Spot the Black people

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
What's stopping us from forming our own studios?

UE5 is free to use. I'm willing to work with anyone here on a project, even just to familiarize ourselves with the engine.

A team of 20 people made the first Hellblade on UE.

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
What's stopping us from forming our own studios?

Sadly the following:

• Money
  • Manpower
  • Putting aside ego
  • Making sacrifices
  • Convincing publishers the product is legit
  • Dealing with the politics (:mjpls:)
  • Knowing to accept crunch time (sadly, if the game is a hit, or you want it to be a hit...this will be a b*stard of a decision for excellence)
  • Finding a lane (Imagine trying to put out a Battle Royale in 2023)

Bottom line, there are layers to the shyt which sadly outweighs the favor that could help black developers do for self. There's a difference between the movie industry where the abilities are accessible, versus a gaming industry that refuses to get off of whatever the fukk it's been on for quite some time...

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
$$$$$$, even creating little indie games takes years of unpaid work and your game still has to hit

Square biz. The only way this could come to light is if a Mogul is willing to allow a bunch of talented black developers do their thing. Beyond the indie nonsense, but more of a AA to AAA quality game. I hope we see that along with an all black League of Legends team before I eat my final leaf on this earth :mjcry:

I would legit cry like old heads when Obama won the election. That shyt would mean so much to me because I am sick and tired of talented developers getting overlooked or doomed to create shytty ass indie games.

Its time to grow up and show out.