillhuh: plus why can everyone do everyone else's job? Arent they supposed to have specialized roles?

Everything revolves around Michael...she gets promoted every time she disobeys orders or causes a war/battle:mjlol:.....i really didnt watch the other Treks but didnt the other bridge crews have their own side stories....or at the very least, have more than 3 lines every 2 episodes :skip:

Im only watching to see much fukkery Michael gets away with. And I want to see Saru swing off on her:lolbron:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked that it didn't end on a cliffhanger. I hope next season focuses less on Michael but we know that's not gonna happen.:mjlol: Good thing her actress carries this show. Especially since it looks like Saru is leaving.

What I do notice is than whenever one of the non Michael characters get into trouble, it expects us to know who these ppl are let alone care about them. Michael was worried about saving her bridge crew and I was like " oh yea, Discovery has bridge crew members". Who the fukk are those ppl? I didnt know there was a brunette on the bridge...where the fukk she come from? What happened to the blonde?:dwillhuh: plus why can everyone do everyone else's job? Arent they supposed to have specialized roles?

Everything revolves around Michael...she gets promoted every time she disobeys orders or causes a war/battle:mjlol:.....i really didnt watch the other Treks but didnt the other bridge crews have their own side stories....or at the very least, have more than 3 lines every 2 episodes :skip:

Im only watching to see much fukkery Michael gets away with. And I want to see Saru swing off on her:lolbron:

The only thing I will say about Michael promotion is that her and Kirk are from the same era and Kirk did alot shyt that should have gotten him kicked out of Starfleet.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

They out here stealing ships from the Ori. :picard:

The Burn explanation was embarrassingly stupid as is this programmable matter nonsense.

In the 21st century, there are nanobots, programmable DNA, anc CRISPR. Programmable matter isn't all that far-fetched. In fact, I welcome it. :blessed:

The Burn, all poorly written rubbish.

The explanation for the Burn was indeed trash. That's a wild way to get Saru off the ship just so Burnham can get a promotion. :francis:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Aside from spending too much time with that slowful Kelpian man-baby I thought this was a good episode and a good way to end this season.

We finally got Michael in the captain's chair and we have the setup for the series moving forward which will make this more "Trek" for the whinier fans who think any show that isn't about a star ship traveling to new planets every week isn't sufficiently Star Trek.

I do hope that they branch out more from just being runner of dilithium and instead make Discovery the ambassadors to planets that have turned away from The Federation as well as new planets that may not even know what the hell The Federation is.

I did realize that I don't know any of the crew's names besides Burnham, Saru and Tilly. They are going to have to get to work on putting some of the focus on the bridge crew in upcoming seasons instead of being so Burnham focused.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Bruh, at the end of the episode when they were plotting their escape I was like "Who the hell is this mousy brunette woman on the bridge? Did they recast the mousy blonde woman?" because I don't recall ever seeing her before.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The explanation for the Burn was indeed trash. That's a wild way to get Saru off the ship just so Burnham can get a promotion. :francis:
Is Doug Jones not coming back? If so they need to do something about the homogenous human crew they have because without Saru there are no major alien looking aliens in the bridge crew.
With Book on the crew now they should just kill off the white engineer guy who piloted the Spore Drive and replace him with an alien character.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
After thinking about it more, this episode felt more like a series finale than a season finale

odd
but
I was hoping the v'draysh is a separate part federation that got split off after the burn
would be interesting to see how the 2 interact now that one has the dilithium.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Doug Jones is filming so he is back. Hopefully to fire his head spikes right into Burnham’s skull.

The random brunette was odd. Especially since Lt. Nillson reappeared on the bridge at the end.

Su’Kal was played by the same actor who plays Linus the Saurian.

(Side note that he is really underused in this show. Fleeting glimpses of him which must be a pain in the arse for the amount of time he has to spend in the makeup chair! His random transporting into scenes was one of the very few good things in this.)

There’s a fair bit of that in this show. Kenneth Mitchell who played the Emerald Chain scientist has played 2 or 3 Klingons in the show as well. The actor has ALS so now needs a wheelchair in real life too.

As far as this becoming a planet of the week type thing I don’t think it’s going to happen. They’re giving that format to SNW.

I wonder what will be next. Picard is supposed to be starting filming on Feb 1st. Lower Decks is already a fair bit into production and can have most of it done remotely. DSC is already filming.

Wonder if Prodigy will be the next one to be released.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Doug Jones is filming so he is back. Hopefully to fire his head spikes right into Burnham’s skull.

The random brunette was odd. Especially since Lt. Nillson reappeared on the bridge at the end.

Su’Kal was played by the same actor who plays Linus the Saurian.

(Side note that he is really underused in this show. Fleeting glimpses of him which must be a pain in the arse for the amount of time he has to spend in the makeup chair! His random transporting into scenes was one of the very few good things in this.)

There’s a fair bit of that in this show. Kenneth Mitchell who played the Emerald Chain scientist has played 2 or 3 Klingons in the show as well. The actor has ALS so now needs a wheelchair in real life too.

As far as this becoming a planet of the week type thing I don’t think it’s going to happen. They’re giving that format to SNW.

I wonder what will be next. Picard is supposed to be starting filming on Feb 1st. Lower Decks is already a fair bit into production and can have most of it done remotely. DSC is already filming.

Wonder if Prodigy will be the next one to be released.
The woman who plays Nillson was the original Airiam (the cyborg crew member who turned on them).

And isn't the Georgiou series filming now? Maybe that will be next.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
The woman who plays Nillson was the original Airiam (the cyborg crew member who turned on them).

And isn't the Georgiou series filming now? Maybe that will be next.

Yeah that was a strange one. Was it not halfway through series 1 or 2 that they just changed the actress?

Don’t know what’s happening with Georgiou’s show. I think scripts were being worked on and it was supposed to be filming right after DSC S3 but obviously plans changed. It keeps getting delayed.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah that was a strange one. Was it not halfway through series 1 or 2 that they just changed the actress?

Don’t know what’s happening with Georgiou’s show. I think scripts were being worked on and it was supposed to be filming right after DSC S3 but obviously plans changed. It keeps getting delayed.
I think it was the 1st season they made the switch.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Is Doug Jones not coming back? If so they need to do something about the homogenous human crew they have because without Saru there are no major alien looking aliens in the bridge crew.
With Book on the crew now they should just kill off the white engineer guy who piloted the Spore Drive and replace him with an alien character.

Why? I mean Bajorians and Vulcans were as alien as the bridge ever got in any Star Trek. Why would it change now? :wtf: