Spider-Man Miles Morales is a remaster to the 2018 game. **update**A “Standalone expansion”

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game. There’s a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there’s been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

It’s pretty clear what he’s saying here.

The “miles morales” part is a “component” to the original “game” that’s been enhanced.

This is clearly a remaster with an extra DLC.

This should have been a free upgrade for people who own the PS4 game with a stand-alone DLC.

But they decided to sell it as a PS5 launch game to make people double dip, and go buy a brand new machine to do it :wow:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
That's the thing, I can't say you wrong. They just worded that shyt terribly. :russ: Normally, they would just say it has all the content from the previous game. :martin:

I wouldn't mind re-playing the original one at 60FPS so I hope it's the case.

I don’t mind playing it but I do mind paying for it. I’m not paying for the base game again. If that’s the case (which I doubt). Well see

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you fukking stupid? Do you NOT understand the difference between a standalone game and a sequel? :gucci:

Do you think The Lost Legacy is in fact Uncharted 5 or some shyt and only you were the only one smart enough to realise? :deadrose:

Motherfukker was playing 'Left Behind' thinking it was actually The Last of Us 2 released 6 years early. :russ:
Direct that anger at sony my boi!

:mjlol::russ::russ::russ:

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think the entire package will look like TLOU: Remastered.

it had the base game, left behind(single player expansion) and other dlc all for 59.99

You could also buy left behind separately.

now, what remains to be seen is the handling of the base game for PS4 owners. Will they get Ps5 upgrades for free?

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game. There’s a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there’s been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

It’s pretty clear what he’s saying here.

The “miles morales” part is a “component” to the original “game” that’s been enhanced.

This is clearly a remaster with an extra DLC.

This should have been a free upgrade for people who own the PS4 game with a stand-alone DLC.

But they decided to sell it as a PS5 launch game to make people double dip, and go buy a brand new machine to do it :wow:
Breh that shyt is NOT clear at all :russ:

From Jason Schreier on Resetera

Guys. I don't know whether Spider-Man: Miles Morales will also include the base game - I just know it's an expansion that I've been told compares to Lost Legacy in terms of scope, as opposed to a full sequel.

If I had to guess -- and this is a guess! -- I would say it's a bundle with the remastered base game on PS5 and sold standalone on PS4.

But I agree. If it does include the base game, it should be included for free for previous owners + additional fee for the expansion.

But knowing Sony's track record with cross-gen upgrades...:beli:

Still can't even play my PS1 classic version of FF7 and would have to re-buy the PS4 PSN version.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

But I agree. If it does include the base game, it should be included for free for previous owners + additional fee for the expansion.

Still can't even play my PS1 classic version of FF7 and would have to re-buy the PS4 PSN version.

His “guess” is the same as mine. Remastered game + DLC.

Sony is being purposely misleading cause they need a big AAA “next gen” game to sell at launch. So they are gonna market this as that game.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the entire package will look like TLOU: Remastered.

it had the base game, left behind(single player expansion) and other dlc all for 59.99

You could also buy left behind separately.

now, what remains to be seen is the handling of the base game for PS4 owners. Will they get Ps5 upgrades for free?

ya if they handle it like that then I can live w/ it :yes:

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Yea they have to get better at this, I think it may be murky because they have not detailed their cross gen plans, like msft, with smart delivery.

So it may be something that will be come clearer as they announce PS services like cross buy(if it exists)

Last edited: