Sports Analyst, Emmanuel Acho, says being non-FBA means he doesn't have "generational trauma" and he can speak with no "sting" to white people.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Cant speak on his podcast cause I havent seen it. I will go check out some episodes though. But from the clips posted in this thread I didnt get that overall sentiment at all that he felt he was better than anyone. He was just framing his response. And he very well could be c00ning in his podcast but from the clip with Van I dont see it.

And who has Van lathan ever challenged outside of Kanye and Acho? Does he even go at cacs? Have anybody on the level of Roger Godell or any prominent cac business leader even ever sat down to talk with Van Lathan? Its easy to talk and tell folks what to do when your on the sidelines and outside looking in. Van was always boot lickin and real quiet when he was around Harvey Levin on TMZ even when they would trash black folks.
that was added by the twitter trolls. which is what they do. harvest and exploit these misunderstandings. which is the purpose of this thread.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm not the biggest Van fan but he had a point here. Yes Acho played for the Eagles back in the day and for the most part he's been cool. But I'm not with him on this "Uncomfortable conversations with a Black Man". Maybe his heart is in the right place. He was kind of coming off as "I'm the safe Negro that doesn't have Generational Trauma" (Yet his family came to be amongst Black Americans in a Majority White Country instead of staying in all Black Country). Well if you don't have Generational American Trauma than you don't have Generational American Knowledge to talk to White People about this subject. How can Acho place himself as some spokesman for race relations when as he said he doesn't have the Generational Trauma to this Country?

I'm trying to imagine me going to another Country and trying to talk on a subject about bringing both sides in a 400 year old conflict together. Stop. Newsflash Acho. White People are fully aware you aren't a Descendant of American Slavery. Why do some of my Diaspora Brothers and Sisters think they have some elevated knowledge because they don't come from this particular Generational Trauma? You don't. You will never understand or know White People in America better than we do. Also Colonization and White Supremacy caused a lot of Generational Trauma in African Countries that are still being effected till this day. Just like Slavery History still effects us.

Just because Oprah cosigned that mess doesn't mean I have to. Dude does not speak for me or Black Americans therefor him talking to White People doesn't move the needle necessarily. He can have those conversations, it's a free Country (Thanks to Black Americans) but don't frame it as you "Can Talk to them differently". It accomplishes nothing really because you don't represent the aggrieved people that are Black Americans because in your own words, you don't have that Generational Trauma. Making White People feel comfortable is not the goal or objective. This is the difference, He wants to make them feel comfortable or have some safe space. We don't care if they are comfortable or not. You gonna get this Truth wither your mad or upset regardless. Does he think he's some kind of "Buffer" with White People in this conversation? Because he's not really. Dude should probably stay in his lane. Black American Trauma and History is not his expertise by his own admission.

Last edited:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
take Van Lathan out of it...Emmanuel Acho still said some c00n shyt. And I posted what was on his website:

that's crystal clear as to what he means by no "sting". He wants white people to see him as a "safe space" to talk about their racism.

In order to have any fruitful conversation you need to create a safe place to dialogue. Correct me if I'm wrong but is that not the purpose of the show? To actually have discussion? is the goal to just sh!t on cacs or is the goal to discuss racism?

KamikazePilot

Superstar
Daps
He’s correct which is why separating Black Americans from Africans and other has always been the correct move but when you tell people they call you divisive and c00n.

But we’re two different ethnic groups from two sides of the pond with our own experience, different genetic makeup and culture and experiences.

But separation is called is “divisive” :mjlol: When Africans will tell you themselves they don’t feel or view themselves as black and that’s ok no problem but Black Americans do which is why separation is necessary.

He also needs to shut the fukk up speaking for Black Americans when he’s not one of us and doesn’t even feel connected to us.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
On Twitter everyone letting him have it collectively and that makes me smile

Yup. He said what he said to explain his soft shoeing with white folks and their anti blackness on his show that's it. Him saying he doesn't have "trauma" is BS because colonization has affected many African nations including Nigeria.

If ppl would stop electing themselves as spokespeople for Black ppl as a whole they could avoid a lot of shyt.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
In order to have any fruitful conversation you need to create a safe place to dialogue. Correct me if I'm wrong but is that not the purpose of the show? To actually have discussion? is the goal to just sh!t on cacs or is the goal to discuss racism?
again, he's not just having dialogues with white people about race, he's saying that him not having "generational trauma" means white people like him better. he's trying to portray himself as a better version of a black man directly compared to black americans because he doesn't have the "sting" when he talks to white people. the implication is that black americans have some sort of duty to provide a "safe space" for white people in order for racism to end.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
the context you're missing is that Emmanual Acho has a podcast called "Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man" when he calls himself discussing race with with white Americans. He portrays himself as some kind of more palatable version of a black man compared to black americans. So he sits around with white people easing THEIR minds about their racist views.

He wasn't just saying "I don't have the racial history black americans have so when i talk to white people it's doesn't have that context"...he's saying "white people like me more, and i want them to like me more, and i'm a better representative of blackness in america than multigenerational black americans". It's extremely c00nish.

Even if he didn't say it to Van Lathan, it's still c00nish.

from his website:
Yea, Ocho is on some clown shyt. Saying that because he doesn't have slavery in his background he can more rationally deal with cacs free from bias.

Like, nikka what. Imagine ADOS went to Nigeria or the UK and said that because we didn't experience colonialism, we are better judges of the character and actions of Eurocacs and we could be better advocates because we are unbiased . Inagine going to the Congo and saying that dumb shyt to people whose family had members killed or maimed. Saying that we are better arbiters to to help the Congolese"bury the hatchet" with Leopold's ghost and that traumatic experience with colonialism clouded their judgement regarding Belgium cacs.
:laff:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Yea, Ocho is on some clown shyt. Saying that because he doesn't have slavery in his background he can more rationally deal with cacs free from bias.

Like, nikka what. Imagine ADOS went to Nigeria or the UK and said that because we didn't experience colonialism, we are better judges of the character and actions of Eurocacs and we could be better advocates because we are unbiased . Inagine going to the Congo and saying that dumb shyt to people whose family had members killed or maimed. Saying that we are better arbiters to to help the Congolese"bury the hatchet" with Leopold's ghost and that traumatic experience with colonialism clouded their judgement regarding Belgium cacs.
:laff:
exactly.

imagine: "I'm better equipped than black South Africans to deal with Afrikaners because I don't have the generational trauma of Apartheid holding me back...i don't have any sting when i speak to whites in South Africa".