Sports Analyst, Emmanuel Acho, says being non-FBA means he doesn't have "generational trauma" and he can speak with no "sting" to white people.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
He is very wrong.

Why do you think Nigerias official language is English?

Because Britain conquered/colonized Nigeria. Just bc his lineage isn't directly tied to American slavery, doesn't mean the white man hasn't affected his lineage.
I believe he’s specifically referring to race relations here in the US.

The US didn’t enslave his ancestors for centuries like it did mine.

The experiences are not comparable.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Nothing Acho said was offensive. In fact he pretty much cosigned ADOS. And Acho speaks as a black man and has made the distinction that he is not ADOS. Being "black" is not limited to America nor is the "black american experience" limited to just ADOS blacks, so he can speak his truth in that regard. The white supremacist social construct largely determines how you are treated in America and thats based on skin color, physical features, and perception first. On a micro level thats where lineage can come into play in areas like jobs ( ie sometimes an African name on a resume could be seen as as preferential to a stereotypical black sound name like "Shaniqua" or something... However both will be seen as less desirable than other races and white folks.)

There are points made on both sides. Problem with Vans argument is that he dont really want to go to war with cacs at the end of the day. Most black folk dont. So the only other option is to work with them. which we do daily at our jobs and in life. Acho is basically saying its easier for him to be pragmatic and "bury the hatchet" to find middle ground and have a discussion with white folks than someone like Van who gave an emotional response but no real solution. It's like when keeping it real goes wrong.

Just like with the Kyrie situation. Folks wanted him to keep it real but if he did that meant loosing everything. Kyrie want to play ball and keep cashing those jewish checks. Only a fool didnt see that situation ending without him taking a giant L. So why say what he said and approach the situation like that in the first place? He knew he didnt want to go to war and it would end in him backtracking. He lost millions for nothing. Thats what Vans approach will get you unless you willing to loose it all.
the context you're missing is that Emmanual Acho has a podcast called "Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man" when he calls himself discussing race with with white Americans. He portrays himself as some kind of more palatable version of a black man compared to black americans. So he sits around with white people easing THEIR minds about their racist views.

He wasn't just saying "I don't have the racial history black americans have so when i talk to white people it's doesn't have that context"...he's saying "white people like me more, and i want them to like me more, and i'm a better representative of blackness in america than multigenerational black americans". It's extremely c00nish.

Even if he didn't say it to Van Lathan, it's still c00nish.

from his website:
Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man, is a safe place to have the uncomfortable conversations about race that many white people have never been able to have. But enough is enough- I want to remove the barriers for why we’ve never had these conversations. I want to provide a free space for curious white people to answer the questions they’ve always had but have been too nervous to ask. Like, “How can I have white privilege if I’m not wealthy?”, or “is racial profiling ok if black people tend to commit more crimes”, or my personal favorite from a 19-year-old girl from rural Alabama named Amy who asked, “if black people can say the ‘N’ word, why can’t I?” And many, many more.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
the context you're missing is that Emmanual Acho has a podcast called "Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man" when he calls himself discussing race with with white Americans. He portrays himself as some kind of more palatable version of a black man compared to black americans. So he sits around with white people easing THEIR minds about their racist views.

He wasn't just saying "I don't have the racial history black americans have so when i talk to white people it's doesn't have that context"...he's saying "white people like me more, and i want them to like me more, and i'm a better representative of blackness in america than multigenerational black americans". It's extremely c00nish.

from his website:
It's a lot of c00ns on here
Amazing
And I still find reasons to get surprised on here

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Triple plat thread incoming :dead:

As a non-“ADOS” when I saw the headline I said YES. fukk that ‘generational trauma’ bullshyt. I’ve spoken on this a few times. I genuinely think ‘ADOS’ fellas are being poisoned by women:

But THAT is the convo on its own: Stop leaning up against ‘trauma’ like women. There was NO reason for him to connect it to talking to white people better :why::snoop:

Its better to say "trauma" then calling people out for a lack of emotional intelligence. You saw what happened to that psychiatrist. Saying what you said,wouldve been an even bigger disaster for him:mjlol:

I am ADOS or a native descendant of slaves#WeWereAlreadyHere

But we are not traumatized in this country,and black comfortabiity levels are at all time highs of 93%. However we have been programmed and taught what our reaction should be when white people say things,use certain tones. Taught that certain words and phrases should trigger us into jail cells. Black people in this country are basically like Bucky in The Winter Soldier movie.

The European is Zemo,and uses our emotions as a weapon. To keep us distracted,divided and fighting his political battles. Best recourse for this is to remain indifferent and righteously unnaffected until you can see your way out:respect:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Triple plat thread incoming :dead:

As a non-“ADOS” when I saw the headline I said YES. fukk that ‘generational trauma’ bullshyt. I’ve spoken on this a few times. I genuinely think ‘ADOS’ fellas are being poisoned by women:

But THAT is the convo on its own: Stop leaning up against ‘trauma’ like women. There was NO reason for him to connect it to talking to white people better :why::snoop:
This is why it's fukk u c00ns off top :wow:

Y'all literally just brown crackas.......

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

from his website:

Cant speak on his podcast cause I havent seen it. I will go check out some episodes though. But from the clips posted in this thread I didnt get that overall sentiment at all that he felt he was better than anyone. He was just framing his response. And he very well could be c00ning in his podcast but from the clip with Van I dont see it.

And who has Van lathan ever challenged outside of Kanye and Acho? Does he even go at cacs? Have anybody on the level of Roger Godell or any prominent cac business leader even ever sat down to talk with Van Lathan? Its easy to talk and tell folks what to do when your on the sidelines and outside looking in. Van was always boot lickin and real quiet when he was around Harvey Levin on TMZ even when they would trash black folks.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I’m an aware of this man previous antics and his need to be the “safe black man” for white people to digest. Yes I view him as such
that's all good ... you had more of an issue with the fact that he said it not what he said.

the interviewer and thread made a "controversy" of his statement yet that statement is in line with what ADOS posters have been saying for years...

If Africans say they don't have the capacity for understanding due to lack of same experience we are problematic, if we say we do then we are absurd because we can't possibly know. It's literally no right answers. what there is is a lot of tension and it is volatile online and exploited. enter this thread and OP a self identifying ADOS poster. I find it hard to believe he is offended by that statement when it has been a strongly held belief amongst posters of his group. I think people like to feign ignorance to exploit the situation for outrage when convenient. which is just more of that diaspora war shyt.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Cant speak on his podcast cause I havent seen it. I will go check out some episodes though. But from the clips posted in this thread I didnt get that overall sentiment at all that he felt he was better than anyone. He was just framing his response. And he very well could be c00ning in his podcast but from the clip with Van I dont see it.

And who has Van lathan ever challenged outside of Kanye and Acho? Does he even go at cacs? Have anybody on the level of Roger Godell or any prominent cac business leader even ever sat down to talk with Van Lathan? Its easy to talk and tell folks what to do when your on the sidelines and outside looking in. Van was always boot lickin and reak quiet when he was around Harvey Levin on TMZ even when they would trach black folks.
take Van Lathan out of it...Emmanuel Acho still said some c00n shyt. And I posted what was on his website:
Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man, is a safe place to have the uncomfortable conversations about race that many white people have never been able to have.

that's crystal clear as to what he means by no "sting". He wants white people to see him as a "safe space" to talk about their racism.