Spider-Man Miles Morales is a remaster to the 2018 game. **update**A “Standalone expansion”

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What’s the difference?

Hell a full on remaster would have been better than this shyt.
Remaster implies that we getting the original content with better textures/performance. This sounds like some Infamous: First Light shyt. I don't care either way because I'll cop. But this better not be over $20 if it's just an expansion (Miles story) from the original game and doesn't include everything else with it.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You really want me to link you to what he himself said on :mjpls:?

The above tweet is him implying that Sony was leading people on as if it was a sequel (not a standalone game) - I don't agree, it was obviously a standalone game, not a direct sequel.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Remaster implies that we getting the original content with better textures/performance. This sounds like some Infamous: First Light shyt. I don't care either way because I'll cop. But this better not be over $20 if it's just an expansion (Miles story) from the original game and doesn't include everything else with it.

Re read the interview breh. He says an expansion AND enhancement to the previous game and calls the miles morales part a component.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That’s what it is.

It’s the full PS4 game with upgraded graphics and some extra Miles Morales story stuff.

Seems it will be a stand-alone release for PS5.

They’ve said nothing about allowing owners of the PS4 version to upgrade.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You really want me to link you to what he himself said on :mjpls:?

The above tweet is him implying that Sony was leading people on as if it was a sequel (not a standalone game) - I don't agree, it was obviously a standalone game, not a direct sequel.
:mjtf:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The interview is obviously hinting at a remaster of the base game and Miles Morales is an extension of that remaster.

basically, this is a directors cut. Prolly DLC that was saved and rebuffed for PS5
Yeah I knew I remember them saying that miles DLC was in the works and coming out, I guess it got bumped to PS5.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Re read the interview breh. He says an expansion AND enhancement to the previous game and calls the miles morales part a component.
I'm reading that as it including the original city + Miles content. It doesn't say anything about the original story content. They need to get their messaging across better with it.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I'm reading that as it including the original city + Miles content. It doesn't say anything about the original story content. They need to get their messaging across better with it.

I guess when he said “previous game”, I am taking that to mean the base game, including story.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s what it is.

It’s the full PS4 game with upgraded graphics and some extra Miles Morales story stuff.

Seems it will be a stand-alone release for PS5.

They’ve said nothing about allowing owners of the PS4 version to upgrade.

Super dirty either way

No back compat with a game that was developed on ps4 and dlc that was suppose to be on ps4?

Or releasing a remaster upgrade of a game from 2 years ago.....:hhh:

But that's sony for you.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah the messaging is sloppy. It screamed standalone when it was first shown and Schreier has confirmed as much.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess when he said “previous game”, I am taking that to mean the base game, including story.
That's the thing, I can't say you wrong. They just worded that shyt terribly. :russ: Normally, they would just say it has all the content from the previous game. :martin:

I wouldn't mind re-playing the original one at 60FPS so I hope it's the case.