Sports Analyst, Emmanuel Acho, says being non-FBA means he doesn't have "generational trauma" and he can speak with no "sting" to white people.

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
yes we all are... another reason why the buffoon wars are obtuse. now consider your highly emotional response to my statement. what exactly are you mad about?

this post and Emmanuel say the same thing (not a sentiment I cosing mind you)

YET posters like @Paradoxx are mad at Emmanuel for stating it because he is Nigerian. then dap a coli dude when he posts the exact same sentiment :dahell:

sometimes I really think the coli's real achiles heel is English language comprehension... cuz like this shyt can't be real

the "understanding" is the experience and the trauma...
It’s almost like you can have multiple opinions and thoughts? Oh my gosh!

Also I’m sick and tired of Nigerians speaking over other black groups, mind you they’re not the only ones to do it but weirdly do it the most. Just the other week a dumbass who happens to be Haitian, was speaking on how reparations weren’t need for the black population, even though he wasn’t from America.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not familiar with this man and haven't watched football since kneeling was a thing...

I'm not even playing devil's advocates but this forum literally says the same thing to Africans in the buffoon war threads. "we can't understand racism as well and don't know white people as well plus get along easier" because we don't have the same experience as Americans. he said the same thing

He didn't say anything about being better...

:mjlol:

Coli logic strikes again... on twitter

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Van Lathan hasn't experienced Jim Crow laws either. Anyone under 50 hasn't experienced Jim Crow laws. But that doesn't mean you haven't experienced their lingering effects. Whether you're an African in Africa or an African in America. What we call Jim Crow in America, they called colonialism in Africa.

It's still illegal to be Black in the US. So Jim Crow laws or not anti-Blackness is still the governing philosophy of the US. And it is to such a degree that even many Black people accept it. :mjpls:

That's why they desperately wanted to hand their children over to cacs at their schools so their children could be terrorized and brainwashed.

Meanwhile you couldn't pay jewish people enough to hand their children over to nazi run schools.

And as for this c00n, Nigeria only exists because British cacs created it, forced them to worship a white god, speak english, and then siphoned their wealth from them via colonialism.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It’s almost like you can have multiple opinions and thoughts? Oh my gosh!

Also I’m sick and tired of Nigerians speaking over other black groups, mind you they’re not the only ones to do it but weirdly do it the most. Just the other week a dumbass who happens to be Haitian, was speaking on how reparations weren’t need for the black population, even though he wasn’t from America.
it's odd to call him a white supremacist for that statement then dap a poster a few posts down for restating it. doesn't make any logical sense.

it's either accurate or offensive...

which is my issue with this thread. this is a sentiment that is highly cosigned here but it's offensive now because a c00n cosigns it. the issue is him not what he said it's that HE said it.

what I can agree on is that he no qualification to be sitting down representing the race on racism. For the slow people I don't actually think that Africans don't have the capacity to understand or trauma of their own, i'm not cosigning what he said. this shouldn't have to be state but you know... the coli... reading. kryptonite.

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
He is very wrong.

Why do you think Nigerias official language is English?

Because Britain conquered/colonized Nigeria. Just bc his lineage isn't directly tied to American slavery, doesn't mean the white man hasn't affected his lineage.
Right. And also he’s speaking as a privileged Nigerian. Go ask a Nigerian who grows up in the inner city how they feel. This dude is a cornball.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think what Acho is trying to convey is that because of his Nigerian linage, he didn’t experience the recent “trauma” with white people. Such as Jim Crow laws etc. So it’s easy for him to communicate with white people because he doesn’t have an emotional connection to Black struggles.

I think Van is right to call Acho out, because Acho acts like a representative of Black People, but he isn’t emotionally connected to Black people so he’s approach to white people is not a true representation of black people

Nothing Acho said was offensive. In fact he pretty much cosigned ADOS. And Acho speaks as a black man and has made the distinction that he is not ADOS. Being "black" is not limited to America nor is the "black american experience" limited to just ADOS blacks, so he can speak his truth in that regard. The white supremacist social construct largely determines how you are treated in America and thats based on skin color, physical features, and perception first. On a micro level thats where lineage can come into play in areas like jobs ( ie sometimes an African name on a resume could be seen as as preferential to a stereotypical black sound name like "Shaniqua" or something... However both will be seen as less desirable than other races and white folks.)

There are points made on both sides. Problem with Vans argument is that he dont really want to go to war with cacs at the end of the day. Most black folk dont. So the only other option is to work with them. which we do daily at our jobs and in life. Acho is basically saying its easier for him to be pragmatic and "bury the hatchet" to find middle ground and have a discussion with white folks than someone like Van who gave an emotional response but no real solution. It's like when keeping it real goes wrong.

Just like with the Kyrie situation. Folks wanted him to keep it real but if he did that meant loosing everything. Kyrie want to play ball and keep cashing those jewish checks. Only a fool didnt see that situation ending without him taking a giant L. So why say what he said and approach the situation like that in the first place? He knew he didnt want to go to war and it would end in him backtracking. He lost millions for nothing. Thats what Vans approach will get you unless you willing to loose it all.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
it's odd to call him a white supremacist for that statement then dap a poster a few posts down for restating it. doesn't make any logical sense.

it's either accurate or offensive...

which is my issue with this thread. this is a sentiment that is highly held here but it's offensive now because a c00n cosigns it. the issue is him not what he said it's that HE said it.
Bruh is using being mad at what thecoli dudes say to defend the athlete

Just because they were right, does not make what he said and does good or moral

By that logic, a woman says a man looks raped

And then he rapes

"See, it's fine, devil's advocates I'm just saying..."

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Africans don't understand what it means to be black. It's something they have to learn through experience just like east Asians have to learn what it means to be Asian American. When you come from a context where you are the norm and all the people in charge look like you, it is a culture shock to come to America and have to accept that you don't call the shots. They think they can distinguish themselves from American born black people and truthfully some Caucasians WILL use them as a cudgel to denigrate black people. An African with an anticolonial mindset sees this psy op for what it is and moves accordingly. But a lot of them are still not plugged in. If they were, they would not be allowed to come here.
That's cap fam :mjlol:

Apartheid in South Africa, King Leopold's genocide in Congo and German genocide in Namibia indicate black folks wasn't letting that colonial shyt slide. We even account in the Caribbean when Toussaint Louverture was giving those cacs work in the island of Hispaniola.

You're correct that there's a lot of black people with a colonial mentality. Fela Kuti talked about this back in the 70s along with countless leaders before assassination. However, that's due to lack of education. Take away education from a person they're easy to control.