Spiderman on upcoming Avengers game exclusive to Playstation?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Hey let them enjoy their halo in peace...:bryan:
Yeah, we’ll enjoy an actual proven franchise thats been around for almost 2 decades :mjlol:

Anyway, I’m not mad. Its one character, and the game has yet to prove it will be worth buying.

And if it is good, they need to compensate with a non-Sony character. Spiderman on PS4 was great but thats about it, it was basically a batman knockoff.

I’m sure Microsoft will get some percs or they gonna lose out on a lot of money they could’ve earned

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The licensing talk in here is hilarious. :mjlol:

So, to summarize:

Marvel owns the character itself.

Sony optioned off the film rights to Spider-Man decades ago, and Sony has held on to them for the longest.

Marvel retains licensing/merchandise rights for the character in non-movie situations, explaining how so many many publishers have been able to put out games with Spider-Man in them.

What's interesting is that there's the possibility that Sony's deal for the Insomniac games could just be for platform exclusive games. It doesn't happen often, but it happens sometimes. The last time something like that happened was when 2K had an exclusive deal with MLB to be the only publisher of multi platform MLB games, and Sony loopholes them to be able to make The Show, under the stipulation that it be exclusive to Sony platforms.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that Marvel (Disney, really, let's not act like we don't know who's really calling the shots) cut the same type of deal to leave the window open for games like The Avengers to get him in as a group member.

But then Sony came through with ANOTHER bag, so.....

Activision has exclusive rights to spider-man from 2000-2014, so know many many publishers have not been able to put out spider-man games

you don't know difference between a developer and a publisher

Raven Soft Developed Ultimate Alliance, they made the game, but it was published by Activision

only game spider-man appeared in without being published by activision during that time from was Marvel Vs Capcom 3, and the Lego Games, one is a cross over series, and one is a lego game, it's not the same thing

Geralt appeared in Soul Caliber and Monster Hunter, does that mean CD project Red doesn't have exclusive rights to Witcher lmao, they allowed him to be in the game

When The Activision situation ended, Marvel approached Sony and Insominiac, they chose them and it took a while for the ceo of Insominiac to get on board

The reason the game is only playstation is because its apart of the deal to keep Spider-man in the MCU, and the Insomniac spider-man is a entire different character and universe, FOR VIDEOGAMES

Marvel had picked Insomniac to carry spider-man games forward, after the success of The game, Sony brought Insomniac in 2019 this is where the character is locked in

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again, just like the paying for online shyt.

Microsoft started this with the 360.

COD Maps

Skyrim DLC took years to come to PS3.

etc.
Don't get mad now.

Incredibly shytty from Sony regardless.

I'm still not buying this game.

Maps, and timed dlc is vastly different than whole characters not in game just because.

Also that was almost a decade ago, the industry has changed a ton since then, sony clearly trying to go backwards. :scust:

It's all good though Sony should keep paying for exclusive content. In the long run this gen, I don't think it's going to matter.:mjgrin:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snooze:
all Xbox need's to do is have black panther exclusive with his " The Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes " skillset

:whew:

:lawd:
with ski cycle

latest

but who Am I kidding T'challa will just be a wack boring ass wolverine knockoff with a some glowing purple light:francis:

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Activision has exclusive rights to spider-man from 2000-2014, so know many many publishers have not been able to put out spider-man games

you don't know difference between a developer and a publisher

Raven Soft Developed Ultimate Alliance, they made the game, but it was published by Activision

only game spider-man appeared in without being published by activision during that time from was Marvel Vs Capcom 3, and the Lego Games, one is a cross over series, and one is a lego game, it's not the same thing

Geralt appeared in Soul Caliber and Monster Hunter, does that mean CD project Red doesn't have exclusive rights to Witcher lmao, they allowed him to be in the game

When The Activision situation ended, Marvel approached Sony and Insominiac, they chose them and it took a while for the ceo of Insominiac to get on board

The reason the game is only playstation is because its apart of the deal to keep Spider-man in the MCU, and the Insomniac spider-man is a entire different character and universe, FOR VIDEOGAMES

Marvel had picked Insomniac to carry spider-man games forward, after the success of The game, Sony brought Insomniac in 2019 this is where the character is locked in

All that text for a bunch of shyt you misinterpreted, and then got wrong. :gucci:

Im well aware of the difference between a publisher and a developer. Off the top of my head, Acclaim (and all their fake sub publishers like LJN and Flying Edge and shyt), Electronic Arts, Capcom, and Sega have all published games at least as far back as the 90s with Spider-Man in them. The character gets around, because it's popular.

Didn't bring up Geralt, but CD Projekt has the rights for the Witcher IP when it comes to video games, merch, and a couple of other categories, so yeah. They quite literally let him be in Soul Calibur, since decisions in that field go through them.

The bolded doesn't even make sense because it contradicts itself. The MCU deal has quite literally no bearing on anything other than movies. Marvel can cut whatever deal they want with whoever for games. I mean, the character was in a game that was a PS4 exclusive, and then the next year was in a game that was a Nintendo exclusive. It seems like, at least for Marvel, Disney would prefer to avoid a single publisher relationship like they have with EA.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah, we’ll enjoy an actual proven franchise thats been around for almost 2 decades :mjlol:

Anyway, I’m not mad. Its one character, and the game has yet to prove it will be worth buying.

And if it is good, they need to compensate with a non-Sony character. Spiderman on PS4 was great but thats about it, it was basically a batman knockoff.

I’m sure Microsoft will get some percs or they gonna lose out on a lot of money they could’ve earned

I mean...:mjgrin:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Yall can have that sht :russell:

Whilst we have you know...

-near double the announced exclusives for next gen

-the more powerful console

-access to 100s of games including next gen titles for only $12

-free next gen multiplayer for all titles

-by far the most technically ambitious game in the last decade (MS Flight Sim)

-the console that will play the best version of multiplats

-full backwards compatibility across multiple generations

:youngsabo:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yall can have that sht :russell:

Whilst we have you know...

-near double the announced exclusives for next gen

-the more powerful console

-access to 100s of games including next gen titles for only $12

-free next gen multiplayer for all titles

-by far the most technically ambitious game in the last decade (MS Flight Sim)

-the console that will play the best version of multiplats

-full backwards compatibility across multiple generations

:youngsabo:

And will probably still get bodied by Sony this gen too...:mjlol: all that shyt you spouting Ms was gonna do last time, no one cares really...:ld: stadia does the same shyt as gamepass in theory ..it's really no big deal :dahell:

Ms has to worry about the games is their shyt even worth playing?!:ld: