'Spider-Man' Spinoff: Morbius the Living Vampire Movie in the Works (Trailer Out)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If we're being honest, superheroes/villains are the most played out:yeshrug:

No man. You gotta be trolling. Super hero movies only been popping the last decade or so.

I remember "Shaun Of The Dead" was billed as a breath of fresh air in the zombie genre. That was 2004. And vampires were played out before that even.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Because if Venom flopped Sony wouldn't be making Morbius right now and there wouldn't be tie ins from these movies to MCU movies. That's what I meant. I didn't say anything about Sinister Six happening because of Sony.

Again, :dahell:

Why would people thank Sony for that?

"Venom" and "Morbius" never exist....nothing changes. The MCU Spider-Man movies don't exist....there's nothing for Sony to connect to.

I get that you cats got a weird vendetta against Disney but the MCU laid the foundation for these tie ins to actually mean something. You're thanking Sony when the MCU did all the heavy lifting.

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
No man. You gotta be trolling. Super hero movies only been popping the last decade or so.

I remember "Shaun Of The Dead" was billed as a breath of fresh air in the zombie genre. That was 2004. And vampires were played out before that even.

Fred.
I don't mean played out as far as being unpopular, I just think they've peaked. I genuinely hope I'm wrong and Marvel can have another brolic run with newer characters, DC can effectively establish its universe while maintaining their own style, we can get pleasant quality surprises like The Joker that stray from the norm, etc. But I doubt it:yeshrug:The types of movies you listed became played out because they got stagnant and predictable. I feel the same way about superhero flicks. Imma watch doe:manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I get that you cats got a weird vendetta against Disney

It's quite the opposite. I know that's your "go to" when you have nothing else to say apparently but if I had a vendetta against Disney I wouldn't buy their products. I wouldn't have Disney+ for the next three years. I like a lot of what they put out.

Stop trying to turn this into some nonsense and look at the facts. If Venom didn't do well financially then there wouldn't be a Venom sequel with Carnage in the works and there wouldn't be a Morbius movie with likely a Blade crossover down the line.

I don't care about Spider-Man Homecoming or Far From Home, that's great that they did well but you're acting like they did something new with the property. During the same timeframe Sony put out Into the Spiderverse, the people at Disney aren't the only people who understand the Spider-Man character or his foes.

That's why I laugh when all these retards cry about the rights to these movies and don't act like that ain't what half this thread is about :what:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
This looks like best case it’ll be surprisingly fun, worse case cliche and outdated. Venom happened to be both carried by Tom Hardy :ehh: I’m gonna rely heavy on word of mouth with this picture once it drops

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This looks like best case it’ll be surprisingly fun, worse case cliche and outdated. Venom happened to be both carried by Tom Hardy :ehh: I’m gonna rely heavy on word of mouth with this picture once it drops

my issue with Venom is like you mention it felt outdated. Like it woulda been a great movie in 2006. I didnt hate Venom but at times I caught myself losing interest during the film.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Only reason i don't agree with you is because people seem to really enjoy vampire movies. Venom was more a monster movie which can often feel cliche'd
Vampire's seem to never go over that way with audiences due to the creepiness and suspense factor. Only one i see people hate is Twilight, which removed all the creepiness and suspense. So i'm think at worst it's a big budget vampire movie, which will at least entertain those horror type fans.(remember this ain't disney, so it won't be overly family friendly) that doesn't spawn any continued MCU relationship or franchise appeal.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Only reason i don't agree with you is because people seem to really enjoy vampire movies. Venom was more a monster movie which can often feel cliche'd
Vampire's seem to never go over that way with audiences due to the creepiness and suspense factor. Only one i see people hate is Twilight, which removed all the creepiness and suspense. So i'm think at worst it's a big budget vampire movie, which will at least entertain those horror type fans.(remember this ain't disney, so it won't be overly family friendly) that doesn't spawn any continued MCU relationship or franchise appeal.
People hate twilight for various reasons. But the one thing no one can ever deny about it is there are tons of people who love it. Twilight wasn’t for the people who dislike it or hate it. It’s for the people who love it. Twilight panels packed hall H at comic con each year it came. It’s a romantic vampire story for teenagers. It accomplished its job in spades. I ain’t mad at it :ehh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't mean played out as far as being unpopular, I just think they've peaked. I genuinely hope I'm wrong and Marvel can have another brolic run with newer characters, DC can effectively establish its universe while maintaining their own style, we can get pleasant quality surprises like The Joker that stray from the norm, etc. But I doubt it:yeshrug:The types of movies you listed became played out because they got stagnant and predictable. I feel the same way about superhero flicks. Imma watch doe:manny:

I think they peaked as far as monetarily....the highest grossing movie of all time is a comic book film.

I don't expect them to stop making money any time soon though.

And I doubt Marvel will have another run like they did with "Infinity War". It took a decade. So if you mean in terms of the hype surrounding them, then yeah I guess comic books peaked.

But they ain't going nowhere any time soon. In some ways they're just getting started. Marvel ain't even dipped into the hundreds of characters they just got from the Fox deal. Let something like "Secret Wars" drop and people will be just as hyped as the "Infinity War" announcement from 2014.

Fred.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they peaked as far as monetarily....the highest grossing movie of all time is a comic book film.

I don't expect them to stop making money any time soon though.

And I doubt Marvel will have another run like they did with "Infinity War". It took a decade. So if you mean in terms of the hype surrounding them, then yeah I guess comic books peaked.

But they ain't going nowhere any time soon. In some ways they're just getting started. Marvel ain't even dipped into the hundreds of characters they just got from the Fox deal. Let something like "Secret Wars" drop and people will be just as hyped as the "Infinity War" announcement from 2014.

Fred.
It’s about to take a LONG ass time, probably another decade, but I’m 99% they’re building to secret wars and it’s gonna be crazy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It’s about to take a LONG ass time, probably another decade, but I’m 99% they’re building to secret wars and it’s gonna be crazy

It probably will take a decade, but not for the build up.

Phase 4 (at face value, anyway) doesn't feature any character or arcs from the Fox deal. That's the next 3-4 years. Phase 5 will probably be full blown mutants, X-Men, Galactus, F4, Doom, and all that crazy shyt. So I expect Phase 5 to be "Secret Wars". The Russos already said they'd come back and direct it.

Fred.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It probably will take a decade, but not for the build up.

Phase 4 (at face value, anyway) doesn't feature any character or arcs from the Fox deal. That's the next 3-4 years. Phase 5 will probably be full blown mutants, X-Men, Galactus, F4, Doom, and all that crazy shyt. So I expect Phase 5 to be "Secret Wars". The Russos already said they'd come back and direct it.

Fred.

fukk. I'll be 40 by then.