Southern Rappers with East coast flows (add on....)

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Not a clear accent compared to the da baby or Petey Pablo. Not even close.
Cole got a Southern drawl maybe not as pronounced as DaBaby (whose from a different part of NC) but it’s still noticeable.

I know when Cole was at St. John’s nikkas knew he wasn’t from Queens.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
This thread is just dudes posting rappers they like from the south. :dead:

Someone really said Currensy :deadrose:

Wayne posted on the first page :dahell:

Ludacris:dwillhuh:

T.I. :mjlol:

This thread hilarious

I knew what it was though

nikkas just taking all the dudes that are "lyrical" or the ones who just rap without an accent and claiming they rap like their from NY

Cee Lo is as Southern sounding as any MC. There's no way you can hear him rap and think he was from anywhere but The South. When he rapped alongside Puff, Shyne, G Dep, Sauce Money, Redman and Busta on "Reverse", he easily stood out from the rest.

Cool Breeze also has a Southern flow.

Facts. Dudes are really exposing themselves in this thread. You hate to see it

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Field Mob!

Super underrated group that could give a lot of Eastcoast rappers a run for their money when it comes to spitting straight bars

Field Mob are the definition of Country. Nothing East Coast about their flow AT ALL. Same goes for Dro. His flow is not East Coast. Only thing East Coast about Dro is the Ghostface/Cam'ron thing he was doing with how witty his descriptions/imagery was.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Field Mob are the definition of Country. Nothing East Coast about their flow AT ALL. Same goes for Dro. His flow is not East Coast. Only thing East Coast about Dro is the Ghostface/Cam'ron thing he was doing with how witty his descriptions/imagery was.

Oh okay.

:mjlol:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Virginia is not East Coast in Hip Hop. What's funny is you argued adamantly that Virginia was "coast-less", but in here claiming that it is the East Coast.
Virginia sonically has elements that sound Southern and some that sound East Coast. Then there's an element that doesn't fit into either region, but exists as its own thing sonically. In terms of what the artists from Virginia rep, most of them represent The South.

when most virginia rappers come out, people think theyre from philly.

as for the coastal clarification, the DMV is really its own class - which renders it coast-less. but if you had to group them somewhere, its the east.

Last edited: