Star Ocean: The Divine Force (Multi-Plat)

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, it's the nostalgic feeling of getting a preorder after work, the looking at my gaming shelves and seeing a visual representation of the backlog I have. Like, I buy games on steam and I'll go back like damn, when did I buy that? Lol. First world problems, I know.

Lastly, just habit. My gamestop had always been cool. The same manager that sold me The Ocarina of Time sold me NBA2K23. They don't try to push funko on me. I just get my physical copy and bounce.

Just a combination of all of these.

Agree on the nostalgic

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting a lot of 7/10 type reviews, some 8s, some lower 5-6. Sitting on 71 or so on opencritic, so a big improvement from the previous game.

Game is apparently 40-60 hours long though. :huhldup:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Getting a lot of 7/10 type reviews, some 8s, some lower 5-6. Sitting on 71 or so on opencritic, so a big improvement from the previous game.

looks like a good deck purchase but may wait for sale :patrice: so much piff dropping soon def copping gow and tactics reborn

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Beat the demo this past weekend. My biggest gripe by far is how every attack (even basic attacks) use up the AP meter. And you'll quickly run out and have to switch characters or wait for AP bar the refill before you can attack again.

Limiting basic attacks in action-rpgs is ALWAYS WACK!!
I wasn’t even close to being hyped for this but ain’t this like a giant red flag or am I tripping?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Sounds like the typical modern Star Ocean game. Seems like it will be a decent playthrough. Just beat Relayer so I'm free now to start this.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn’t even close to being hyped for this but ain’t this like a giant red flag or am I tripping?
That’s a old mechanic this franchise uses. I guess the devs don’t want you button mashing. I seen some reviews it looks good got that old school jrpg vibe. But why release it now especially when Square just dropped two jrpgs last month?

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Most trash long running series in gaming. Why do they keep making these shyts :stopitslime:
Someone keeps buying them.
I still think Star Ocean 2 was the peak. I use the name Kenni to this day :wow:
Tales of Arise did a better Star Ocean than Star Ocean :mjlol:

But Square Enix has been going downhill for a long minute now.
FFXIV... Nah nah YOSHI-P is keeping the lights on at this point :mjlol: