'Spider-Man' Spinoff: Morbius the Living Vampire Movie in the Works (Trailer Out)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Disney's entire approach is Borg-style. They want everything. If they wait and let Sony flop around and lose money until the Mouse can get everything back under one umbrella on the cheap, then fine...but they saw the buzz with SM in the MCU, and Sony's finally cluing in that you need proper villains to tell a good hero story, so Disney tried an okeydoke that didn't work...

but make no mistake, the Mouse wants what the Mouse wants, one way or another.

I mean....I wouldn't say they're the Borg since Disney only wants what was originally Marvel's to begin with. It's not like Sony created Spider-Man.

I'm saying when it comes to bargaining chips, Sony had very few. Let's say they told Marvel to fukk off. Best case scenario, they start their own cinematic universe with Spider-Man. Marvel moves on with no Spider-Man....which is what they had planned anyway, with Phase 4.

So....Sony has their entire plan predicated on the success of Spider-Man and the extended characters....Marvel has 3-4 years mapped out without Spider-Man. That's before they introduce mutants, X-Men, F4, Doom, Galactus, and the dozens of other characters the Fox merger granted them.

I honestly don't think Marvel gives a fukk if they get back Spider-Man or not. Obviously they're not gonna turn down the chance to use him, though.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watch a Blade/Morbius cross over be on the table if they don't shyt the bed with this.

Man honestly they could half way shyt the bed and it would be fine.

If they drop a Blade reference or Sinister 6 reference, that would go a long way towards smoothing over any rough edges in this movie.

That's what most people don't seem to understand about the MCU. It's not as if every movie is great. There's a gang that are :ld:

But people let that slide because of the pay off later. The idea that this shyt is building towards something greater. If Sony is smart, they'll use that to their advantage.

Fred.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Man honestly they could half way shyt the bed and it would be fine.

If they drop a Blade reference or Sinister 6 reference, that would go a long way towards smoothing over any rough edges in this movie.

That's what most people don't seem to understand about the MCU. It's not as if every movie is great. There's a gang that are :ld:

But people let that slide because of the pay off later. The idea that this shyt is building towards something greater. If Sony is smart, they'll use that to their advantage.

Fred.

It's gotta be better than Venom though, quality wise I think for them to buy further into the "MCU Adjacent" bullshyt...if this sucks and they come behind it with Kraven and Madam Web and it's some off brand shyt that isn't on par with the Spiderman movies that the MCU has set the bar with they probably gonna end his run with the next movie save for the cameo.

Daps
I mean....I wouldn't say they're the Borg since Disney only wants what was originally Marvel's to begin with. It's not like Sony created Spider-Man.

I'm saying when it comes to bargaining chips, Sony had very few. Let's say they told Marvel to fukk off. Best case scenario, they start their own cinematic universe with Spider-Man. Marvel moves on with no Spider-Man....which is what they had planned anyway, with Phase 4.

So....Sony has their entire plan predicated on the success of Spider-Man and the extended characters....Marvel has 3-4 years mapped out without Spider-Man. That's before they introduce mutants, X-Men, F4, Doom, Galactus, and the dozens of other characters the Fox merger granted them.

I honestly don't think Marvel gives a fukk if they get back Spider-Man or not. Obviously they're not gonna turn down the chance to use him, though.

Fred.

I really want a DOOM movie . He is one of the illest to do it. Hell make script off the books DOOM and go from there....

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This is all happening because Venom did so well. Many people in this very forum predicted Venom to FLOP and it did the exact opposite. It was a huge success. You can cry about what the Rotten Tomatoes score was if you wish but it means nothing.

So Sony is off and running and now we have a pretty good chance at Sinister Six and Blade involvement, thank you Sony :myman:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is all happening because Venom did so well. Many people in this very forum predicted Venom to FLOP and it did the exact opposite. It was a huge success. You can cry about what the Rotten Tomatoes score was if you wish but it means nothing.

So Sony is off and running and now we have a pretty good chance at Sinister Six and Blade involvement, thank you Sony :myman:

:dahell:

Sinister 6 would've happened with or without the success of "Venom".

You're acting like "Homecoming" and "Far From Home" didn't introduce Vulture, Electro, and Mysterio.

And Marvel has the rights to Blade so....not seeing how "Venom" or Sony had anything to do with that, either.

Fred.