Sports Analyst, Emmanuel Acho, says being non-FBA means he doesn't have "generational trauma" and he can speak with no "sting" to white people.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
again, he's not just having dialogues with white people about race, he's saying that him not having "generational trauma" means white people like him better. he's trying to portray himself as a better version of a black man directly compared to black americans because he doesn't have the "sting" when he talks to white people. the implication is that black americans have some sort of duty to provide a "safe space" for white people in order for racism to end.

He was speaking for himself alone. He litterally prefaces it by saying it's "his method" for talking about these topics. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat. He never said his way is the only way or better. You dont have to provide a safe space for anyone just like you dont have to have a conversation at all with any cac. But in america you WILL have to live, work and interact with cacs everyday. And yall aint tryin to go to war though so you will have to deal with cacs on a diplomatic level which is providing them a safe space. Yall aint militant with your cac bosses or at work. Lets stop the cap.

You will need white folks support for reparations unless you plan on taking it by force.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
exactly.

imagine: "I'm better equipped than black South Africans to deal with Afrikaners because I don't have the generational trauma of Apartheid holding me back...i don't have any sting when i speak to whites in South Africa".
Hey, Haitians, we are better equipped to have difficult conversations with the French because we didn't experience 200+ years of economic and physical sabotage. That whole Haitian Revolution might've made you a tad biased against the French. They love us, we gave them Jazz!
:troll:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Hey, Haitians, we are better equipped to have difficult conversations with the French because we didn't experience 200+ years of economic and physical sabotage. That whole Haitian Revolution might've made you a tad biased against the French. They love us, we gave them Jazz!
:troll:
"I'm better equipped than Jews to talk to Nazis because I have the privilege and luxury of not having generational Holocaust trauma. The key to ending anti-semitism is through uncomfortable conversations where you provide a safe space for Nazis to ask questions"

Last edited:

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
that's all good ... you had more of an issue with the fact that he said it not what he said.

the interviewer and thread made a "controversy" of his statement yet that statement is in line with what ADOS posters have been saying for years...

If Africans say they don't have the capacity for understanding due to lack of same experience we are problematic, if we say we do then we are absurd because we can't possibly know. It's literally no right answers. what there is is a lot of tension and it is volatile online and exploited. enter this thread and OP a self identifying ADOS poster. I find it hard to believe he is offended by that statement when it has been a strongly held belief amongst posters of his group. I think people like to feign ignorance to exploit the situation for outrage when convenient. which is just more of that diaspora war shyt.
What I want for him is to just be quiet when it comes towards black Americans issues. If he understands his position then he needs to back off or quietly support.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
"I'm better equipped than Jews to talk to Nazis because I have the privilege and luxury of not having generational Holocaust trauma. The key to ending anti-semitism is through uncomfortable conversations where you provide a safe space for Nazis to asked questions"
Palestinians, y'all are letting the Occupation of Gaza and the West Bank cloud your judges when it comes to Israel. I'm sure an equitable two state solution can be found if we just engage in open and honest dialogue, with an emphasis on reconciliation 🤝
:russ:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
What I want for him is to just be quiet when it comes towards black Americans issues. If he understands his position then he needs to back off or quietly support.
He shouldn't represent Black people in entirety he doesn't have the capacity to if he was learning about race as an adult that is a deficit i fear cannot be overcome.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
i'm asking why people who's sentiments he's echoing now have a problem with said sentiment. there's no hill to die on. nobody cosigns him.
The diaspora wars have cooked your mind breh. Why can't we just roast this dumbass and the dummies who say Black people on the continent can't understand the situation of Black people in America?

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
i can pull receipts from nearly any diaspora war thread with posters echoing his exact sentiment. all this emotional shyt you doing is besides the point.
you a faqgot but you right. I’m good to say y’all ain’t us.
:manny:

too many emotional black americans in this Thread looking for kinship from y’all

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
He’s correct which is why separating Black Americans from Africans and other has always been the correct move but when you tell people they call you divisive and c00n.

But we’re two different ethnic groups from two sides of the pond with our own experience, different genetic makeup and culture and experiences.

But separation is called is “divisive” :mjlol: When Africans will tell you themselves they don’t feel or view themselves as black and that’s ok no problem but Black Americans do which is why separation is necessary.

He also needs to shut the fukk up speaking for Black Americans when he’s not one of us and doesn’t even feel connected to us.
exhibit A

this is a veterans of the buffoon wars and you can see it for yourselves what I was talking about whole thread. some people pretending they haven't been saying what Emmanuel is saying on the coli for years now, remixing his statement. but you can count on the true buffoon to stand on their truth :mjgrin:

2 sides of the same coin, spread love not war.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How does his Nigerian lineage supposedly free him of generational trauma? Nigeria and Nigerians were colonized and enslaved by the English. They didn't even name their own country or set the geographical borders. A White woman named their country and England set their borders: and then forced them to speak English.

That nikka crazy.