Spider-Man (Official Thread)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Finished it today. While this game truly captures the essence of playing Spider-Man, I can't help but feel there's a bunch of shyt they could've done better.

Most obvious are the awful MJ/Miles missions. Scripted stealth missions are fukking wack. Stealth missions were discovery is instant game over are fukking wack. Put both of them together and this obvious attempt at diverse gameplay ends up as a bunch of slow worthless intervals. The Research station missions and Taskmaster challenges do offer some better variety but as I've said before, the drone challenges really fukk the game over because they expose how shoddy your actual control on the webslinging is.

The pacing of the story seemed off to me too, maybe because a ton of the early missions are of the "Go to FEAST, talk to someone" and "Go to Otto, fix a circuit" variety which feels like a ton of padding. When you consider that the game has roughly 30 to 40 story missions and something like 8 boss fights in the main story with most of them taking place at the end of the game too, the early stretches of the game are really only saved by the excitement of the gameplay itself. A lesser game would probably have felt like a total chore during the first half.

When the game is good though it is friggin' excellent, and despite some of my issues with some of the side content the game does offer up tons of content in a very accessible way. I think this is the first game in ages where getting all the trophies doesn't feel like homework but something you almost entirely achieve playing through the game naturally.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I'm at 93% and just beat Martin Li. Been playing most of the day so I'm taking a break and will finish either tonight or tomorrow.

I hope in the next game they do away with the stealth missions. The initial MJ and Miles missions were cool at first but they got annoying after the third one.

IMO instead of Taskmaster it should have been Kraven with the challenges but I guess they're saving him for the sequel.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Have you guys seen the secret webslinger mission for after you beat and plat the game?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Game is cool, I still feel like its a big empty soul less game though.

If not for the closing chapter the game would have been a solid 7 for me.

But over all its a 8 and its worth playing.

I felt like I was playing yet another spiderman game that I've played the past 10 years.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Trinidad James'd the Taskmaster challenges:wow:

he's not the difficult get him on the street and use Spider-bro, spidey bots, & concussion blast

all hell done broke loose after this Rikers mission :picard:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Game is cool, I still feel like its a big empty soul less game though.

If not for the closing chapter the game would have been a solid 7 for me.

But over all its a 8 and its worth playing.

I felt like I was playing yet another spiderman game that I've played the past 10 years.

We using this meaningless cliche critic for video games now? :snoop:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
somebody on twitter ruined the ending for me dont even wanna finish it now....if yall boys coppin red dead 2 stay away from youtube and social media