Spirituality Thread - OBEs, lucid dreams, meditation, chakras etc

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
uh...no i didn't.

and even further, this has nothing to do with people wanting to think theres some external "spiritual" process.

Its like when the obvious god-shyt died, people just turned to nebulous concepts to keep pushing that whole "transcendence" shyt.

So many of you all just can't except your biological realities :snoop:
I know your field requires one to believe in reality. But can't you see why others have a hard time feelign the same way?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I know your field requires one to believe in reality. But can't you see why others have a hard time feelign the same way?
not my problem though...

I forget that I'm borderline so far nihilistic that most people are just living in the bubble that I find it hard to have convos about this shyt without snapping on nikkas :pachaha:

Existentialism is gonna be the death of me :snoop:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
not my problem though...

I forget that I'm borderline so far nihilistic that most people are just living in the bubble that I find it hard to have convos about this shyt without snapping on nikkas :pachaha:

Existentialism is gonna be the death of me :snoop:
And this is why scientists hate metaphysics....:laff:

I take my nihilism in such a different direction than you though. It's strange to me. But that's postmodernism for ya:yeshrug:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Which is a pretty crazy thing seeing as most animals don't have biological hierarchies coming close to what we've been blessed with :blessed:
adaptations to niche's breh...

don't forget, just cause a whale doesn't have 5 FINGERS and toes, doesn't mean its DUMBER than you...:mjpls:

whale_human_hand.jpg

:banderas:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Can you at least admit that something, might, could, maybe influence perceptions from outside of the mind?

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
it was a REVIEW of a paper, not a paper on the topic itself.

read the document.

what the fukk does that have to do with anything

you presented this paper as
One explanation of the neurology behind lucid dreaming:

I'm pointing out that all that was presented in there, review or not, is a UN-TESTED UNPROVEN HYPOTHESIS

I read the paper. And it reads to me as a neuroscientist basically admitting that all that stuff we have been discussing in this thread which he refers to as phenomenology as yet to be explained by, using his word, systematic empirical study

Maybe it went over my head, maybe I'm an amateur trying to make sense of all this.

But my amateur mind right now tells me the first and only scientific "study" you have used here to support your premises DO NOT SUPPORT THEM AT ALL

Daps
Yes...and that process is within the brain.

If you're asking for a location of it, I may not be able to tell you, but as far as we know the ability of the brain (or a person) to regulate their response to future stimuli can be influenced by that person themselves.

why do you keep looking for some sort of external entity?

If you say it is within the brain that never declares that it is of the brain. It can very well be independent of the brain.

it doesn't contradict that statement.

biologically processes self-regulate all the time. There doesnt have to be some "master" thing over it all.

Nobody is arguing that they do not self regulate.

The discussion here is the ability to consciously alter its processes. Again if one can consciously alter its processes that implies an aspect superior and independent to the biological system, so how can you sit here and say:

Napoleon said:
WE ARE strictly biological beings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

???

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
And this is why scientists hate metaphysics....:laff:

I take my nihilism in such a different direction than you though. It's strange to me. But that's postmodernism for ya:yeshrug:

The.

fukking.

Worst.

Its why I hate and low-key respect charlatans like Chopra. I told my lawyer buddy that if this shyt doesn't work out, we can just start a religion and bank off that shyt.

What's your PHD in?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
what the fukk does that have to do with anything

you presented this paper as

I'm pointing out that all that was presented in there, review or not, is a UN-TESTED UNPROVEN HYPOTHESIS

I read the paper. And it reads to me as a neuroscientist basically admitting that all that stuff we have been discussing in this thread which he refers to as phenomenology as yet to be explained by, using his word, systematic empirical study

Maybe it went over my head, maybe I'm an amateur trying to make sense of all this.

But my amateur mind right now tells me the first and only scientific "study" you have used here to support your premises DO NOT SUPPORT THEM AT ALL
fukking dead

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
adaptations to niche's breh...

don't forget, just cause a whale doesn't have 5 FINGERS and toes, doesn't mean its DUMBER than you...:mjpls:

whale_human_hand.jpg

:banderas:

Has nothing to do with niche or brain power. Intelligence isn't singular. It's fact that humans can consciously alter physiology and biological processes via higher processes in the brain, a whale cannot.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If you say it is within the brain that never declares that it is of the brain.
it is.
It can very well be independent of the brain.
You say this, but do you understand what this means? Or do you not understand how the brain works.

Read up on this reflex arc:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex_arc

Nobody is arguing that they do not self regulate.
you just contested this point...:snoop:
The discussion here is the ability to consciously alter its processes. Again if one can consciously alter its processes that implies an aspect superior and independent to the biological system, so how can you sit here and say:

???

if animals can change their mind, why must you think they can't do so within their minds?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The.

fukking.

Worst.

Its why I hate and low-key respect charlatans like Chopra. I told my lawyer buddy that if this shyt doesn't work out, we can just start a religion and bank off that shyt.

What's your PHD in?
:dead:

Org science (I'm gonna be secretive too...hahahah).

I got a BA and MA in psych though. Moved to org psych cuz I'm real fascinated by how people organize things in life. Organization is the basis for a lot of our shyt. I study org surveillance and terrorist cells. I work researching medical devices right now though to pay the bills.

I fukking hate teaching though :to:

I just wanna be a researcher

jjj123

Thinking of a Master Plan...
Daps
have any of you done dmt? if you arent adept in getting in the spirutal planes naturally on your own experience/skill, dmt will give u an amazing glimpse into the other realms...this physical life we live, is a joke...trust me. this physical life is childs play, the real thing is in the spiritual realm...shyt is so real/in yourface/scary for beginners it will make your cry