Staff: Do yall want a functional forum or not? #FixThisSite

bnew

Veteran
Daps
everything except long videos, i learned my lesson when @Stir Fry asked me for the pic of nap deep throating a banana and i failed

i sent my poor bot spelunking thru some other archivists' tinypic backups for days to no avail, toiling in the mines alone gave her colossal robopsychological damage, never again :mjcry:

edit: maybe i should submit large media to archive.org or just do it myself, space is way cheaper than the time i spend maintaining my robot army lol

for a while now i've been thinking of making a script to monitor [img] and [media] for links that can be mirrored to archive.org but I thought it wouldn't be as useful if the site went down and there was no reference for it. i also wanted to mirror all tweet text, instagram texts embeds, etc to a github repo so have something thats searchable.

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
dude doesnt even know about ublock origin and youre telling him to install freebsd on his router?

thats like telling a guy who lives on mcnuggets to cook a bouillabaisse

the best way to learn is to jump into the deep end.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
@Morethan1 sent him an email basically on some "the f*ck is going on?"

It's the only reason the site was updated last time.

And no, he doesn't respond to emails anymore either.

Fred.
So, the 2022 update was a "here nikka damn" fix and the final fix :francis:
Sounds like he know that the majority ain't gonna jump ship, so he'll basically keep the site online, until there's a massive drop in activity.

egsteel

All Star
Daps
@Morethan1 sent him an email basically on some "the f*ck is going on?"

It's the only reason the site was updated last time.

And no, he doesn't respond to emails anymore either.

Fred.
So....can you and the other mods who care start a new site? How much does it cost to run thecoli?