SSN Breaking news-Microsoft to exit the gaming business if Gamepass is still mid by 2027

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is a garbage ass post and everyone that dapped it should be banned. Only halo and gears? Really you clowns?

5th best selling game, yeah for a game that you could otherwise PAY 10 BUCKS FOR THE LITERAL SERVICE THIS THREAD IS ABOUT YOU IDIOT.

Now on to the thread. It's things like this that make me believe more we live in a simulation. I'm a fukking loser nobody but if I show you 100 million subs and Phil Spencer says that's a failure and we should exit in 3 years if that's all we got... Bro my mind would instantly think we just bought Activision and your dumb ass can't make 100M users profitable? FIRED. I'd fire his ass asap.

PHILLIP SPENCER IS A GOD DAMN MORON AND I ONLY LEARNED HE EXISTED THIS WEEK. :damn:
I'ma casual gamer breh, don't know much of what Xbox got as exclusives at this point. Starfield is the main one.

I do know the exclusives Sony got though, as do most casuals and we know they been been on steady release on the PS5 that's partly why folks been buying the system (and for Madden, 2K, FIBA, etc. as the system of choice).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They aren’t competing now
I guess you deny that the current iteration of PlayStation Plue Extra and Premium are a response to the existence of GamePass. Hell that PlayStation Network itself and trophies are a response to Xbox Live and achievements. I guess you deny that participants in the industry don’t come up with and improve the ideas of other participants. It’s all about brand wars right. Nobody influences anybody.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, very unfortunate turn of events :francis:
You enjoy stuff on PlayStation today that Microsoft pioneered and pushed for. Sony was in the game much longer yet stuff like a unified online ID and cross game chat / invites didn’t come to PlayStation before Xbox even though they should have.

Even if you don’t want or like their products there’s a benefit to having multiple companies pushing different ideas and refining them.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Y'all nikkas are insane :mindblown:

How is having less competition in gaming a benefit to the consumer? Do y'all not remember the bullshyt $600 PS3 with that shytty store front, shytty OS, and shytty online experience? And if you didn't like the price you should get a second job and pay for it.

Y'all putting your faith in Sony when they've shown they'll fukk over the consumer for profit too.

You're not exactly fostering healthy competition in the market when you justify buying up entire publishers to hinder emerging competitors like Apple, Google and Amazon. That's per their own words.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
They have been stuck on 25 mil, kind of like how PS was stuck with their #. Maybe COD games can take ‘em there, we will see. I think raising prices is probably more expected

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You're not exactly fostering healthy competition in the market when you justify buying up entire publishers to hinder emerging competitors like Apple, Google and Amazon. That's per their own words.
Microsoft leaving the gaming space and leaving only Sony and Nintendo isn't fostering healthy competition either.

I just never understood rooting for a billion dollar company to succeed or fail as a middle class consumer. That shyt baffles my mind.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Microsoft leaving the gaming space and leaving only Sony and Nintendo isn't fostering healthy competition either.

I just never understood rooting for a billion dollar company to succeed or fail as a middle class consumer. That shyt baffles my mind.
You're right, but @CoolinInTheCut is also right.

More competition is good, but this idea microsoft has that they should just be able to buy their way to the top is not good.

Microsoft's issue is that they've failed at directing their in house studio's to produce quality games consistently. Just buying up publishers is not the solution when they can't even manage what they already have. They need to turn that money inwards and figure out why they fail where sony and nintendo wins. This hands off approach to game production is not the right move, the budget for halo infinite is retarded when you consider the final product, if microsoft is serious about the gaming industry then they need to be more involved.

It's clear that Phil Spencer needs to go, it seems like his main priority is spending money to aquire shyt and not on managing his development teams. Dude is out here wasting time trying to figure out how to buy nintendo.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
dance-pusherman.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You enjoy stuff on PlayStation today that Microsoft pioneered and pushed for. Sony was in the game much longer yet stuff like a unified online ID and cross game chat / invites didn’t come to PlayStation before Xbox even though they should have.

Even if you don’t want or like their products there’s a benefit to having multiple companies pushing different ideas and refining them.

If Microsoft exited the console business someone else would just enter, just like they did after Sega

If Microsoft fail and have to leave the industry after 25 years thats because THEY THEMSELVES failed to be competitive in the market not Sony or Nintendos fault. Some of yall think Microsoft needs to exist just because they are here and not because they are actually doing anything to challenge Sony or Nintendo.

Its up to them to bring something interesting to the table and its not some universal right that they should be able to buy out whatever company they want so they can do that.

It’s like saying Buick deserves to exist because Japanese cars are bringing more value and business in and America needs to have their own no matter what, so its up to us to bail them out, not them to create better cars

they’ve had 20+ years to create good long lasting gaming franchises and they haven’t been able to do it outside of forza, gears, and halo, which the latter two are on their dying breath.

Last edited:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
stuff like a unified online ID and cross game chat / invites didn’t come to PlayStation before Xbox even though they should have.

Games now don't even have Single Sign On anymore and party chat literally the worst thing to happen to XBL. They don't even have pregame lobby or post game lobby in a Halo Infinite.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If Microsoft exited the console business someone else would just enter, just like they did after Sega

If Microsoft fail and have to leave the industry after 25 years thats because THEY THEMSELVES failed to be competitive in the market not Sony or Nintendos fault. Some of yall think Microsoft needs to exist just because they are here and not because they are actually doing anything to challenge Sony or Nintendo.

Its up to them to bring something interesting to the table and its not some universal right that they should be able to buy out whatever company they want so they can do that.

It’s like saying Buick deserves to exist because Japanese cars are bringing more value and business in and America needs to have their own no matter what, so its up to us to bail them out, not them to create better cars

they’ve had 20+ years to create good long lasting gaming franchises and they haven’t been able to do it outside of forza, gears, and halo, which the latter two are on their dying breath.
The irony of you suggesting this company that you’re basically calling worthless in the gaming industry is some barrier to entry of a different company entering it is laughable. If this hypothetical new player wanted to enter the market why haven’t they already?Because they fear Microsoft? The same Microsoft you suggested doesn’t amount to shyt? Nah.

The reality is the only company out there interested in competing with Sony in the console space is Microsoft and if they pull out no other company is looking to take their place.

Other companies aren’t dumb. They know it’s borderline impossible to enter this space and topple the market leaders as it exist today. We’ve seen Apple, Google, and Amazon and the like flirt with making gaming products but ultimately back off.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're right, but @CoolinInTheCut is also right.

More competition is good, but this idea microsoft has that they should just be able to buy their way to the top is not good.

Microsoft's issue is that they've failed at directing their in house studio's to produce quality games consistently. Just buying up publishers is not the solution when they can't even manage what they already have. They need to turn that money inwards and figure out why they fail where sony and nintendo wins. This hands off approach to game production is not the right move, the budget for halo infinite is retarded when you consider the final product, if microsoft is serious about the gaming industry then they need to be more involved.

It's clear that Phil Spencer needs to go, it seems like his main priority is spending money to aquire shyt and not on managing his development teams. Dude is out here wasting time trying to figure out how to buy nintendo.
Phil Spencer is over the entire Xbox division. He’s not head of Xbox Studios. His job isn’t to manage studios that’s Matt Booty’s job.