Spinoff: Was OGD Urkel the worst sitcom character of ALL TIME?

Spinoff: Was OGD Urkel the worst sitcom character of ALL TIME?

• Yes

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • He's one of the worst

Votes: 41 58.6%

• Total voters

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I got so confused on watching house of Payne breh went From barely in high school to a freshman in

Then the whole rick Fox thing

And rudy turning heel
Yeah Rudy was a thief & I think stole Lance Gross' identity or something... But I guess the reason I never fully got into the show cause they changed the original format of G-Money being the son & not the nephew...damn it Tyler!

@BlackMajik this change-a-roo too for bad cast replacements

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
I don't know how y'all are able to watch more than 5 minutes of any of those Tyler Perry's show, that shyt is honestly the worst TV show that I have ever seen.

On topic, smh @ OGD. He was terrible, but of course by that time the entire show was to shyt. Started out as a wholesome black family sitcom and ended up a sci fi comedy.

Y'all remember when Urkel took over TGIF and was on EVERY show one week. nikka landed in the living room of step by step and full house.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I don't know how y'all are able to watch more than 5 minutes of any of those Tyler Perry's show, that shyt is honestly the worst TV show that I have ever seen.

On topic, smh @ OGD. He was terrible, but of course by that time the entire show was to shyt. Started out as a wholesome black family sitcom and ended up a sci fi comedy.

Y'all remember when Urkel took over TGIF and was on EVERY show one week. nikka landed in the living room of step by step and full house.

Urkel was Jimmy Walker on steroids and you know Harriet and Carl had to put up with it if they wanted to eat because the show wasn't lasting without Urkel.

ABC gave no fukks and cashed in on the Urkel success and could care less about ruining his career in the process.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
The show was actually good longer than it was wack, but the awfulness of those last 3-4 seasons cast a shadow the size of Jupiter. I stopped watching for a couple years and came back for the last episode out of courtesy. Then I see a caramelized Harriet, Laura engaged to Urkel, and this nikka literally floating in outer space with a vacuum that he uses to get back to the space shuttle :mindblown: :dead:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
That show got so bad so fast. But the GOAT goons on Family Matters was The Dragons for sure. They trashed Rachel's Place and gave Eddie the realest beatdown in sitcom history. hen Snitchin Steve had to wear a wire to take them down...

213035.jpg

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
off the top Olivia, Pam, 3J, that dude TK on the Parent hood...the light skinned dude on Living Single with the big lips (:noah: thats all i liked about him), Bobbe J when he joined House of Payes making it worst than it already was ( :whoa: my mom watched it) Ray J (both Moesha & ONe on One)

these are the ones i first thought of, i have more
I liked Olivia and Pam :manny: Ray J was cool on both those shows even though he might have been trying to hard on Moesha...I thought he was pretty funny on OOO because he wasn't trying to hard to be a thug.
@BlackMajik you alsohave Sam from Different Strokes, Raj's wife when they brought back Whats Happening
Yeah both of those characters were terrible :scusthov:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I liked Olivia and Pam :manny: Ray J was cool on both those shows even though he might have been trying to hard on Moesha...I thought he was pretty funny on OOO because he wasn't trying to hard to be a thug.

Yeah both of those characters were terrible :scusthov:
Yeah I guess when Ray-j did One on One he didn't have to reach cause he was really protraying a cleaned up version of himself.

I need to add the other housekeepers after Mrs. Garrett to the list. I didn't like that old heifer Adale(?) & I fukking hated Pearl. It's crazy cause she's the lady who is the voice of Mrs. Puff on Spongebob....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's like these shows don't know when to fold em. Unless you got fukkin Larry David writing there's no need for this seasons 7, 8 and 9 bullshyt.

Breh that's a great observation. Grant it a lot of sitcoms have a drop in quality as time goes on but it seems like sitcoms focusing on us (black people) hit a MEAN slope toward mediocrity once they get past season 4. almost like everyone on the show stopped caring

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Breh that's a great observation. Grant it a lot of sitcoms have a drop in quality as time goes on but it seems like sitcoms focusing on us (black people) hit a MEAN slope toward mediocrity once they get past season 4. almost like everyone on the show stopped caring

They stop caring because the $ is rolling in, syndication is right around the corner and they're comfortable in thinking that other jobs will be lined up. Then you have the jaded mindset of believing the show will last forever.

How many of these shows see the creative team get shaken up when the studio wants to make tweaks or dumb shyt like a time slot change happens.

