SSN Breaking news-Microsoft to exit the gaming business if Gamepass is still mid by 2027

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gizmo Duck said:

Yeah dude bugging. "received little to no pushback"

They’re crazy if they think people are paying that for premium :mjlol:

I’ll probably just stick to essential from now on. I rarely engage with the extra games

Yeah, they buggin' with this increase. shyt crazy.

I would say inflation but honestly, Arrogant Sony’s byke.

Lot of people won’t rock with this based on principle alone.

Lyin Ryan losing his mind

Smh hate how corporations are doing this shyt...they acting like their consumer base is rich across the board.

I have legit never seen a 35% increase like this lmao.

how long until game subscriptions start charging us extra for 4k gaming?

fukk SONY

God damn, I barely even play anything online. Already dropped from Premium might be time to go to Extra next renewal.

oh fukk them :ucku:

I'm going to let my subscription lapse when it ends and I will only consider re-subbing when its 50% moving forward.

Very bad move by Playstation.

Not suprised by IGN they been lost credibility.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The psx had more exclusives because it was cheaper and easier to develop for compared to the Saturn and N64, not because sony paid for exclusives.

Don't forget Sega's piracy problem with the Saturn and Sega Japan and Sega America not being on the same page. Also having no EA support was huge then.

Nintendo's royalty fee also made A LOT of 3rd party's jump to Playstation. Cheaper disc media made games for them more accessible plus the royalty fee charged by Sony made it a no brainer. Nintendo also backing out of the optical disc agreement with Sony created their competition :laugh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Don't forget Sega's piracy problem with the Saturn and Sega Japan and Sega America not being on the same page. Also having no EA support was huge then.

Nintendo's royalty fee also made A LOT of 3rd party's jump to Playstation. Cheaper disc media made games for them more accessible plus the royalty fee charged by Sony made it a no brainer. Nintendo also backing out of the optical disc agreement with Sony created their competition :laugh:

Nintendo literally told 3rd party developers what they could and could not put on their console.

Sony came in and was a huge breath of fresh air for the industry at the time, which is why everyone jumped ship. Xbox stans want to make you think sony came in and bullied people into putting games on their platform though cause it sounds nicer than what Microsoft is currently doing

While nintendo was bullying 3rd party developers and limiting how many games they could release on their platform

Sega was busy burning through cash putting out tons of redundant hardware and having in-fighting within the company

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Somy Stans want their $1200 console and have an eternal monopoly
I'm PC only this gen and we have $1600 video cards because of a lack of competition :francis:

Thankfully Intel is making video cards now so hopefully it'll force Nvidia to stop price gouging.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I mean man, outside of Gears and Halo, they really didn't bring much the last twenty years and those titles fell off in regards to their consistency by not being able to produce great sequels. Not to mention other shooters like Call of Duty being the era's defining shooter games during those years.

The simple question though is, was anybody really needing an Xbox in the first place and even more relevant - do they now? When the Xbox dropped it was because of Halo, then the 360 dropped it was because of Gears. Nothing to note since then as the other big action games took over - back in 2007 which was more than 15 years ago.

Starfield this year was supposed to be that game, but it only now has barely outsold Final Fantasy XVI (which had a lot of protest) and still at best sits as the 5th highest selling title this year. That ain't moving the needle in the way they need. If that took 10 years to make, that's not a good sign if they need something in the next three years (2027).

They haven't been able to create any enormous exclusive console-must have FOMO since Gears of War and Halo to be honest. After the 360 generation, most FPS gamers went to PC straight up while relying on Playstation and Nintendo for all the other games. Sports games are basically PS-dominated and has taken a lot of people's needs for online team games. Nobody needs exclusive Microsoft shooters anymore.

Again, 2027 is three years away and they're going to need something big. At this point, I don't see it. They'll need to find something fast and easy to make that's groundbreaking. That kind of innovation doesn't come around often.

As a company, maybe Microsoft goes the Nvidia route and steps away from gaming to focus on AI and put more resources into ChatGPT as they may be starting to engage in an AI war with Google after they purchased OpenAI.

So that's three big competitors in different markets, 2 of which (Apple and Sony) they're getting out-gunned and the other (Google) is a monster when it comes to the internet and now they're basically direct competitors for internet search space. At this point they're spread thin and kind of, well, mid at everything except they got ChatGPT (and hopefully the acquisition of OpenAI don't end up like their other acquisitions).

Sometimes you got to learn you can't swim with fish and you may have to pull your resources because you're getting spread too thin.

If Microsoft does end up leaving the space, I'd personally love to see a Sony and Nintendo all out war.
Sony and Nintendo aren't interested in direct competition anymore. They pretty much abandoned the segments of the market the other is strong in. Nintendo isn't out here mainly targeting adult male gamers in the 18-35 crowd. Sony isn't out there really targeting family friendly games that are more accessible to children. After Nintendo went blue ocean and found great success with the Wii it was a wrap for that direct competition with Sony.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm PC only this gen and we have $1600 video cards because of a lack of competition :francis:

Thankfully Intel is making video cards now so hopefully it'll force Nvidia to stop price gouging.

That is what Sony wants in the console market. $1200 price tags and $130 games.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
shyt wild how this console war nonsense got people hoping for a monopoly of their favorite company like we ain’t all see what happened when 2K got a monopoly over basketball in real time. Don’t even get me started on GTA V and Madden for that matter. This would be way worse.

Really cheering for Sony to be in a position to overcharge the fukk out of you just so you can come to the Coli and say “haha xbots we won :umad:”. Then celebrate your “victory” by paying double or more than you would be paying if X Box was still around.

They already showing you what’s to come with these new PS Plus prices and y’all still cheering them on :gucci:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
shyt wild how this console war nonsense got people hoping for a monopoly of their favorite company like we ain’t all see what happened when 2K got a monopoly over basketball in real time. Don’t even get me started on GTA V and Madden for that matter. This would be way worse.

Really cheering for Sony to be in a position to overcharge the fukk out of you just so you can come to the Coli and say “haha xbots we won :umad:”. Then celebrate your “victory” by paying double or more than you would be paying if X Box was still around.

They already showing you what’s to come with these new PS Plus prices and y’all still cheering them on :gucci:

Yes, lets pretend one platform holder doesn’t have literal emails about buying another platform holder right now and detailed ways on how to infiltrate their company :mjlol:

the only threat of a monopoly is from the trillion dollar company known for anti-competitive practices

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Both Nintendo and sega backed out of a partnership with sony.

Sega of America was pissed when that deal never happened.

Sony sold the psx on their own after being rejected by the big 2, and they won by offering developer friendly licensing and easy hardware to develop games.

When it launched it was cheaper than the n64 and the Saturn, and sony was the first to establish a baseline price for games. $40 bucks a game, price drops once the games sold enough. On the 64 you might spend over $100 for certain games.

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

The Saturn's DRM was cracked only a few years ago.