SSN Breaking news-Microsoft to exit the gaming business if Gamepass is still mid by 2027

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Both Nintendo and sega backed out of a partnership with sony.

Sega of America was pissed when that deal never happened.

Sony sold the psx on their own after being rejected by the big 2, and they won by offering developer friendly licensing and easy hardware to develop games.

When it launched it was cheaper than the n64 and the Saturn, and sony was the first to establish a baseline price for games. $40 bucks a game, price drops once the games sold enough. On the 64 you might spend over $100 for certain games.

Aint goin cap though thats a cold name for a system

Playstation Genesis

man...what could have been

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You cannot name a single way you would benefit from X Box going out of business except bragging about winning a Coli console war.

And considering the fact Sony needs PlayStation a hell of a lot more than MS needs XB tells me whatever emails you’re tombout are taken out of context. MS would still be a multi billion if not trillion dollar business without XB. Sony would damn near go out of business without PS.

That’s prolly why they don’t try as hard as Sony to win some corny ass console war.

Sony making it to where you would have a terrible experience playing without PS Plus to the point we’re all but dependent on having it, then raising the prices as much as they have is some of the most predatory shyt I ever seen in gaming.

X Box going out of business would make it way worse and PS6 would not be anything less than $1000 at launch and they technically would have no reason to ever lower the price. :picard:

The mere fact that people cannot see that, is maddening. People want to be price whores and no sense of urgency.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I know I'm not bringing much to the conversation but really I need to know who in the hell stans Microsoft

I understand stanning for Nintendo

I understand stanning for Sony

I understand stanning for Apple (specially Steve jobs apple)

For their nostalgia and their history.

But Microsoft
it's like Being a Vince McMahon Stan :mjlol:
bu-bu-bu-but Halo :damn:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
No its factual.

When sony came into gaming with playstation one, they shook up the world by buying exclusives, studios and starving competition. They're in the position they're today because of those decisions. Nintendo is making kiddy consoles because of those decisions as well.

Sony starving competition led to Sega, Panasonic and SNK leaving the console market.
As much as I love Sega, but Sega's infighting and dumb business decisions (the 32X being made which hurts the Saturn when it comes to 3D capabilities and the partnership with 3Dfx that fell thru would've help the Dreamcast) is what did them in. SNK was bleeding money and the overreliance on the arcade business hurt them the most. Panasonic came into the market with a system that's expensive as the Neo Geo and the market was oversaturated.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
As much as I love Sega, but Sega's infighting and dumb business decisions (the 32X being made which hurts the Saturn when it comes to 3D capabilities and the partnership with 3Dfx that fell thru would've help the Dreamcast) is what did them in. SNK was bleeding money and the overreliance on the arcade business hurt them the most. Panasonic came into the market with a system that's expensive as the Neo Geo and the market was oversaturated.

Its weird how people that consider themselves life long games still don’t know ths

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:mjlol: If this happens, it be the funniest shyt ever because Microsoft thumped their chest about aquiring Bethesda and will do the same if they get Blizzard. So for them to turn around and tell them, "We dipping out of the gaming scene." would be complete fukkery.

:wow: If GameStop outlives XBox, complete fukkery.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol: If this happens, it be the funniest shyt ever because Microsoft thumped their chest about aquiring Bethesda and will do the same if they get Blizzard. So for them to turn around and tell them, "We dipping out of the gaming scene." would be complete fukkery.

:wow: If GameStop outlives XBox, complete fukkery.

I don’t really see them leaving gaming, but i think its possible they start to move away from hardware sooner than later

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Its weird how people that consider themselves life long games still don’t know ths
And that's not even taking account that Apple was also in the console market during the fifth generation of console gaming. That generations history alone is chaotic. :picard: People here is concern about Microsoft leaving and I understand, but they gotta take into consideration if MS leaves in 2027, Google will spin the block if they really want to be in the market as we seen them do that before with the Nexus -> Pixel. Apple's mindshare is on a different level and I don't think brehs here want Apple coming back into the market.

Me personally, we need one more player and I would choose Apple because I can see them putting effort. Plus, it'll force Microsoft to compete, that's their lifelong rival.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And that's not even taking account that Apple was also in the console market during the fifth generation of console gaming. That generations history alone is chaotic. :picard: People here is concern about Microsoft leaving and I understand, but they gotta take into consideration if MS leaves in 2027, Google will spin the block if they really want to be in the market as we seen them do that before with the Nexus -> Pixel. Apple's mindshare is on a different level and I don't think brehs here want Apple coming back into the market.

Me personally, we need one more player and I would choose Apple because I can see them putting effort. Plus, it'll force Microsoft to compete, that's their lifelong rival.

Apple is slowly but surely stepping up, they’re putting a lot of effort into getting developers on MacOS. Apple Arcade also quietly maes a shyt load of money, if someone like Microsoft left I could see Apple scooping some of those studios