Look at the three shows that were killing it on the Thursday night Fox lineup in the 90s: Martin, Living Single, NY Undercover. All three changed fir the worse and fell off. Martin blew up, got movie roles, etc but then the shyt with Gina/Tisha "happened" and the show never recovered. Living Single fell off when everyone started getting in serious relationships rather it being 5 single people in NY on some Seinfekd shyt. On Seinfeld no one got married and they all stayed single to the end (that Curb Your Enthusiasm shyt don't count). On NY Undercover they added McNamarra, killed Eddie, flipped the show to some NYPD Blue shyt and randomly Tommy from Martin is the boss like no one would remember him acting a fool on Martin?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They stop caring because the $ is rolling in, syndication is right around the corner and they're comfortable in thinking that other jobs will be lined up. Then you have the jaded mindset of believing the show will last forever.

How many of these shows see the creative team get shaken up when the studio wants to make tweaks or dumb shyt like a time slot change happens.

Look at the three shows that were killing it on the Thursday night Fox lineup in the 90s: Martin, Living Single, NY Undercover. All three changed fir the worse and fell off. Martin blew up, got movie roles, etc but then the shyt with Gina/Tisha "happened" and the show never recovered. Living Single fell off when everyone started getting in serious relationships rather it being 5 single people in NY on some Seinfekd shyt. On Seinfeld no one got married and they all stayed single to the end (that Curb Your Enthusiasm shyt don't count). On NY Undercover they added McNamarra, killed Eddie, flipped the show to some NYPD Blue shyt and randomly Tommy from Martin is the boss like no one would remember him acting a fool on Martin?

The NY Undercover thing happened because of money disputes behind the scenes so that feeds into your first theory.

I don't think changing the dynamic of a show has to hurt it though because there are examples of shows growing with their characters and continuing to be good (maybe not as good) but still put out quality material. Living Single was on for 5 seasons though which is a good time and also a good place to stop and it took all of the characters to a logical stopping point so I had no issue with it. I'm thinking of stuff like Family Matters and Martin where they start going outlandish with characters. Family Matters got bad because it kept going more and more insane. Fresh Prince's latter seasons suffer to me because they actually stopped Will's growth. Once they called off the marriage between he and Lisa then had their parents get married instead, the show jumped the shark for me

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles

They seriously had dude jetpack through the Winslow's roof at the end of "Family Matters" (Illinois) and LAND on the set of "Step By Step" (Wisconsin). :heh:

I miss TGIF, breh. :deadrose:

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
I'm trying to think of sum other awful sitcom characters. Oh yea that lil punk kid from My wife and kids Franklin. I was never really a fan of the show but when i did watch it I wanted that kid to get hit by a bus
I keep saying Damon Wayans and George Gore carried the shyt outta this show. Nobody else even tried to be funny. Can't have a Dom Com with just two good characters :snoop:

Denise Huxtable should be here somewhere. She had ZERO personality and every episode I remember about her was just her fukking everything up. The one where she promised to make Theo a new shirt and it turned out :scusthov:, and she had the nerve to get mad at him when he called her out. The one where she forgot to either make or take a call for Martin that would have had them set for life, and again she had the nerve to get mad at him. The one where she suddenly wants to be a pre-school teacher with no previous training and wonders why she's no good at it. She was overly politcally correct, too. Olivia would casually point out that somebody was white or black and Denise would go "Now, honey, I want you to say Caucasian and African American :skip:"

Even Theo the supposedly dumb kid got his shyt together before she ever even tried to :aicmon:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I keep saying Damon Wayans and George Gore carried the shyt outta this show. Nobody else even tried to be funny. Can't have a Dom Com with just two good characters :snoop:

Denise Huxtable should be here somewhere. She had ZERO personality and every episode I remember about her was just her fukking everything up. The one where she promised to make Theo a new shirt and it turned out :scusthov:, and she had the nerve to get mad at him when he called her out. The one where she forgot to either make or take a call for Martin that would have had them set for life, and again she had the nerve to get mad at him. The one where she suddenly wants to be a pre-school teacher with no previous training and wonders why she's no good at it. She was overly politcally correct, too. Olivia would casually point out that somebody was white or black and Denise would go "Now, honey, I want you to say Caucasian and African American :skip:"

Even Theo the supposedly dumb kid got his shyt together before she ever even tried to :aicmon:
Denise was cool before she went to college. She was the big sister I would have wanted, didn't snitch on Theo, had hot homegirls...

She came back from Hillman and Africa a hippie cornball and a loser