Star Ocean: The Divine Force (Multi-Plat)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never played a Star Ocean game before, so I mainly feel like it is similar to Ys - however Ys8 and Ys9 do the action JRPG shyt better, and they also do the variety of location and, in particular, the classic JRPG soundtrack, much better. The only thing this does better is the graphics in the open world setting.

I still enjoy this game though.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
arise jumped backwards if anything
I’d say one step forwards and one step backwards type of deal. From a production/graphical and gameplay perspective it was a step forwards. Granted gameplay design could be improved a lot.
But the story and characters was a step backwards. (More so story because Beseria's are easily top tier. So many well developed characters. So I can't blame arise on that one, they still did good on that front.) Everyone who played Arise knows the story was hella rushed to put it nicely.

Basically worse game, but lots of stuff that they could build on if they fix the story stuff.

One issue might be that JRPG's have been lacking as of late on non Nintendo platforms. It's either lack of localization with trails or its on Switch with a late PC port. (Of course Elden Ring slaps, but some people don't consider it a JRPG and I aint about to get into that debate.)

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’d say one step forwards and one step backwards type of deal. From a production/graphical and gameplay perspective it was a step forwards. Granted gameplay design could be improved a lot.
But the story and characters was a step backwards. (More so story because Beseria's are easily top tier. So many well developed characters. So I can't blame arise on that one, they still did good on that front.) Everyone who played Arise knows the story was hella rushed to put it nicely.

Basically worse game, but lots of stuff that they could build on if they fix the story stuff.

One issue might be that JRPG's have been lacking as of late on non Nintendo platforms. It's either lack of localization with trails or its on Switch with a late PC port. (Of course Elden Ring slaps, but some people don't consider it a JRPG and I aint about to get into that debate.)

Naw I really really liked arise. only issue was the villian was stupid but thats par for course with jrpgs.

looks like this game runs like shyt on pc/steam so I'm skipping. not sullying the 5 with this :picard:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Naw I really really liked arise. only issue was the villian was stupid but thats par for course with jrpgs.

looks like this game runs like shyt on pc/steam so I'm skipping. not sullying the 5 with this :picard:

You need to get like me and download this on PS4 :blessed:

:mjcry:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's the worst one

....kay

I never forgave this game for the really bad party members and the final boss I spent like over an hour fighting because he had millions of HP. That angel girl, the cat girl, the fake buzz lightyear, and that child mage. I don’t remember all their names but it was the worst cast of characters in any game I’ve ever played. Not just any JRPG but any game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I never forgave this game for the really bad party members and the final boss I spent like over an hour fighting because he had millions of HP. That angel girl, the cat girl, the fake buzz lightyear, and that child mage. I don’t remember all their names but it was the worst cast of characters in any game I’ve ever played. Not just any JRPG but any game.
I liked the cat girl :shaq:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I liked the cat girl :shaq:
387141.jpg

:sitdown:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I played the demo, and its def not bad but i can tell its the type of game that won’t hold my attention for 50+ hours or however long this game probably is

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And it was stated in that game that she’s a kid:hhh:

Edit: and breh said that was the best game in the series, tell us you don’t play SO games without telling us you don’t play SO games brehs
They are all shyt, that was the one i had faintly fond memories of. The gameplay was kinda cool for an early action RPG. That’s what i remember about it.

They all got the pedo look and that’s japanese games/anime in general :manny:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are all shyt, that was the one i had faintly fond memories of. The gameplay was kinda cool for an early action RPG. That’s what i remember about it.

They all got the pedo look and that’s japanese games/anime in general :manny:
Well you’re right about the pedo shyt