Spot the Black people

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
imagine buying games full price when this is what your black dollars are going to... smh. better holla at the Blacks at Xbox and ask them how they did it. cause no one wants to be the only breh working at respawn, white boys looking at you like your part of the cleaning crew

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
imagine buying games full price when this is what your black dollars are going to... smh. better holla at the Blacks at Xbox and ask them how they did it. cause no one wants to be the only breh working at respawn, white boys looking at you like your part of the cleaning crew

Seems like I need to put my gear back on /////////

original.gif

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
TBH, as someone who has been around people who programmed games, at least while I was in school, the common theme was that they did it as a hobby since they were kids.

I don't think its something most people are going to go into just by picking a major. A lot of times, these are the type of people who were at home programming their own games in their free time for fun.

So, introducing young kids to programming at a young age and maybe doing it through game development is the best place to start.

Personally I can program but the idea of programming a game doesn't interest me. Just not my jam. :yeshrug:. I've even had assignments where we had an option to program a game for a project and the other options were more practical programming assignments like building an alarm or something more everyday use and I would choose that or steer our group towards that. I think it takes a special interest in game development.

I...Don't agree with this. I actually got into programming via comp science (started with Java) and its not what I'm naturally into. Coding, and its concepts are very teachable (most things are), its really just what you are willing to put into it that matters.