Spiderman on upcoming Avengers game exclusive to Playstation?

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
nikkas really celebrating Pettysoft right now. They got their shyt thoroughly rocked this gen, backed out ungraciously to go a different direction, then tried to get everybody to believe this said direction was where they were headed all along.

Best believe these motherfukkers would still be talking about COD sales and LIVE sub numbers if they won this gen. :lolbron:

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The licensing talk in here is hilarious. :mjlol:

So, to summarize:

Marvel owns the character itself.

Sony optioned off the film rights to Spider-Man decades ago, and Sony has held on to them for the longest.

Marvel retains licensing/merchandise rights for the character in non-movie situations, explaining how so many many publishers have been able to put out games with Spider-Man in them.

What's interesting is that there's the possibility that Sony's deal for the Insomniac games could just be for platform exclusive games. It doesn't happen often, but it happens sometimes. The last time something like that happened was when 2K had an exclusive deal with MLB to be the only publisher of multi platform MLB games, and Sony loopholes them to be able to make The Show, under the stipulation that it be exclusive to Sony platforms.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that Marvel (Disney, really, let's not act like we don't know who's really calling the shots) cut the same type of deal to leave the window open for games like The Avengers to get him in as a group member.

But then Sony came through with ANOTHER bag, so.....

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
people on resetera are super hurt over this :laff:. Imagine them running a business. They'd be racing to give the competition money because it's "pro consumer" :laff:, while in the process losing business for THEIR OWN company smh. If you aint trying to expand the market, you should be doing everything in your power to give yourself competitive advantage.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
people on resetera are super hurt over this :laff:. Imagine them running a business. They'd be racing to give the competition money because it's "pro consumer" :laff:, while in the process losing business for THEIR OWN company smh. If you aint trying to expand the market, you should be doing everything in your power to give yourself competitive advantage.
True but damn Spiderman always been available to everyone

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Not for Spidey PS4 :mjgrin:
or Miles PS5 :mjgrin:
or Avengers :mjgrin::mjgrin:

Times are changing my friend. :wow:

Then you add in the movies. When I think Spider-Man I think Sony/PlayStation

Don't hate the player, hate the game :yeshrug:
:mjcry: I don’t I just wanted Xbox fans to play a spidey game from a great developer too. I don’t want Sony being cocky again either or we’ll end up with ps3 era Sony again

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
:mjcry: I don’t I just wanted Xbox fans to play a spidey game from a great developer too. I don’t want Sony being cocky again either or we’ll end up with ps3 era Sony again

Gotta tell MS to stop making crappy incomplete gamepass games then bruh :laff:. They don't have the talent or mindset of the gamers though. At this point its PlayStation vs PlayStation, and it doesn't look like they'll let up. The only reason the PS3 started of slow was because of the price and wait for it......MS exclusive deals with 3rd pty. Moving into the next gen, the price will good, the games will obviously be there, as will the 3rd pty content. They are set up for easy success and another W this gen.