Spider-Man Coming Home to Marvel Cinematic Universe

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
if its a black peter parker i wouldnt mind as much but then here the racist jokes come about he and mary jane

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/24/81...morales-marvel-studios-not-peter-parker-rumor

SlashFilm is reporting on this big rumor via the latest episode of the Meet the Movie Press podcast. During that show, film reporter Jeff Sneider told the panel, "Listen, this is not set in stone guys, but I'm telling you right now, Spider-Man's not going to be white."

Sneider went on to say that he was "95% sure" of this information and that Marvel Studios' version of Spider-Man will most likely be black or Latino. Sneider said he doesn't think the character will be Peter Parker, and the idea of a black or Latino Spider-Man certainly fits with Morales, who is both.

I wonder why comics are really going all in with the diversity all of a sudden, i mean for literally decades its been racist and stereotypical. Its really interesting that the comic book medium might be the spark that pushes changes in the rest of the media.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/24/81...morales-marvel-studios-not-peter-parker-rumor

I wonder why comics are really going all in with the diversity all of a sudden, i mean for literally decades its been racist and stereotypical. Its really interesting that the comic book medium might be the spark that pushes changes in the rest of the media.
I'm all for diversity and would happily welcome Miles being introduced into the MCU as something fresh/new, but don't think that he can be incorporated as the central Spidey character yet; would like to know how they'll go about explaining Peter's existence in MCU given the fact that there has been no mention of him thus far. Seeing as how NY was destroyed in Avengers, where was Peter during all that?

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I'm all for diversity and would happily welcome Miles being introduced into the MCU as something fresh/new, but don't think that he can be incorporated as the central Spidey character yet; would like to know how they'll go about explaining Peter's existence in MCU given the fact that there has been no mention of him thus far. Seeing as how NY was destroyed in Avengers, where was Peter during all that?
Peter parker will be miles morales (uncle ben) mentor slash life coach who teaches him how to use his power ala the new ant man movie :troll:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
New Details On Just How Much Control Marvel Studios Has Over SPIDER-MAN

115816.jpg

Yesterday's news about Tom Rothman (someone whose track record with superhero properties is not good thanks to his tenure at Fox) taking over from Amy Pascal worried a lot of Spider-Man fans. To put it bluntly, pretty much everyone was wondering, "Is he going to f**k up the deal with Marvel?!" Based on a report over at Latino-Review, probably not! They reiterate that Avi Arad and Matt Tolomach are producers in name only, adding: "We have information from a source suggesting there is no financial involvement whatsoever and no direct creative control over Spidey coming from the old guard. Amy Pascal still has a say in the Mom-and-Pop arrangement she has with Feige, but Disney didn’t want to unite Pearlmutter, Arad and Feige in earnest. This is the solution. What does that mean? It means Marvel might have a bit more control than we thought. It means the new Spider-Man has been insulated from BOTH Avi Arad and new Sony head, superhero property curse, Tom Rothman." This is obviously very good news, and backs up a lot of what we've been hearing over the past few weeks. Share your thoughts in the usual place!

Source: Latino-Review

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
I wonder If they can pull of keepin Spidey single throughout his whole first movie:lupe:

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
I think they'll either do that or just have him split between girls
Maybe keep MJ as a background character and develop some other supporting roles like Liz,Ms.Brant some of his coworkers
Have a less flashy but more plot intensive antagonist like chamaeleon and his mob connections:ehh:
But at this point I'm just day dreamin about memories of the comics,I'll be happy if the get the basics right.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Maybe keep MJ as a background character and develop some other supporting roles like Liz,Ms.Brant some of his coworkers
Have a less flashy but more plot intensive antagonist like chamaeleon and his mob connections:ehh:
But at this point I'm just day dreamin about memories of the comics,I'll be happy if the get the basics right.

I been saying they need to do mob shyt in spider man since spider man 2...It makes sense for this new version since they really need to establish some street level heroes so hopefully we can get that. I don't want chameleon tho. Gimme the big man or tombstone or hammerhead or maybe even the kingpin

Or just have he and MJ already a thing and she's coping with being the girlfriend of a superhero

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
I been saying they need to do mob shyt in spider man since spider man 2...It makes sense for this new version since they really need to establish some street level heroes so hopefully we can get that. I don't want chameleon tho. Gimme the big man or tombstone or hammerhead or maybe even the kingpin

Or just have he and MJ already a thing and she's
coping with being the girlfriend of a superhero
All I know is I'm not payin another 10 bucks to see a summer blockbuster where spidey don't throw one punch:damn: