Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Out Now

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I actually prefer it that way sometimes. I enjoyed spiderman and batman arkam series. but at the same time , i often felt like damn, all of spidermans villains reaking havoc in the same day? :dahell:Why don't these dudes kill again?I understand why people hate them now. They just beat people up and then let them go on killing again.

:mjlol: imagine going to work in the morning and the street is shutdown due to kingpin going at it with spiderman, the lunch taking forever because the roads are shutdown due to spiderman going at with vulture, then driving home takes forever because spiderman and shocker and destroyed and road. Then you gotta eat dinner in darkness because he fought electro in the evening. Then you can't sleep through night because his battle with doc ock keeps waking you up. all this in 1 day.

a shorter game might mean 1 or a few bad guys instead of all of them. like in the movies.
What I liked about the first game is that the in-game Twitter-like social media tackled just what you're talking about. It offered insight into the daily reactions of mundane people toward the crazy stuff that always happens in superhero material without a peep. And they said stuff very similar to what you just said :russ:

"AYO Spider-Man just fukked up a dude in the alleyway! I recorded it!"

"Bro there's been a chase in 45th street... AGAIN"

"Almost got mugged by dudes with weird masks... After getting attacked by the Kingpin's dudes... I gotta get out of this city"

What was even cooler is that those social media messages were tied to events in game and even randomized events that you would do. So when a teacher died in the subtext of the Halloween mission, the timeline is full of RIP, sometimes even by other characters you know. Were you to throw a garbage can at a enemy during a mugging, you would find the garbageman complaining on Twitter that Spider-Man is fukking up his job. A parody account of J Jonah Jameson would crack up jokes saying outlandish shyt with the real JJJ threatening him in the replies...

Those are the little details that elevated the game to the status of 2018 GOTY for me.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, set in winter one year after the events of the previous game, Miles' Harlem home is on the verge of being torn apart by a war between an energy corporation and a criminal organization armed to the teeth with advanced tech. It's not a formal sequel to Spider-Man. That, if the coy responses from the creatives are any sign, may or may not be coming later. It's a shorter spin-off, likened in scope to the Lost Legacygame in the Uncharted series. Nevertheless, Intihar promises "it has a lot of heart."

"This is a full arc for Miles Morales that started in Spider-Man," Brian Horton, the game's creative director, says. "We really are completing this hero's coming of age in our game. It is a complete story."

The choice of a smaller narrative came amid discussions of what that hero's journey looked like for Miles in the context of Insomniac's games. After all, Miles, according to Marvel Comics canon, doesn't typically exist in the same reality as Mr. Parker. "When we started crafting it," Horton recalls, "we realized that, with a little bit more of a compact storytelling style, we could tell a very emotionally impactful story that would fit really well as an experience that would take Spider-Man 1 and [Miles Morales] and do justice to this character."

Miles may be training with Peter to hone his Spidey skills, but Horton and Intihar see him as "his own Spider-Man." The animation, the movements, the mechanics, even his powers (including bioshock and invisibility) aren't just unique tricks for this character, they are metaphors for that hero's journey the pair keep mentioning. Peter's origin "was born out of tragedy" — i.e. the death of his Uncle Ben — but Horton mentions Miles "is more so born out of family. What I think is really compelling about Miles as a character is he has friends that he could actually let into his world — his human world and his Spider world. He's a little different in the way he approaches it."

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

jeezus christ. :whoo:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
In Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, set in winter one year after the events of the previous game, Miles' Harlem home is on the verge of being torn apart by a war between an energy corporation and a criminal organization armed to the teeth with advanced tech.
But Miles is from Brooklyn

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I told y'all this game would be a graphical showcase

I predict this game will break PS exclusive sales records because pretty much everyone will be buying this game by default when they buy their PS5

System seller.