Sort Of Crazy How Ice Spice Overtook Glorilla In Popularity…

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Ice Spice is gonna be the rap version of Betty Boop. She might reach the level of Cardi very soon. All she needs is a real solo album.

Ice Spice is not doing numbers like Cardi :mjlol: . Cardi got billboard hits ice spice has some viral tiktok songs

Her low energy no charisma style has limits

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Y'all telling me y'all shocked this
ice-spice-thicc-ass-butt-v0-cq6cfi8klqma1.jpg

Is more popular than this.
FW3JLWVWIAU5VYw.jpg:large

Glo looking like a treh or one of those "femboys" in that :picard: :dame: :damn: :whoa:

she was even uglier in the fnf video before she got veneers :hhh:

Now her fat homegirl from her videos :jbhmm:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The Coli - Ice Spice is light skinded, but Glorilla is Dark and Lovely
no one in here said that tho...

but if you wanna be obtuse, prettier face + ambiguous biracial features gonna get a bigger push than a non-ambiguous LS black chick who isn't as facially pretty

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Not saying she doesn't. I don't hear anything NY in her music. NOTHING about it sounds like she's from NY. Production sounds like something produced by Bangladesh or Da Internz. Even heard elements of "Ugly" by Bubba Sparxxx in one of the songs.

Shorty is New York as hell. I don't know where you got that from.

From the slang to the cadence to the production style, it's all the sound on modern NYC. She's Dominican for god's sake.:heh:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U may have heard Ice Spice but not the dozens of other rappers from the regional scene she came from which means you don’t have knowledge of where her style comes from.

How old are you? Do you have kids? SpongeBob came out in 1999. shyt is pretty entrenched in American pop culture. Most people saw the title and heard the beat and immediately knew it was SpongeBob.

U brought up…Bubba Sparxxx :skip:

Sampling isn’t new. Captain obvious shyt. What does Timbaland have to do with this or what’s going on TODAY and how NY drill production differs from other modern day regions of hip-hop.

Whole post reeks of :flabbynsick:

I know Spongebob. My niece used to watch the show. I can't identify songs in the show because when my neice watched it, I was fully grown. What I look like watching SpongeBob.

I brought up Bubba Sparxxx as a reference because it was a popular SONG vs you bringing up it sampling a popular cartoon, which is irrelevant if you knew what I referencing.

Only reason I brought up Timbaland is because you made it a point to talk about "random sampling" being exclusive to new NY. Timbaland sampled crickets, laughing babies, hiccups, cars, elephants, etc. as if they were instruments.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
no one in here said that tho...

but if you wanna be obtuse, prettier face + ambiguous biracial features gonna get a bigger push than a non-ambiguous LS black chick who isn't as facially pretty
Glorilla got a huge push tho. They both can't rap but personality wise Ice Spice is just a cooler chick. Glorilla got whole collabs with actual superstar rappers and Ice Spice doing it basically with no big features.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Glorilla got a huge push tho. They both can't rap but personality wise Ice Spice is just a cooler chick.
glo got a push with black audiences, ice is getting a mainstream push - she got on rolling loud with all of one song, she got a ivy park deal which is basically a bey c/s, and being c/s by drake >> being c/s by yo gotti

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
glo got a push with black audiences, ice is getting a mainstream push - she got on rolling loud with all of one song, she got a ivy park deal which is basically a bey c/s, and being c/s by drake >> being c/s by yo gotti
Listen to the difference in the music they make. U don't think it has ANYTHING to do with that? Her shyt is more accessible. Glo make straight up hood shyt and she still got alotta looks. Ice Spice sampling SpongeBob n shyt. There is NO evidence she's getting a bigger "push" than Glo. Glo on songs with Cardi n all kinda shyt. Unless u wanna fault Ice Spice for being a better looking girl.