Spike Lee Co signs Fat Joe "Black People and Puerto Ricans created one of the great art forms ever! Together! In the bronx! Undisputed!"

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
2022 digiface white fuks like @Mr. Jack Napier would have called Dr. Claude Anderson an FBI Agent for promoting FBA :coffee:

This stupid bytch keeps tagging me, spreading lies that Im white, when I've already proven I'm black & a few posters on here can verify that

Why this c*nt isn't bushed or banned yet is beyond me. When others have been bushed or banned for far less.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This stupid bytch keeps tagging me, spreading lies that Im white, when I've already proven I'm black & a few posters on here can verify that

Why this c*nt isn't bushed or banned yet is beyond me. When others have been bushed or banned for far less.
Are you saying that you want me banned for referring to you as a cac? Because if that’s your threshold, you sat here for 4 years lying and referring to me as a “male” which I am not. That’s called fukkin harassment that you had no problem participating in against my name as long as it was the bandwagon babbling against a poster with a differing perspective.

But you don’t see me whining to mods or crying day after day, running to report despite the slander shown against me, every time I logged on. The shyt hits different until your name is in the spotlight. Therefore, you apply the same standards and ban yourself or shut the fuk up. I wlll continue to tag you and call you a white boy, cac. This isn’t 2012; I don’t have to sit idle and take your shyt. Be a man, stop subbing for backup, instead of running with ho tendencies with no case to plead, act like you have self control by putting me on ignore, you gender lacking bytch.

In here, talking about “why do we have these threads and Tariq this Tariq that” when no one is forcing your stupid ass to post here yet you’re right here posting up composing and complaining every time. Following topics that you hate just to speak on how much you hate. Ban yourself.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@Uptown WaYo87 you're not gonna like this truth from REAL Rican Hiphop/bboy pioneers. I can't wait to see how you'll wiggle out of this ether:lolbron:

Batch and Trace 2 (they are cousins and Abby is the brother of Batch) are the first Rican bboys and are the ones that formed the first Rican bboy crew/organization, which later gave way to Crazy Legs and the Rock Steady Crew. This is what they said about the origns of bboying and when they got involved in the HipHop culture:

I posted this tidbit before where Batch acknowledged being introduced to bboying by a black kid named "Tee Tee Rock"

ZbK4h4d.jpg

here is a video on it and these are his exact words on the origin:

"The first time I saw bboying, which yall now call Breakdancing, was in 1975 from Tee Tee Rock. He went to the ground (floor moves) after doing a 360 mid-air from an uprock position"

Trace 2 said:

My cousin Batch used to stay over to my house for the summer. Once he came dressed in Bboy style, with the hat, the radio and everything. He started showing me his dance moves and I’m like, what the hell is this guy doing? Next thing I know I find myself dancing. It must have been the summer of 1974-75. I started hanging out with him on Mapes and 180th in the Bronx, that’s where everything was happening. We would go to clubs, the abandoned buildings which where our clubs, and do our things. It was Batch who got me into it.
Batch had a style of his own believe me. He was a muscular kid and he came in wearing a short sleeves tshirt with tink top tshirt on top, AJs, white sneakers and a big black godfather hat. It was like a pimp hat but it was black. He came in with the boombox.
The day my cousin came to my house and I saw him dancing, Batch was new at it, he was a rookie too. Then we both started going around in his neighborhood. He was staying at Mohegan Av where there were more guys dancing. At the time there weren’t too many Bboys out there but you had your few so we started picking from them. I watched them the way they were doing it and I tried and became a bboy. From there the word started spreading and more people started dancing.
The first jam I ever went to there was a DJ named Lay Lay, from the PM Fun City Crew. They were The Peacemakers a street gang turned into a hip hop crew. I remember it like it was yesterday. Our soundtrack was basically all James Brown tracks, Sex Machine, Good Foot, and a lot of underground stuff like the record Blow Your Head, Apache which was like the Bboy’s anthem. Every Bboy could relate to that song. Bongo Rock by The Incredible Big Bongo Band, the flip side of Apache.
In the summer time we had t shirt and in wintertime sweatshirts either black with white letters or white with black letters. Our colors were black and white. Back them graffiti on jeans were popular so we would put our tags on them too.

I don’t remember really having any kind of problems during the jams. It was all very cool. Sometimes people would go a little bit out of hand but it was never something crazy. Just the heat because of the moment but after that we would pound each other. Sometimes when we would beat a crew, they would end up joining TBB, dropping their crew and joining ours, like it happened with the Brooklyn Floormasters. That’s how we became so big. Rock Steady Crew came out of TBB. The original guys, JoJo and all of them guys, were all TBBs before becoming Rock Steady.

