SSN Breaking news-Microsoft to exit the gaming business if Gamepass is still mid by 2027

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If Xbox croaks, can we get their exclusive games? (Halo, gears?) :lupe:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
I mean man, outside of Gears and Halo, they really didn't bring much and those titles fell off in regards to their consistency by not being able to produce great sequels.

Was anybody really needing an Xbox? Like what's the big contribution the last twenty years?
Forza Horizon is the goat open-world racing franchise and there’s no equivalent on PlayStation or Nintendo. But you don’t need an Xbox to play it anymore, so… :patrice:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony Stan’s can’t even read a simple graph. No way y’all work in tech :francis:

FY27 target is around 50m+. So they need to double their growth in 4 years.

What’s that around 10-12% each year?

On one hand, that's not too crazy of a goal.

But on the other hand, my salesbreh PTSD related goal skepticism kicks in. 10-12% each year in growth is pretty aggressive, considering that the product might be close to hitting flattening return in its current markets. After all, we're essentially talking about roughly doubling the subscriber base they've built in about six years in about four years. It's not necessarily impossible, but like I was saying before, it's pretty aggressive.

I'm thinking if they're able to expand to some of the more promising markets they're not currently in, but realistically speaking, I'd imagine a lot of the delay is figuring out pricing, and not fukking up whatever ARPU targets they're looking for.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
On one hand, that's not too crazy of a goal.

But on the other hand, my salesbreh PTSD related goal skepticism kicks in. 10-12% each year in growth is pretty aggressive, considering that the product might be close to hitting flattening return in its current markets. After all, we're essentially talking about roughly doubling the subscriber base they've built in about six years in about four years. It's not necessarily impossible, but like I was saying before, it's pretty aggressive.

I'm thinking if they're able to expand to some of the more promising markets they're not currently in, but realistically speaking, I'd imagine a lot of the delay is figuring out pricing, and not fukking up whatever ARPU targets they're looking for.
Needs more data to come a good conclusion.

You’re probably gonna see additional SKUs like gamepass mobile, gamepass cloud only, gamepass family, etc depending on what happens with ABK.

They seem behind on the timeline based on other leaks so this may be pushed a little bit, but ultimately if they’re able to get 6 really good first party games on the service by then, but other 3rd party games I think people will sign up and see value.

In some ways it what folks see when they get a ps5 and haven’t played much of last gen and go wow Spider-Man, god of war, got, etc are really fun. Glad I did this.

With regard to mobile, it’s a smaller fee you can easily see a set it and forget scenario like with NYtimes cook book or other smaller subs.