Spin: Random sports things that have been forgotten

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Please. The guy who recruited DAT to USC was let go in the Reggie Bush scandal and he didn't have connections to anyone else on USC's staff. Oregon's offense had exploded that year leading the nation in scoring under Chip Kelly, they came a field goal away from going undefeated and winning the National Championship over Auburn. LaMichael James (similar size to DAT) was 3rd in Heisman Voting and won the Doak Walker award.

Meanwhile USC was a middling team with a middling offense, had just fallen under sanctions, had just lost their running back coach, and played a pro-style offense that didn't suit a tiny back like DAT anywhere close to as well as Oregon's spread did.

Plus DAT himself said that he was sick of all the attention and hangers-on he was getting from the SoCal crowd and needed a change of scene so he could focus on himself and not all the people trying to get something from him.

it can be that and he still got a check, I’m not doubting he was tired of some of the stuff going on around the crib, but didn’t mean the check that got cut didn’t help him lean even more

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
People like Jon Koncak and Jiri Welsch slip the minds of hundreds or a couple thousand people every day.

Ask yourself, in 4.3 years, will you even remember Jiri Welsch :ohhh:.

Will people like Rachel Nichols and Handle Hill remember Jiri Welsch?

In 5 years on NBA on TNT when they have a "who he used to play for" segment and Jiri is an assistant coach for Kenny Smith on the Queensbridge Nets, will Jiri even be mentioned during who he used to play for?

Questions

No answers

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
it can be that and he still got a check, I’m not doubting he was tired of some of the stuff going on around the crib, but didn’t mean the check that got cut didn’t help him lean even more
But you can say that about literally any recruit. At that point you're just randomly claiming Oregon did it with no evidence or reason behind it.

In fact, can you imagine how dumb Oregon would have to be to throw a check at a USC commit just 6 months after USC got hit with the worst sanctions in Pac-12 history? You're just begging for him to expose you as a way of USC getting back at a rival at a moment when they were hurting. Oregon was on top of the Pac-12 at the moment, they had come one field goal away from an undefeated NC and were returning their QB and their RB who was #3 in Heisman voting and had already put together one of the best recruiting classes in program history....and you think they're gonna risk throwing that away for a RB who was committed to the rival most likely to try to fukk them over?

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
But you can say that about literally any recruit. At that point you're just randomly claiming Oregon did it with no evidence or reason behind it.

In fact, can you imagine how dumb Oregon would have to be to throw a check at a USC commit just 6 months after USC got hit with the worst sanctions in Pac-12 history? You're just begging for him to expose you as a way of USC getting back at a rival at a moment when they were hurting. Oregon was on top of the Pac-12 at the moment, they had come one field goal away from an undefeated NC and were returning their QB and their RB who was #3 in Heisman voting and had already put together one of the best recruiting classes in program history....and you think they're gonna risk throwing that away for a RB who was committed to the rival most likely to try to fukk them over?

tenor.gif

Bruh, because they were paying money le’micheal got into trouble,

Sources: NCAA probes Oregon, recruit service

so I’m saying perhaps he didn’t get a check, perhaps he did, but there was plenty of talk plus that article ^^^ chip paying for players, if I’m a betting man, I’m gon say the check pushed him towards Oregon, he could have went to usc, UCLA or some where else. Chip/Oregon knew they had to do something to get that talent up there, and here we are

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
tenor.gif

Bruh, because they were paying money le’micheal got into trouble,

Sources: NCAA probes Oregon, recruit service

so I’m saying perhaps he didn’t get a check, perhaps he did, but there was plenty of talk plus that article ^^^ chip paying for players, if I’m a betting man, I’m gon say the check pushed him towards Oregon, he could have went to usc, UCLA or some where else. Chip/Oregon knew they had to do something to get that talent up there, and here we are

Literally nothing in that article is about paying players, you're just making up shyt again. :mjlol:

And considering they were under investigation for their ties to a shady recruiter at the time, doesn't that make it even less likely that they were going to be pulling far more blatant shyt? That would be like the cops getting a search warrant for your home to check for drugs and you decide that moment to start stockpiling stolen guns in your garage.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Literally nothing in that article is about paying players, you're just making up shyt again. :mjlol:

And considering they were under investigation for their ties to a shady recruiter at the time, doesn't that make it even less likely that they were going to be pulling far more blatant shyt? That would be like the cops getting a search warrant for your home to check for drugs and you decide that moment to start stockpiling stolen guns in your garage.

Ok bruh you got it, I’m an Oregon fan on top of a Michigan fan, i know recruiting fukkery follows chip, including recently getting into trouble, it was also an issue with James and how he got to Oregon with a few others.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Thomas definitely got a big bag from Oregon. I was at SC at the time and had class with one of the student equipment managers for the football team. He also would take recruits out when they were on visits and shyt, on the schools unofficial dime of course. Have them at Frat parties, bars that would look the other way. All that shyt. When Thomas signed with Oregon everyone was caught off guard because he was just hanging out with him like two weeks before taking a few recruits to the strip club. Since he was local he was always around until it was time to officially sign :deadmanny:

This happens at every school. Had a boy play big time college football. Would come back to school on Mondays after official visits with pictures on his phone with bytches in the hotel room and all that.

broller

Veteran
Daps
nick saban ran the defense

rad_g_sabancle_576.0.jpg

stick’em was a part of the league

The buccaneers was a part of the NFC north

Seattle was a part of the AFC

Beast mode in Buffalo

Bucs were in the NFC Central. But I hear you, it's pretty much now the NFC North.