Abby says:

SIR NORIN RAD:"Willie Will (legendary Puerto Rican B-Boy from Rockwell Association) told me about how we was introduced to that original Black B-Boy Style of dancing which you referred to as The Go Off in 1976 by a B-Boy called Chopper that was down with the Zulu Nation. What was the relationship between TBB and the Zulu Nation? Was there any kind of contact at all?"

ABY:"Again, I was younger. I was too young to even understand the difference between Black and Puerto Rican. But to my brothers...to the older guys there was a barrier....there was a line between Blacks and Latinos. I mean look at the gangs back then...the Black Spades were all black and then you had the Ghetto Brothers which were all Latinos....so there was a division at first. I remember the Zulu Kings only from late 1976/77 that's when we really got involved. That's also when Batch had his meeting with the Zulu Nation..1977. TBB and members of the Zulu Nation they used to have rumbles.....they would fight against each other. Whatever jam they went to they would rumble. If there was a jam and TBB was chilling there and all of a sudden some one threw hands Batch would summon TBB Joe's division who was known as the warlord division meaning thay handled all the rumbles or one on one fight make sure no one jumped in !! . One of the first black DJs that I ever met was Lay Lay. He was from Fun PM City Crew and they was all black but they was kool cause they were from the block.We never had problems in 129 Mapes Pool. Lay Lay would get cutting and we would start dancing !! Back then we danced more with the girls than against each other .. But when we heard "It's Just Begun" or Babe Ruth "Mexican" or "Bongo Rock"... forget about it! Floor rockers hit the flooooorrrrrrr,!!! Cypher set and battles was for respect not money .. You had to be there to truly understand and smell the air and feel the excitement when the cat you was battling burned you the last time and you been practicing all week long for the moment you let it all out on the concrete ... Damn miss em days ."

h4zoVTH.jpg

The DJ they're talking about was a black guy from the Peacemakers gang (black spades connected) from post 1975 era

More context:

B-Boy Puppet Master (The Shaka Zulus):

SIR NORIN RAD:"From what I have heard huge parts of the Bronx were divided into different gang territories in the early 1970s and you told me you joined a gang called the Peacemakers. How did that come about?"

PUPPET MASTER:"That's true. 1971 I joined the Peacemakers. I was eleven so I was a Baby Peacemaker. You had the Baby Peacemakers, The Young Peacemakers...and the Peacemakers. From 1968 to 1973 it was all gang culture, you know?"

SIR NORIN RAD:"What was it that one had to do in order to join the Peacemakers?"

PUPPET MASTER:"Sometimes you had to go through the Apache Line. Sometimes you might have to fight a 1 on 1, a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 1. It depends on who the person was. If the person looked kinda shakey then they would tell him, "Do the Apache Line!" If the brother looked like he could hold his own it wasn't no Apache Line it was just, "Come on in!" With me it wasn't no Apache Line, I fought the vice president and the warlord and they let me in."

SIR NORIN RAD:"What did it mean to be a Peacemaker? Did you have to wear specific colors?"

PUPPET MASTER:"Yeah, we all wore colors. Ours was the peace sign on the back. When the Peacemakers first started in 1971 it was a peace sign and it may have the crossed swords or crossed 44s (guns) 'cause actually a peacemaker is a 44 pistol. A peacemaker, you know? So yeah, we had colors, a top to bottom rocker and our symbol was the peace sign."

lcouMaw.jpg

SIR NORIN RAD:"How many divisions did the Peacemakers have back then?"

PUPPET MASTER:"We had altogether 36 divisions. We had Peacemakers in the Bronx. Marmion Ave & Tremont...that's where our club house was at......Lambert, Uptown....Gun Hill Road, Edenwald Projects. We als had Peacemakers in Harlem....Douglas Projects, 145th, 144th, 143rd, 142nd Street & Broadway all that was Peacemakers' turf (territory) back then."

SIR NORIN RAD:"Talking to Kusa from the Zulu Masters I heard that what actually got him into Breaking was watching the Black Spades doing their specific dance at Bronx River. Did the Peacemakers also have dancers among them? Would they dance at their club house or at parties? What did their dance look like?"

PUPPET MASTER:"Yes, there was dancing going on. We would have Peacemaker parties or sometimes even when the Black Spades gave a party we would come to their party. Or the Black Spades would come to a Peacemaker party. They were our allies. Yeah, they would be dancing and there would be the gestures, you understand, the waving of the hands. They might do a little spin, kick a leg out...it wasn't going on the floor at that time."

SIR NORIN RAD:"Did the Peacemakers also have an anthem? I was told that the anthem of the Black Spades was James Brown's "Soul Power". Whenever they would gather before a rumble they would listen to that song and chant, "Spade Power!" instead of "Soul Power!""

PUPPET MASTER:" Right, right. Ours was Funkadelics "Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On" and then we also had "Potential" (by Jimmy Castor). We would say,"Makers, maker, maker, maker, make" to the rhythm of the bass in the beginning of that song."

SIR NORIN RAD:"Do you recall a DJ by the name of Lay Lay who was down with the Fun City Crew? Many Puerto Rican B-Boys from such crews as The Bronx Boys or Rockwell Association told me that they went to his jams and that he was a Peacemaker once, too."

PUPPET MASTER:"Oh you're talking about Peacemaker Lay Lay. Peacemaker Lay Lay was the warlord of the Peacemakers. Peacemaker Lay Lay was an original. First of all I'd like to say,"May Allah be pleased with him!" because this brother passed away about three or four years ago. He was the warlord of the Peacemakers, the supreme warlord of the Peacemakers. Later on he formed Fun City. Fun City is an extension, like a subdivision of the Peacemakers. They were still Peacemakers, they just called it Fun City Crew. You understand? Like the Casanovas...most of the Casanovas were Black Spades. I know DJ Lay Lay very well, he used to play in the park over there..... 129 school yard by the pool."

Batch talking about Dj Lay Lay, the Peacemakers gangg and the Fun City Crew (black hiphop dj/bboy crew/organization)

In summary:

1. It further establishes that Ricans were nowhere to be found in HipHop's foundational years of 1970-1974

2. All the Ricans pioneers according to their OWN timelines, saw their first glimpses of HipHop in 1975 and then a few would join in around that time

3. The first bboys were black and they would end up teaching/influencing the first Rican bboys

4. Black bboys were going down to the floor when Rican bboys first saw them in 1975, so Crazy Legs is out here lying

5. Rican youth actively sought out Black Djs in parks around 1975 and later (after the gang truce), so they could hear the Black American "Funk" music that was alien to their Salsa based music they heard at home, so they could "bboy" to it

Trace 2 - "I love Salsa but you can't dance to it (bboy). We needed that Funk"

Last edited:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
@Uptown WaYo87 you're not gonna like this truth from REAL Rican Hiphop/bboy pioneers. I can't wait to see how you'll wiggle out of this ether:lolbron:

Batch and Trace 2 (they are cousins and Abby is the brother of Batch) are the first Rican bboys and are the ones that formed the first Rican bboy crew/organization, which later gave way to Crazy Legs and the Rock Steady Crew. This is what they said about the origns of bboying and when they got involved in the HipHop culture:

I posted this tidbit before where Batch acknowledged being introduced to bboying by a black kid named "Tee Tee Rock"

ZbK4h4d.jpg

here is a video on it and these are his exact words on the origin:

"The first time I saw bboying, which yall now call Breakdancing, was in 1975 from Tee Tee Rock. He went to the ground (floor moves) after doing a 360 mid-air from an uprock position"

Trace 2 said:

Abby says:

The DJ they're talking about was a black guy from the Peacemakers gang (black spades connected) from post 1975 era

More context:

B-Boy Puppet Master (The Shaka Zulus):

Batch talking about Dj Lay Lay, the Peacemakers gangg and the Fun City Crew (black hiphop dj/bboy crew/organization)

In summary:

1. It further establishes that Ricans were nowhere to be found in HipHop's foundational years of 1970-1974

2. All the Ricans pioneers according to their OWN timelines, saw their first glimpses of HipHop in 1975 and then a few would join in around that time

3. The first bboys were black and they would end up teaching/influencing the first Rican bboys

4. Black bboys were going down to the floor when Rican bboys first saw them in 1975, so Crazy Legs is out here lying

5. Rican youth actively sought out Black Djs in parks around 1975 and later (after the gang truce), so they could hear the Black American "Funk" music that was alien to their Salsa based music they heard at home, so they could "bboy" to it

Trace 2 - "I love Salsa but you can't dance to it (bboy). We needed that Funk"

Since when does "I know for a fact when I to some parts, It was rare to see puerto ricans" mean non existent?? All this shyt you posting means nothing, these dudes cannot speak for entire bronx.

the term hip hop didn't even get invented until 1979 and like I've been saying it took hip hop years to develop into what it is today. Anyone that was involved in hip hop through Graffiti/breakdance/dj and promoting the culture in the 1970s are ALL pioneers. Latinos have been involved from the start, since day 1 :umad:

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
Since when does "I know for a fact when I to some parts, It was rare to see puerto ricans" mean non existent?? All this shyt you posting means nothing, these dudes cannot speak for entire bronx.

the term hip hop didn't even get invented until 1979 and like I've been saying it took hip hop years to develop into what it is today. Anyone that was involved in hip hop through Graffiti/breakdance/dj and promoting the culture in the 1970s are ALL pioneers. Latinos have been involved from the start, since day 1 :umad:
Some of these dudes are the very PR pioneers saying from their very own mouths that they peeped game from BA’s who were already doing it and they started after the fact. You seem to have an inability to accept truth even if it’s stomping you in the face with wheat timbs on

N711oir

All Star
Daps
:ohhh: don't anybody find it interesting, that even after destroying, and denying "black folks" physical tangible relics, history etc,,,

:ohhh: even land stolen.....

Then they break their neck to steal intellectual property

:yeshrug: if they can't destroy it, their last resort is to take credit for it:mjlol:

:ufdup: and ask your self this if you feel/ and or think/ spikes word holds any credence upon the topic/

:ufdup: you know any other director non, black, that breaks their neck to put blacks in their movies, the way

spike bends over backwards to always put Italians, and puerto ricans in his films:sas1:

spike been one of them, :ufdup: stick to the Knicks:mjlol:

:blessed: hopefully we get the chip this year....

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

:snoop: These cats are the 1st generation of Ricans involved in hiphop/to see bboying and then become one......these cats were part of the streets/youth culture and if Bboying was a thing with Ricans before 1975/their era, they would have known.

the term hip hop didn't even get invented until 1979 and like I've been saying it took hip hop years to develop into what it is today.

What we now call "HipHop" was known as the "Jam". The OG HipHop movement has been around since the 1970-1973 era.

Anyone that was involved in hip hop through Graffiti/breakdance/dj and promoting the culture in the 1970s are ALL pioneers.

We're talking originators (blacks) vs followers (ricans)

Even what we now know as modern/hiphop style graf was pioneered in mid1960s Philly by Afram teens and a black Philadelphian by the name of topcat 126, later moved to NYC and kicked off the whole modern scene

GROUND WORK 1966-71

The history of the underground art movement known by many names, most commonly termed graffiti begins in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania during the mid to late '60s and is rooted in bombing. The writers who are credited with the first conscious bombing effort are CORNBREAD and COOL EARL. They wrote their names all over the city gaining attention from the community and local press. It is unclear whether this concept made its way to New York City via deliberate efforts or if was a spontaneous occurrence.

The competitive atmosphere led to the development of actual styles, which would depart from the tag styled pieces. Broadway style was introduced by Philadelphia's TOPCAT 126. These letters would evolve in to block letters, leaning letters, and blockbusters. PHASE 2 later developed Softie letters, more commonly referred to as Bubble letters. Bubble letters and Broadway style were the earliest forms of actual pieces and therefore the foundation of many styles. Soon arrows, curls, connections and twists adorned letters. These additions became increasing complex and would become the basis for Mechanical or Wild style lettering.

About New York City Graffiti @149st

The first real typographic trend in graffiti is introduced by TOPCAT 126, a Philadelphia writer who had moved to Harlem. The introduction of his ‘Broadway Elegant’, also known as Manhattan Style, marks the first typographic wave within New York City graffiti history. Broadway Elegant featured long slender letters, which often had platforms on the bottoms of the stems. Broadway Elegant was named after the famous New York City Broadway boulevard which bends from Brooklyn through Manhattan al the way up to Yonkers.

Typograffiti - 1: The Birth of Style - Street Art Today

MN129984.jpg

ABC.jpg

dPA8RPL.png

Lee 163 was also black (the cousin of phase 2)

Le7c9Zf.jpg

iZJRdok.jpg

:pachaha:too easy:ufdup:

Latinos have been involved from the start, since day 1 :umad:

:mjgrin:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
:snoop: These cats are the 1st generation of Ricans involved in hiphop/to see bboying and then become one......these cats were part of the streets/youth culture and if Bboying was a thing with Ricans before 1975/their era, they would have known.

What we now call "HipHop" was known as the "Jam". The OG HipHop movement has been around since the 1970-1973 era.

We're talking originators (blacks) vs followers (ricans)

Even what we now know as modern/hiphop style graf was pioneered in mid1960s Philly by Afram teens and a black Philadelphian by the name of topcat 126, later moved to NYC and kicked off the whole modern scene

About New York City Graffiti @149st

Typograffiti - 1: The Birth of Style - Street Art Today

MN129984.jpg

ABC.jpg

dPA8RPL.png

Lee 163 was also black (the cousin of phase 2)

Le7c9Zf.jpg

iZJRdok.jpg

:pachaha:too easy:ufdup:

:mjgrin:

Charley Chase doesn't know every single latino in the bronx, he's talking his experience from the latinos in his neighborhood.

Hip hop took at least a decade before it established itself for what it is and for all the elements to come together. The final stamp was the term HIP HOP and that didn't happen until 1979. Anyone involved from before that is a Hip hop pioneers. Latinos included.

Ya can circle jerk each other all ya want on this site, your not going to change the opinions that og new Yorkers have. I've already had this conversation with several older heads I know in my old hood and my job, the general consensus is that this new generation on Twitter is bugging the fukk out. No one's try to hear that shyt. Latinos been here from the start and everyone born in the 70s and up from nyc largely grew up in that culture. No style biting, no culture vulturing, we were raised on it.

If ya want to keep the thread going then do that, my opinion on this isn't going to change. You guys are the one trying to write Latinos off of history, not happening

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Charley Chase doesn't know every single latino in the bronx, he's talking his experience from the latinos in his neighborhood.

Hip hop took at least a decade before it established itself for what it is and for all the elements to come together. The final stamp was the term HIP HOP and that didn't happen until 1979. Anyone involved from before that is a Hip hop pioneers. Latinos included.

Ya can circle jerk each other all ya want on this site, your not going to change the opinions that og new Yorkers have. I've already had this conversation with several older heads I know in my old hood and my job, the general consensus is that this new generation on Twitter is bugging the fukk out. No one's try to hear that shyt. Latinos been here from the start and everyone born in the 70s and up from nyc largely grew up in that culture. No style biting, no culture vulturing, we were raised on it.

If ya want to keep the thread going then do that, my opinion on this isn't going to change. You guys are the one trying to write Latinos off of history, not happening
My thing is……. Your Dominican
It wasn’t “Latinos” they were puerto ricans

How do you have a dog in this fight :russ:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
My thing is……. Your Dominican
It wasn’t “Latinos” they were puerto ricans

How do you have a dog in this fight :russ:

Mainly Puerto ricans but there was definitely dominicans as well, if you from New York then you know what the make up is when you go to uptown and the bronx. Not everyone involved in the early days of Hip Hop are on camera, New York City was ground zero for hip hop culture and every kid born here was raised on it

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Chase wasn't the only Latin pioneer to speak on the chiding he received from fellow Latinos for doing HipHop

Hip hop took at least a decade before it established itself for what it is and for all the elements to come together.
Early jams had bboys, the funk music and early mcing in the 1970-1974 era

uvQNPd7.jpg

r26F5Bi.jpg

87ym4gV.jpg

The final stamp was the term HIP HOP and that didn't happen until 1979. Anyone involved from before that is a Hip hop pioneers. Latinos included.

The term "HipHop" wasn't needed by those who were there in real time to identify the "jams".

Ya can circle jerk each other all ya want on this site, your not going to change the opinions that og new Yorkers have. I've already had this conversation with several older heads I know in my old hood and my job, the general consensus is that this new generation on Twitter is bugging the fukk out. No one's try to hear that shyt. Latinos been here from the start and

nope

everyone born in the 70s and up from nyc largely grew up in that culture.

This is true but as I told you before, HipHop culture was pioneered by people who were born in 1950-1965 era. 1970s babies don't have sh1t to do with HipHop's beginnings

No style biting, no culture vulturing, we were raised on it.

Ricans who came after the black pioneers were definitely biting lol, their parents (rican's) even jumped on them for it

4GCFA9R.jpg

No one is writing Ricans out of HipHop's histroy.....Rican history in HipHop just happens to begin in 1975 whereas the black founders begins in 1970! :mjgrin:

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Mainly Puerto ricans but there was definitely dominicans as well, if you from New York then you know what the make up is when you go to uptown and the bronx. Not everyone involved in the early days of Hip Hop are on camera, New York City was ground zero for hip hop culture and every kid born here was raised on it

:childplease: there are no notable Dominicans in early HipHop. Sh1t.... Dominicans pretty much had no impact on foundational Latino NYC music scene (1940-1970) which was pretty much Afro-Cubans + Nuyoricans. This is pretty much the only true notable Dominican in popular NYC Latin music of that era

If Domincians were barely making waves in the popular Latin music being made in NYC of that era, they definitely weren't gonna have any impact in early HipHop:mjlit: