Southern Rappers with East coast flows (add on....)

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
This is more applicable to the west. Most of their top rappers sound like they could be from the East. Growing up, I thought Ice T was from NY. Snoop is probably the only top rapper that doesn’t sound like he’s from the east.
No they don't
Ice T I can see given the time and flow he was using. But that can be chucked up to the time he was in

But Pac, snoop, cube , 40, etc. do not sound east coast.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Souls of mischief is not southern

They are West coast:gucci:

Edit : just saw someone already corrected u on that
Yeah you’re late. You live in Arkansas - nuff said
tenor.gif

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when most virginia rappers come out, people think theyre from philly.

Famlay
Lady of Rage
Timbaland & Magoo
Missy Elliott

^^^ none of them sound like Philly or even the East Coast. Clipse sound like Philly as they sound similar to Philly's Most Wanted. Skillz reps The South, but doesn't sound Southern.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Famlay
Lady of Rage
Timbaland & Magoo
Missy Elliott

^^^ none of them sound like Philly or even the East Coast. Clipse sound like Philly as they sound similar to Philly's Most Wanted. Skillz reps The South, but doesn't sound Southern.

people used to think mad skillz was from philly.
magoo sounds like Q-Tip.
lady of rage doesnt sound like shes from anywhere. shes coast-less, as i say. besides, she got her first break on the east.
missy & timbaland are not rappers.

i'll give you fam-lay. thats about it.

and i went back and edited the previous post, in regards to the coast-less thing, explaining what i meant.

No they don't
Ice T I can see given the time and flow he was using. But that can be chucked up to the time he was in

ice t from jersey.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
magoo sounds like Q-Tip.
lady of rage doesnt sound like shes from anywhere. shes coast-less, as i say. besides, she got her first break on the east.

and i went back and edited the previous post, in regards to the coast-less thing, explaining what i meant.

ice t from jersey.
and? pac was from NY and he doesnt sound like a NY rapper like that.

But, Like i said i can see Ice T being a answer, but i dont think saying he from NJ is a valid reason

Bed$tuy

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth 🇭🇹
Daps
Reppin
BedStuy, Brooklyn
I forgot where the Mason Dixon Line starts but the DMV is neutral ground to me.

Virginia, specifically the 7 cities

(Norfolk, Va Beach, Newport News, Portsmouth, Hampton, Chesapeake & Suffolk)

Most of the military guys from the NYC that wanted to stay close to home got stationed at Norfolk.
So they brung their accent and stuff over there. There's a lot of southerners in the military and I've met many that don't consider Norfork, Hampton, Bad Newz, Va Beach, and Portsmouth country.

The 7 cities has a lot of underground rappers that sound like they from NYC.
I use to go to Tidewater's DJ Music & Video in Norfolk and some guy use to put me on to local rappers.
One of them was Jhunippuz.
They from Norfolk but sound like they from NYC and there's more like them

A case can be said for North Carolina as well.
Plenty of 90s North Carolina underground rappers sound like they from NYC. 9th Wonder talks about it

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I don't think there is a such thing as a regional flow outside of the Bay Area and Mid West. What yall are calling a flow is just an accent.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
magoo sounds like Q-Tip.

Skillz doesn't sound like a Philly rapper.

Magoo has the Q Tip on helium thing going on vocally, but his flow is not East Coast.

Missy Elliott is a rapper. She got a deal for being a rapper. Her guest spots on Gina Thompson's "Things You Do" and 702's "Steelo" got her a deal with Elektra and her own label under the condition she dropped an album.