Star Ocean: The Divine Force (Multi-Plat)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Reached the first real boss a worm monster and already I have to level grind. The party has no healer at this point and my two allies get defeated less than a minute into the battle.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Reached the first real boss a worm monster and already I have to level grind. The party has no healer at this point and my two allies get defeated less than a minute into the battle.

Exact post I made a few days ago :heh:

For me I thought I was under-leveled, but the real issue was I hadn't used my skill points yet (you can buy new skills, but you can also level up your current ones). Once I leveled them up enough to do a decent amount of damage it wasn't too bad. I think I was around level 10. There's also an auto-heal skill you can buy, I'd suggest getting that asap.

But yeah the allies are terrible when it comes to dodging AOE attacks :snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Exact post I made a few days ago :heh:

For me I thought I was under-leveled, but the real issue was I hadn't used my skill points yet (you can buy new skills, but you can also level up your current ones). Once I leveled them up enough to do a decent amount of damage it wasn't too bad. I think I was around level 10. There's also an auto-heal skill you can buy, I'd suggest getting that asap.

But yeah the allies are terrible when it comes to dodging AOE attacks :snoop:
I ended up overleveled I kept putting points into attacks and I wasn't leveling up the skills tree. I got to level 18 and once I did the skills tree the thing went down in under a minute.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The performance of this game took a nosedive shortly after getting the Android. At times it looks like a slide show and this is on a PS5 set to prioritize frame rate.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
70% higher? :comeon:

Yeah, considering how high the digital ratio was for games like tales of arise and elden ring. Digital with PC and XBOX probably has it relatively close.

Also, sold almost better than every other square enix AA game released this season, so im just not convinced those are terrible numbers.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, considering how high the digital ratio was for games like tales of arise and elden ring. Digital with PC and XBOX probably has it relatively close.

Also, sold almost better than every other square enix AA game released this season, so im just not convinced those are terrible numbers.

The digital ratio change is more like 20-30% different, not 70%. The vast majority of its sales are on PS, nobody is playing this on XBX/PC. Moreover Bayo 3 will so well overseas, SO6 won't.

It sold similar terrible numbers - 40k to 50k - to the other SE recent releases.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The digital ratio change is more like 20-30% different, not 70%. The vast majority of its sales are on PS, nobody is playing this on XBX/PC. Moreover Bayo 3 will so well overseas, SO6 won't.

It sold similar terrible numbers - 40k to 50k - to the other SE recent releases.

It sold better than Valkyrie Elysium, Diofield Chronicles, and Nier Automata port

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It sold better than Valkyrie Elysium, Diofield Chronicles, and Nier Automata port
And...? The first two sold terrible and the last is a five year port.

It has less than 5k concurrent players on Steam. shyt flopped, and I dunno why you are in here arguing otherwise - you don't even give a fukk about this franchise. :what:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And...? The first two sold terrible and the last is a five year port.

It has less than 5k concurrent players on Steam. shyt flopped, and I dunno why you are in here arguing otherwise - you don't even give a fukk about this franchise. :what:

Because games don’t live and die in japan physical charts anymore :dahell:

Game probably did the same numbers as 5 did considering its on two more platforms. Love the hypocrites on era saying the series is dead and that it flopped while making a thousand excuses for why Bayonetta 3 sold like shyt. A game thats on a platform with 26 million consoles selling slightly better than its predecessor on the wii-u and selling less than Star Ocean in the same region

Yall always pick and choose which games you wanna gleefully dub a flop and ignore others.

Last edited: