Spider-Man: Miles Morales | PS4/PS5 | Out Now

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We’re also excited today to reveal that Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be arriving on both PS5 and PS4.

Yes, that’s right, we know that some of you may transition to PS5 at different times, which it was why it was important to us to release the latest title in the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe on both consoles.

The standard edition will be available digitally on the PlayStation Store or physically at your local retailer for $49.99.

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales also supports a next-gen upgrade path, so even if you aren’t ready to upgrade to PS5 just yet, there’s nothing stopping you from buying the PS4 version and enjoying the game alongside everyone else at launch. While it doesn’t have the enhancements made possible by the console in the PS5 version, the game still looks beautiful on PS4 and PS4 Pro, and you can rest easy that when you do make the jump to PS5, the game comes with you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, that’s right, we know that some of you may transition to PS5 at different times, which it was why it was important to us to release the latest title in the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe on both consoles.

sound like what Microsoft said. What the fukk is going on here :dahell:

:mjlol:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
So Sony decides to make their flagship launch game a cross gen game :gucci:
I thought Spiderman MM was PS5 only?
I can only assume they don't have enough supply to meet PS5 demand (meaning they expect to sellout quick) and that's why they made this game available on PS4...

Console hardware is always sold at a loss, they make their bread from games, online services and accessories...

So if they don't expect PS5's to be sitting on shelves like XBOX's, it makes sense they'd try to maximize game sale profits by making the game available on PS4...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you gotta buy the bundle to get the upgraded Spider-Man PS4 remaster?

"The remaster for the PS5 is no simple up-res, as many of the game’s art assets have been completely updated to take advantage of the PS5 console’s horsepower. You’ll see better-looking characters with improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation (including our new, next-generation Peter Parker). You’ll also see ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, allowing you to finally play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate. We’ll be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. Lastly we’re adding three amazing new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies for those of you looking to Platinum the game all over again."

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
So Sony decides to make their flagship launch game a cross gen game :gucci:
I thought Spiderman MM was PS5 only?
So basically it's gonna be a PS4 game that is "enhanced" for PS5.

Sony fukked up big time. I was really gonna get a PS5 for this game on launch despite the risk of buying a unit in the first batch which will probably be full of duds.

Knowing I can get this on PS4 (the system it was most likely designed for) has legit changed my buying plans. Honestly now I feel like I can wait a few years until the price reduces or a worthwile game drops like God of War 2.

I mean, damn, I can even enjoy CyberPunk on this 6 year old console of mine.

Seems like I'll be on current gen for a while yet:ehh:.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
would have looked even more incredible if it were developed exclusively for the PS5
What you mean? It’s a ps4 game in design but is gonna be playable and “boosted” on the ps5 but is not a ps5 designed game? Or it’s not exclusive to PlayStation