Spiderman 2 is voted IGN’s most anticipated game of 2023 by gamers.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I never had issues with it. it's just double standards when people are trying to hate on a game. I see it a lot in open-world games when people are trying to rationalize what is and isn't a "fetch quest"
People will never hesitate to pull shyt out there ass when it comes to hating on something.

And they're all "fetch quests" at their core. What matters is execution. Execution trumps just about everything really in everything really. Originality/novelty, diversity, non-/linearity, formulaic, etc.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that's my point. everyone hated on AssCreed and FarCry games for this, calling them "UbiSoft Towers" and shyt

Yeah that was never really the problem i had with ubisoft games, they got their open world design from Rockstar pretty much, minus the towers

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yep, its also funny how no one brings up the fact that both zelda and elden ring have it also, although in elden ring you dont have to climb anything.

Basically do ‘x thing’ to unlock parts of the map is in every open world game but only some get pinged for having it

nd the game that did it best was horizon forbidden west cause they actually added variety to the towers
Keep eldin ring name out your fukkin mouth.

will-smith-slap-01.jpg

The difference between elden ring (and zelda)and spider-man is that there is an actual challenge in order to reach the map unlock spot. You have to figure out how to get there, fight enemies, etc in order to get to the map point.

In spiderman and most ubisoft games you just hold up and watch him climb.

Y’all gon get enough of throwing all other games under the bus to explain away the shallow shyt in sony games :ufdup:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

The difference between elden ring (and zelda)and spider-man is that there is an actual challenge in order to reach the map unlock spot. You have to fixture out how to get there, fight enemies, etc in order to get
to the map point.

Y’all gon get enough of throwing all other games under the bus to explain away the shallow shyt in sony games :ufdup:
Well someone ate their wheaties this morning. Or didn't have their breakfast first.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

will-smith-slap-01.jpg

The difference between elden ring (and zelda)and spider-man is that there is an actual challenge in order to reach the map unlock spot. You have to figure out how to get there, fight enemies, etc in order to get to the map point.

If Elden ring had been a PS5 exclusive, we all know you’ll be here hating hard on that game. Stop this “I love Elden ring” cos we can all see your bullshyt:comeon:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

will-smith-slap-01.jpg

You sound dumb.

In elden ring you just ride up to the map statue and pick it up, shut up. You try too hard

And zelda is the same basic climbing as assassins creed

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

will-smith-slap-01.jpg

Well someone ate their wheaties this morning. Or didn't have their breakfast first.
Hmmm...that Will/Chris pic add may be all more apropos now, considering that Will was under years of stress and duress before that played out. One must wonder:jbhmm: what years of stress & duress ole Meech been under to warrant such hosility. Shall we be getting a teary eyed apology at the next gaming awards?:mjgrin: News at 11, more to come.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

will-smith-slap-01.jpg

meh, in Elden Ring most of the time I just made a b-line for the unlock spot, running past whatever enemies. I don't remember any of them being particularly challenging

BOTW had some towers that took me a minute to figure out

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
meh, in Elden Ring most of the time I just made a b-line for the unlock spot, running past whatever enemies. I don't remember any of them being particularly challenging

BOTW had some towers that took me a minute to figure out
Most times in elden ring there was some environmental thing you had to figure out. Nothing to deep but you’d have to find a bridge or exact route around, to a road or through a village or an elevator etc to make your way through the world. It wasn’t a simple B line like most open world games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Most times in elden ring there was some environmental thing you had to figure out. Nothing to deep but you’d have to find a bridge or exact route around, to a road or through a village or an elevator etc to make your way through the world. It wasn’t a simple B line like most open world games.

Thats not true at all :dahell:

They even show you on the map where the map pieces are