Sports Analyst, Emmanuel Acho, says being non-FBA means he doesn't have "generational trauma" and he can speak with no "sting" to white people.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
i can pull receipts from nearly any diaspora war thread with posters echoing his exact sentiment. all this emotional shyt you doing is besides the point.
That doesn't have ANYTHING to do what he said

He is responsible for his own actions

"Thecoli said Africans are c00ns so it's OK that he's a c00n.":troll:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Van is right. Acho's sit-downs with Cacs called 'Uncomfortable Conversations' as an attempt to be peacekeeper with cacs never sat well with me

If you cant identify with the trauma/baggage of ADOS experience, you shouldn't be the voice to speak for them. Especially when you feel your voice will be received better by cacs because of it.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That doesn't have ANYTHING to do what he said

He is responsible for his own actions
yes we all are... another reason why the buffoon wars are obtuse. now consider your highly emotional response to my statement. what exactly are you mad about?
Africans don't understand what it means to be black. It's something they have to learn through experience just like east Asians have to learn what it means to be Asian American. When you come from a context where you are the norm and all the people in charge look like you, it is a culture shock to come to America and have to accept that you don't call the shots. They think they can distinguish themselves from American born black people and truthfully some Caucasians WILL use them as a cudgel to denigrate black people. An African with an anticolonial mindset sees this psy op for what it is and moves accordingly. But a lot of them are still not plugged in. If they were, they would not be allowed to come here.
this post and Emmanuel say the same thing (not a sentiment I cosing mind you)

YET posters like @Paradoxx are mad at Emmanuel for stating it because he is Nigerian. then dap a coli dude when he posts the exact same sentiment :dahell:

sometimes I really think the coli's real achiles heel is English language comprehension... cuz like this shyt can't be real

the "understanding" is the experience and the trauma...

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
yes we all are... another reason why the buffoon wars are obtuse. now consider your highly emotional response to my statement. what exactly are you mad about?

this post and Emmanuel say the same thing (not a sentiment I cosing mind you)

YET posters like @Paradoxx are mad at Emmanuel for stating it because he is Nigerian. then dap a coli dude when he posts the exact same sentiment :dahell:

sometimes I really think the coli's real achiles heel is English language comprehension... cuz like this shyt can't be real

:dead:
I'm not emotional at all

Your clearly defending him

I don't go off what dudes on thecoli say because I don't subscribe to what everyone says on here like scripture

Maybe you need to get off the internet

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Acho is insufferable.
What an embarrassing comment.

Isnt this one of thecolis favorite talking points though:gucci:?

Seems like people looking for reasons to be upset on twitter#BusinessAsUsual

But he definitely lost for letting a guy who worked for TMZ which made its living mocking black people,and a bedwench chastize him. I dont care how problack they may have recently become:mjlol:

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Fixed

He’s an embarrassment and physically makes me ill every time I see him on any form of media
Damn I didn't know it was that often with him lol.

I started to avoid him after seeing him on a show and he was feeling himself too much, it was getting cringy. Dude thinks everything he says is profound like he really spitting :pachaha:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I think what Acho is trying to convey is that because of his Nigerian linage, he didn’t experience the recent “trauma” with white people. Such as Jim Crow laws etc. So it’s easy for him to communicate with white people because he doesn’t have an emotional connection to Black struggles.

I think Van is right to call Acho out, because Acho acts like a representative of Black People, but he isn’t emotionally connected to Black people so he’s approach to white people is not a true representation of black people

Van Lathan hasn't experienced Jim Crow laws either. Anyone under 50 hasn't experienced Jim Crow laws. But that doesn't mean you haven't experienced their lingering effects. Whether you're an African in Africa or an African in America. What we call Jim Crow in America, they called colonialism in Africa.