Spin: Random sports things that have been forgotten

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Mid-90s NBA Starting Linups were fukking crack

Houston shytting on Orlando during the 1995 Finals player introductions:deadmanny:

Bonus :mjcry:

Could watch these all day. The energy and the vibe was just so different.

Had to give MSG some love, mostly for the fact they're chanting "Defense" even before the game and "Reggie sucks" during Indy's presentation :dead:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Could watch these all day. The energy and the vibe was just so different.

Had to give MSG some love, mostly for the fact they're chanting "Defense" even before the game and "Reggie sucks" during Indy's presentation :dead:

The Knicks goon squad getting hyped though took me out :mjlol:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
tracy-mcgrady-grant-hill.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Thomas definitely got a big bag from Oregon. I was at SC at the time and had class with one of the student equipment managers for the football team. He also would take recruits out when they were on visits and shyt, on the schools unofficial dime of course. Have them at Frat parties, bars that would look the other way. All that shyt. When Thomas signed with Oregon everyone was caught off guard because he was just hanging out with him like two weeks before taking a few recruits to the strip club. Since he was local he was always around until it was time to officially sign :deadmanny:
Oh i have no doubt, they paid that nikka, that was a lay-up for usc, i always thought he’d be a beast in the league, especially with Andy being his coach guess he couldn’t find his way, i know injuries didn’t help, and i guess it was no true defining role, he’s not a rb and didn’t really run routes

Please. The guy who recruited DAT to USC was let go in the Reggie Bush scandal and he didn't have connections to anyone else on USC's staff. Oregon's offense had exploded that year leading the nation in scoring under Chip Kelly, they came a field goal away from going undefeated and winning the National Championship over Auburn. LaMichael James (similar size to DAT) was 3rd in Heisman Voting and won the Doak Walker award.

Meanwhile USC was a middling team with a middling offense, had just fallen under sanctions, had just lost their running back coach, and played a pro-style offense that didn't suit a tiny back like DAT anywhere close to as well as Oregon's spread did.

Plus DAT himself said that he was sick of all the attention and hangers-on he was getting from the SoCal crowd and needed a change of scene so he could focus on himself and not all the people trying to get something from him.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Please. The guy who recruited DAT to USC was let go in the Reggie Bush scandal and he didn't have connections to anyone else on USC's staff. Oregon's offense had exploded that year leading the nation in scoring under Chip Kelly, they came a field goal away from going undefeated and winning the National Championship over Auburn. LaMichael James (similar size to DAT) was 3rd in Heisman Voting and won the Doak Walker award.

Meanwhile USC was a middling team with a middling offense, had just fallen under sanctions, had just lost their running back coach, and played a pro-style offense that didn't suit a tiny back like DAT anywhere close to as well as Oregon's spread did.

Plus DAT himself said that he was sick of all the attention and hangers-on he was getting from the SoCal crowd and needed a change of scene so he could focus on himself and not all the people trying to get something from him.

Okay but that doesn't change that he was still hanging around the SC department and their other recruits all the way up to signing day essentially. If he wanted to that just for fun I guess that's cool :manny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Okay but that doesn't change that he was still hanging around the SC department and their other recruits all the way up to signing day essentially. If he wanted to that just for fun I guess that's cool :manny:
It wasn't fake, he really did expect to go to USC and switched late in the game. He just had clear reasons for the switch and they built over time. Look at the timeline.

May 10: DAT commits to USC

June 10: The NCAA levels some of the harshest sanctions ever on USC

July 1: Todd McNair, the running backs coach that recruited DAT, is let go from the program

September-December: Oregon races to a 12-0 record with the top offense in the nation while USC goes 7-5. DAT is up around USC all the time but the hangers-on and constant attention from people he knows is starting to get old and he begins thinking about getting away from the whole scene and starts looking into Oregon.

December 8: LaMichael James wins the Doak Walker trophy

December 11: LaMichael James finishes #3 in Heisman voting

January 10: Oregon loses the NCG to Auburn by a fg as time expires

January 25: DAT makes his Oregon visit

February 2: DAT announces he's signing with Oregon

Imagine all that shyt happening while USC doesn't have any coaches on hand who recruited DAT or are close to him (remember that Pete Carroll left right before sanctions were announced too). DAT wasn't the only recruit they lost because of that, the #1 lineman in the nation had pulled out of his commitment after sanctions too. It was basically a perfect storm for Oregon to steal the recruit.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
A Vietnamese breh, Dat Nguyen, won best defensive player in college football

Divisions before the realignment: Colts in the AFC East, Seahawks in the AFC West, Cards in the NFC East, Saints in the NFC West, no North and South divisions (Central)