Spirituality Thread - OBEs, lucid dreams, meditation, chakras etc

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
The brain can influence its own emotion and humans can control their own emotions.

All you had to say :snoop:

One explanation of the neurology behind lucid dreaming:

http://www.theassc.org/files/assc/2613.pdf

by Allan Hobson, Harvard Medical School

Lucid dreaming discussion begins on page 5, "What approach should we take to phenomenology?"

"...the dorsolateral prefrontal region, is conspicuously less activated than in waking. This specific deactivation may constitute the physical substrate of the cognitive incapacity of non-lucid dreaming.... Our lucid dream experiences must be based upon important changes in our brain function. A testable hypothesis is that our dorsolateral prefrontal cortex reactivates to near waking levels while our pons, limbic systems, and our temporal and posteralateral cortex remain sufficiently hyperactive to maintain the perceptual and emotional features of dreaming. In this way, we seize cognitive and volitional control of dreaming, a state in which these functions are normally weakened."

This explains what happens but not why it happens. Most people aren't randomly experiencing lucid dreams so not sure this is a satisfactory reply.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So where does personal experience come into this?
it comes in where you want it to...as long as you understand that what you're proposing can be explained by understanding neurology at its core. You're not walking around the room breh.
How can I prove or deny the experiences I've had?

We could start by observing you as you claim to have these experiences and go from there.

No one seems to be interested in testing this

If 3 people in a room saw a ghost, prove that they DIDN'T see duppy.

Easy.

1. Ask them to independently describe and all their descriptions vary
2. them thinking its a duppy doesn't mean its one
3. the physics behind such an entity don't even make sense
4. why are they calling it a ghost? How do you know they're not applying their expectations for such an entity to something they don't truly know what it is? Like, if I told you what a dinosaur looked like before you saw one and you saw something that you thought resembled it, would you believe you saw a dinosaur?
5. are you a yardie? :leostare:

Explain why its impossible to see a light aura

observing phenomena doesn't mean that the phenomena is what you claim it is.

Explain why OBEs and lucid dreaming is not possible
brains in traumatic experiences do crazy things. it doesn't mean there are external influences in that manner.

Explain why neuroscience is NOT the vehicle for becoming aware of and accessing things of a spiritual nature
I don't know what you mean by spiritual, and I don't think you do either. Thats the problem

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
What do you mean by neural command?

(Btw...you are trying to come at this from an amateur's perspective without actually understanding HOW to ask these questions...its like people who are fans of neil degrasse tyson or carl sagan, but never took a physics class)

The brain can influence its own emotion and humans can control their own emotions.

reacting to a stimulus doesn't mean that "entity" exists outside of that person.

Patterns that result in what you call "emotions" are merely physiological responses...not "emotions" in and of themselves.

:what:Damn man can you have one post where you don't shyt on somebody who's actually trying to discuss with you? Does it make you feel good to demean people all the time? Must be a miserable fukkign existence where you have to insult everyone in every post

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
All you had to say :snoop:

This explains what happens but not why it happens. Most people aren't randomly experiencing lucid dreams so not sure this is a satisfactory reply.

nice goal-post moving. Expected from you on cue.

and in fact, most people on here claim to be randomly experiencing such a phenomenon.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
nobody can tell me that my experience wasnt real. i know what i saw and i know what i went thru
tsk tsk....napoleon has to make that judgment for you with his magic scrolls of knowledge
just general neuroscience...playing with neurons n schtuff. :heh:

How are you flipping that into a professional degree? I can understand the addiction and mental illness professional degrees, but not others

Daps
What do you mean by neural command?

(Btw...you are trying to come at this from an amateur's perspective without actually understanding HOW to ask these questions...its like people who are fans of neil degrasse tyson or carl sagan, but never took a physics class)

reacting to a stimulus doesn't mean that "entity" exists outside of that person.

Patterns that result in what you call "emotions" are merely physiological responses...not "emotions" in and of themselves.

All you do is dodge the questions and give the same response over and over.

I'm losing respect for this know you claim to possess.

Again, If humans can control their 'emotions' (as we call it:comeon:) than that implies an aspect that has control over the neural and biological processes.

Yes or no?

This is fairly simple. If I can direct X, than I have control over X, and I am not subject to X.

What is so difficult:stopitslime:

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

One explanation of the neurology behind lucid dreaming:

http://www.theassc.org/files/assc/2613.pdf

by Allan Hobson, Harvard Medical School

Lucid dreaming discussion begins on page 5, "What approach should we take to phenomenology?"

"...the dorsolateral prefrontal region, is conspicuously less activated than in waking. This specific deactivation may constitute the physical substrate of the cognitive incapacity of non-lucid dreaming.... Our lucid dream experiences must be based upon important changes in our brain function. A testable hypothesis is that our dorsolateral prefrontal cortex reactivates to near waking levels while our pons, limbic systems, and our temporal and posteralateral cortex remain sufficiently hyperactive to maintain the perceptual and emotional features of dreaming. In this way, we seize cognitive and volitional control of dreaming, a state in which these functions are normally weakened."

Impressive use of google.
Have you ever had a lucid dream yourself?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
All you do is dodge the questions and give the same response over and over.

I'm losing respect for this know you claim to possess.

Again, If humans can control their 'emotions' (as we call it:comeon:) than that implies an aspect that has control over the neural and biological processes.

Yes or no?

This is fairly simple. If I can direct X, than I have control over X, and I am not subject to X.

What is so difficult:stopitslime:

He agrees but is using "brain" as a word substitute for human.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
this nikka @Napoleon is duckin and dodgin direct questions like a MF :russ: we see u bruh :mjpls: That nikka talks in circles and gives ambiguous info and uses tons of smokescreens

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
tsk tsk....napoleon has to make that judgment for you with his magic scrolls of knowledge

How are you flipping that into a professional degree? I can understand the addiction and mental illness professional degrees, but not others

i'm not revealing too much of my personal life...i'm just gonna be in school for a LONG time :to: