Spike Lee Co signs Fat Joe "Black People and Puerto Ricans created one of the great art forms ever! Together! In the bronx! Undisputed!"

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
He didn't bring breakdancing to the floor. The original Bronxdale Boys(B-Boys) were already spinning on the floor. Everything Crazy Leg did was already being done.

I posted a video earlier of grandmaster Caz say the same thing about Puerto Ricans bringing breakdancing to the floor

Crazy Legs Is challenging anyone to argue that fact against him

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Here's crazy legs calling in on Stars podcast about what he created (bringing breakdancing to the floor, spinning, propping up on elbow etc)

:duck: bboys have been going down to the floor since 1970 circa Plaza Tunnel where the Black Spades partied at

5tmfEtH.png

At Herc parties it the "Niqqa Twins" and "Sasa" who were famous for doing "floor moves"

gqAeSv5.png

QSbYbcU.png

2kUobZF.png

PJOroqg.png

also, before Herc (1971/1972...from herc's general area in the West Bronx), Dj Smokey had bboys doing all the acrobatic/power moves

V9zXsde.jpg

The Zulu kings (1976 and later) were even teaching the early Rican bboys power moves/heads spins/footwork/freezes/backspins etc... before Crazy legs was even in the game

oo0xdux.png

and how black and Latinos learned from each other bboying

I have it on the Timestamp just click on it(1:17:45)

Latinos learned from black because black were the originators.

Tgh6QHx.png

You didn't have any "blacks" learning from Latins until the early 1980s era because most of the blacks had already left bboying. Frosty Freeze was Afram and the elder statesmen in Rock Steady Crew

XYMjV5z.png

This is the era of the black/rican exchange in bboying: early 1980s

bwD1GgK.png

Is that not creation? Innovation? Latinos been here since day 1. We always been part of the culture in NYC, we grew up in it. You guys are in here trying to call us culture vultures and biters, when that can easily be said about any region outside of NYC who embraced hip hop afterwards

Fuk outta here......Crazy legs himself didn't even experience bboys/hiphop of any form until 1976 by his own admission

Jake Uitti (Under the Radar): When did you first become aware of hip-hop?

Crazy Legs: Here’s the thing, you have to take into account that there was no such thing then as a reference when it comes to hip-hop. It was only, like, you break or you DJ. There were just different things that we did in the ‘hood. Whether it was girls playing Double Dutch or handball or little street games that we played. There was dancing and then you’d go to a jam and see DJs and all that stuff. But there was no such thing as a reference with any sort of umbrella like ‘hip-hop.’ So, when I first saw anything related to any of the [hip-hop] elements, I saw breaking in 1976. I saw DJ Africa Islam and my brother, Robert Colón, dancing in front of the home that I lived in at the time on Garfield Street in the Bronx. They were comparing moves and I was literally embarrassed by my brother throwing himself on the floor because I had no idea that what they were doing was a dance. They were doing these quick little moves, nothing really intricate, because there weren’t that many moves at the time. It was more about style than it was ability to do, like, visually dynamic moves. So, yeah, that was in 1976.

Crazy Legs and RSC wasn't even a thing until 1979!!!

SIR NORIN RAD:"Which role did TBB play in the process that lead to the creation of the Rock Steady Crew?"

ABY:"Jimmy Lee and Jimmy Dee..they were president and vice president of the TBB Burnside Division. It all went crazy with TBB, a lot of shyt started happening . So Batch and the whole TBB Crew met at St. James Park and he decided to say, "Look, I'm going to break up TBB!" But Jimmy Lee already was thinking about doing another crew. So already by the time Batch was holding the meeting Jimmy Lee and Jimmy Dee came already with the brown T-shirts with white letters that read, "Rock Steady Crew" and then at the bottom of the "Rock Steady Crew " in the back of the T-Shirt it read "TBB". So what I have heard from my brother and from Jimmy Dee was that he said to Batch, "I don't wanna break up but I wanna do my own thing and I'mma still use the name TBB." Cause TBB was his crew, it was TBB for life no matter what! So when he came up with the brown T-Shirt and the white letters that read "Rock Steady Crew" Batch asked him, "Why Rock Steady?" and then Jimmy Dee said, "Because TBB was always steady rocking! So that's basically how Rock Steady was born."

Jimmy Lee & Jimmy Dee (original TBB members and founders of the Rock Steady Crew)

SIR NORIN RAD:"In which year did that meeting at St. James Park take place?"

ABY:"1979. That's when Batch broke up TBB. I think it was in July 1979 when TBB broke up and you know it's funny that when TBB broke up Rock Steady was established. So this is why I don't know how these guys came up with the year 1977. That's why I came back out. Cause Trac 2 one day called me and said,"Yo, Aby! I hear these people talking about Rock Steady started in 1977!" Nah, that's crazy! It started in late 1979."

As I've been saying from the start, most of these Ricans are from 1975 and later. Black people had already pioneered the culture going back to 1970!!!

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I posted a video earlier of grandmaster Caz say the same thing about Puerto Ricans bringing breakdancing to the floor

There are videos in the 1940s of Black men doing the same spin moves as Crazy Legs. The original Bronxdale Boys(B-Boys) said they were doing ground spin moves back in 1971. They date back further than Grandmaster Caz.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Caz said they brought in more floor moves into the game but he didn't say they were the first go down. The "N1qqa Twins" were known for going down to the floor in the pre-1975 era

Beavver from the Zulu Kings (pre-Crazy legs) used to go down...he's the one that many Ricans claim influenced them to gravitate to the dance

2010 video from mr wiggles on him

2011 board post asking about Beaver

I'd really like to know what has happened to the legendary B-Boy Beaver from the Mighty Zulu Kings! In the movie "The Freshest Kids" Mr.Wiggles states :" You couldn't find any bigger name in B-Boying than Beaver, period!!! " From what I understand he was the first true King of B-Boying in the Mid 1970ies, even before Spy ( The Crazy Commanders )got in the game. Like 2 months ago I contacted a legendary bboy via MySpace and asked him a couple of questions on B-Boy History. I was so happy and surprised when he gave me his phone number and allowed me to have 3 extremely informative conversations with him.( Much blessings ) He told me about the special rank that the Mighty Zulu Kings hold in Hiphop History and also confirmed that Beaver was the first king of this dance. So now I am wondering what has happened to him. Is he still alive? Does anybody in this forum know what he is doing nowadays and wether there is a chance to contact him? Yo Ness, you know I got nothing but the deepest respect for you and your exalted crew...do you have any information on what Beaver is doing nowadays???? To me it's sad somehow that all these great B-Boys from the 70ies are being generally overlooked and each and everybody focuses only on RSC. Don't get me wrong I got mad love for RSC but I feel that people like Beaver, Robbie Rob,Vinnie, Bos, Trac 2, Batch, Abbey,Shorty, Spy, Lil Carlos etc. should definetely get more recognition from the worldwide Hiphop Community. Like KRS-One said in his book "Ruminations" it is definetely time that somebody steps up and preserves the true History of all the Hiphop Elements because otherwise there will soon be a day when the mass media and the entertainment industry tells us what our true history is and to which rules we should stick to. I'm sure that the above mentioned pioneers could still enlighten us all with their enormous wisdom and insight on the dance called B-Boying because back in their era the B-Boys actually lived this shyt to the fullest, back before it was all about artificial tournaments and acting like deaf retards with helmets on. So, pleaaaaaaaaaasee let us know what's up with Beaver!!!

WHERE IS BEAVER .. ORIGINAL BBOY FROM THE 1970'S

actual Beaver interview from 2018 where he flat out says Ricans started coming more into Bboying by the early 80's right when he retired.

Beaver.jpg

Beaver (The Little Zulu Kings)

NORIN RAD:"Oh, okay! But I have heard that you and a guy called Peanut once looked for a Puerto Rican B-Boy called Vinnie from the Sal Soul Crew at a swimming pool on Crotona Avenue back in 1975 and that you were defeated by him."

BEAVER:"That's been made up! I have never been defeated and I don't know who Vinnie is or who Peanut is and I have never danced against anybody by those names and again... most of those guys came in after...way after I stopped B-Boying in 1980. What I see in that is a lot of people want street credit. They feel if they mention my name and say they defeated me or taught me or what have you..they think that people will respect them and give them that credit that they think they deserve."

Castles In The Sky

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
He credited james brown and the funk movement. He also maintains that Latinos have been there since day 1 and goes into himself bringing breakdancing to the floor which cannot be be dismissed .

Crazy Legs came into the game around 1977-1979, he didn't know sh1t about what was going on in 1970/1971/1972. Son was only 9 years old when he first witnessed HipHop in 1976:russ:

Every kid that grew up on hip hop and tried to break dance did what? I bet everyone here tried to spin on they back on the floor and spin they legs in the air....you were mimicking crazy legs! A Puerto rican!

The problem here is you guys are trying to label us culture vultures and thiefs when we been here the entire time, living and growing up in this culture

dude, this simply isn't true:mjlol:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
There are videos in the 1940s of Black men doing the same spin moves as Crazy Legs. The original Bronxdale Boys(B-Boys) said they were doing ground spin moves back in 1971. They date back further than Grandmaster Caz.

rapping, beatboxing and bboying all in one package from the 1940s that no one will be able to deny. and clearly shows all, where the roots of HipHop's musical/dance roots begin

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@Uptown WaYo87 don't duck this post

I'm waiting to see how you'll attempt to get around the facts/dates that I layed out:russ:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
@Uptown WaYo87 don't duck this post

I'm waiting to see how you'll attempt to get around the facts/dates that I layed out:russ:

I'm telling you what crazy legs said. He said he wants people to challenge him on bringing breakdancing to the floor, he started it. Caz said the same shyt about Latinos and breakdancing.

It's funny tho how you guys are dictating when the creation of Hip Hop as a whole begins and ends. All these guys your posting dancing in the 1940s didn't even know what the term hip hop meant, not even pigmeat Markham knew he was doing hip hop. But thats how far you want to go back. But you want to conveniently end it right before you THINK Latinos come in at the mid 70s

Hip hop took decades to evolve into what it is, that shyt didn't happen in one year or when you decided it happened. Hip hop came from the same ghettos blacks and Latinos were apart of, you will never change that history.

Majority of Latinos born in nyc from the mid 1970s until now, was born and raised in a Hip hop culture together with our Spanish culture our parents taught us. You militants and fba's can call us culture vultures all ya want but the argument will always be the same, WE ALWAYS been here

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm telling you what crazy legs said. He said he wants people to challenge him on bringing breakdancing to the floor, he started it. Caz said the same shyt about Latinos and breakdancing.

Caz didn't say that, I clearly pointed you to the fact in my post. How can Legs claim to be the origin of bboys going to the floor when his Rican OG's from before him already said they saw Black bboys on the floor/bottom rocking in 1975? Legs didn't see any bboys/hiphop culture until 1976!!!!!!!

Puerto Rican bboy who was invited into the Zulu Kings in the late 70s/early 80s era talking about the foundations that started with the Zulu Kings

It's funny tho how you guys are dictating when the creation of Hip Hop as a whole begins and ends. All these guys your posting dancing in the 1940s didn't even know what the term hip hop meant, not even pigmeat Markham knew he was doing hip hop. But thats how far you want to go back. But you want to conveniently end it right before you THINK Latinos come in at the mid 70s

The roots of bboying are in Jazz/tap dance and then Funk dance

another clip from the early 1940s from some FBA tappers

Hip hop took decades to evolve into what it is, that shyt didn't happen in one year or when you decided it happened. Hip hop came from the same ghettos blacks and Latinos were apart of, you will never change that history.
HipHop as we think of today took decades. The OG HipHop has been around since 1970/1971

Majority of Latinos born in nyc from the mid 1970s until now, was born and raised in a Hip hop culture together with our Spanish culture our parents taught us. You militants and fba's can call us culture vultures all ya want but the argument will always be the same, WE ALWAYS been here
The point you're missing is that the OG founders of HipHop were all born in the 1950s-1965 era. Cats born in the 1970s aren't the origins of HipHop

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
If we being real, black people didn’t start hip hop

Neither did Latinos

Even had a GMB message

“Do friends feel sorry for your wife
Are you wasting your young life
The world is cold, make you say “burr”
So please do not get married brehs”

:wow:

Wu Tang ain’t got a song fukking with this :unimpressed:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Caz didn't say that, I clearly pointed you to the fact in my post. How can Legs claim to be the origin of bboys going to the floor when his Rican OG's from before him already said they saw Black bboys on the floor/bottom rocking in 1975? Legs didn't see any bboys/hiphop culture until 1976!!!!!!!

Puerto Rican bboy who was invited into the Zulu Kings in the late 70s/early 80s era talking about the foundations that started with the Zulu Kings

The roots of bboying are in Jazz/tap dance and then Funk dance

another clip from the early 1940s from some FBA tappers

HipHop as we think of today took decades. The OG HipHop has been around since 1970/1971

The point you're missing is that the OG founders of HipHop were all born in the 1950s-1965 era. Cats born in the 1970s aren't the origins of HipHop

:what: the first clip you posted showed a Puerto Rican breakdancing

I honestly don't give a fukk what anyone here might say, you're not going to change the history of Latinos and hip hop in New York. None of you are from here or can ever say how we grew up here. Culture vultures my dikk, take that shyt somewhere else :camby:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:what: the first clip you posted showed a Puerto Rican breakdancing

He's giving you the history of the Zulu Kings and the foundation that the Zulus layed out for bboying, which included floor moves/bottom rocking back in the earlier/mid 1970s. It was the Zulu Nation/Kings that put Rock Steady Crew on in the early 1980s!

The Mighty Zulu Kingz was established in 1973. They were to be the official bboy crew for the Zulu Nation. This concept came about due to the fact that the five brothers, who helped Afrika Bambaataa organize The Zulu Nation, WERE ALL BBOYS! They were known as the Zulu Kings. The “FOUNDING 5″ of Zulu Kings helped Afrika Bambaataa start a small movement in his tenement housing projects called “The Bronx River Organization”, which in time was changed to “The Organization”, and eventually renamed to “Zulu Nation”, which is the name the organization still uses today. The “FOUNDING 5″ members of Zulu Kings are: AMAD HENDERSON, AZIZ JACKSON, SHAKA REED, KUSA STOKES, and ZAMBU LANER. Amad Henderson still helps lead the Zulu Nation global organization, now refer to as “Universal Zulu Nation”. He is still a huge influence on MZK, and how the group operates today. Also, he is 1 of 2 consultants to Alien Ness, who is the current President of MZK.

As time went on, Zulu Kings became bigger with a household name for the BBoy dance style that was known by many terms; “Boi-yoing”, “Breaking”, “Go Off”, “BBoying”, or “Breakdancing” (media term). Eleven members of Zulu Kings made this possible; they were known as the “FIRST 11″. In 1975, they help create the B-Boy boom in the Bronx. The streets were buzzing about the new dance form that the Zulu Kings were doing. They were a force to be reckoned with in an era of social parties known in the streets as “Jams”. The “FIRST 11″ Zulu Kings are: BEAVER, ROBBIE ROB, CHOLLY ROCK, SWANE, POW WOW, MARCUS, JAZZY JAY, SUNDANCE, LITTLE KEITH, AFRIKA ISLAM, and G.L.O.B.E. Out of the “FIRST 11″, Beaver was the most well-known member, and became the first BBoy to get the Ghetto Celebrity status. Many of the original moves that create the blueprint for the BBoy dance style started with these 11 members, including SPORADIC FOOTWORK STYLE, HEAD SPINS, BACK SPINS, CHAIR FREEZE, BABY FREEZE, BASIC TOP ROCK STYLES, and the ever so popular and most imitated, AROUND THE WORLD SPINS & ZULU SPINS.

As the years went by, all the original Zulu Kings started to fade. Afrika Islam started to DJ, as well as Jazzy Jay. Pow Wow, G.L.O.B.E., and Biggs became The Soul Sonic Force. Sundance and Trouble maintained Chapter 2 of the Zulu Nation, and of course BBoy was getting “PLAYED OUT” by 1979.

In 1981
, Zulu Kings have a new life in the form of “Rock Steady Crew” (the third generation of Zulu Kings, or “Generation 3″ as MZK refers to them). This came about in the winter of 1981, when leading members of the infamous “Rock Steady Crew” asked Afrika Bambaataa if they could be members of Zulu Kings. Afrika Bambaataa granted them their wish, and sweetened the pot by allowing all members of Rock Steady Crew to represent Zulu Kings. Many older pictures of Rock Steady Crew show them wearing sweat suits with the words “ROCK STEADY ZULU KINGS”. RSC were part of the first Hip Hop Tour with Afrika Bambaataa, and were given the honor of carrying the tradition of Zulu Kings as a bboy squad, but this time “Boogie Boys” were included. This generation was short lived, and by the mid 1990’s only 4 people were honorably representing Zulu Kings. Those dancers were Frosty Freeze (R.I.P.), Pop Master Fabel, Mr. Wiggles, and the newly added member Alien Ness, who eventually went on to be the President of MZK. Pop Master Fabel is the second consultant to Alien Ness, and is referred to as “GodFather” to the 4th generation of MZK.

I honestly don't give a fukk what anyone here might say, you're not going to change the history of Latinos and hip hop in New York.

The truth hurts but the OG Black pioneers going back to 1970 and the Rican pioneers that came into the game around 1975-1977, already admitted the truth about HipHop's/bboy's origins

qaZhKmh.jpg

bxWaBSa.jpg

ZbK4h4d.jpg

Cracy Legs and JoJo been told the truth about the "black" origins

mr wiggles basically admits that ricans were like 2nd and 3rd generation bboys and the originators were "black"

None of you are from here or can ever say how we grew up here. Culture vultures my dikk, take that shyt somewhere else :camby:

Dude, you're Dominican :childplease: ...they ain't got sh1t to do with HipHop history in NYC

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
He's giving you the history of the Zulu Kings and the foundation that the Zulus layed out for bboying, which included floor moves/bottom rocking back in the earlier/mid 1970s. It was the Zulu Nation/Kings that put Rock Steady Crew on in the early 1980s!

The truth hurts but the OG Black pioneers going back to 1970 and the Rican pioneers that came into the game around 1975-1977, already admitted the truth about HipHop's/bboy's origins

qaZhKmh.jpg

bxWaBSa.jpg

ZbK4h4d.jpg

Cracy Legs and JoJo been told the truth about the "black" origins

mr wiggles basically admits that ricans were like 2nd and 3rd generation bboys and the originators were "black"

Dude, you're Dominican :childplease: ...they ain't got sh1t to do with HipHop history in NYC

The guy pretty much admitted he doesn't care about the mountain of evidence & eye witness testimony that you & others have posted. He's choosing to be ignorant of the facts. That's beyond stupid; it's emotional ties to his belief at this point