Sort Of Crazy How Ice Spice Overtook Glorilla In Popularity…

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Broad sound like Lloyd Banks. Nobody trying to hear that. I don’t get how anyone wants to listen to this trash but I’m flabby :manny:

:ufdup:

But all jokes aside….she just isn’t attractive too. She’s not “ugly” but like…she’s just average at best and she don’t even look believable for half the shyt she “rap” about if that makes sense

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Her style and cadence sounds nothing like NY. Rapping "monchalantly" is not exclusive to NY at all.

You have no idea what I listen to so I don't know why you're trying to dictate to me what is that I listen to.

You may be from NY, which doesn't necessarily qualify you to tell a non NY-er what is they are hearing. Apparently, I'm not the only one who doesn't hear NY in her music. And the biggest, most idiotic portion of your argument is the whole bit about Drill, which isn't even NY.

And no, when I'm listening to music I'm not thinking about no SpongeBob.
U know damn well you ain’t listening to no damn NY drill music made by 18 year olds stop it :mjlol:

U don’t know what you’re hearing. U bringing up Bubba Sparxxx and shyt you sound crazy. The name of the song is called Bikini Bottom and has a clear SpongeBob sample. Of course you’re not thinking about SpongeBob. Ice Spice is a Gen Z she would sample some shyt like that. Even that random sampling is some shyt that’s unique to current NY’s hip hop scene. Where producers have sampled ice cream trucks, train noises, bodega music (bachata), even shyt like Gangnam style. NY samples anything. Stop being hard headed doubling and tripling down on that dumb ass take.

My argument isn’t idiotic yours is. Drill originating in Chicago is irrelevant. It isn’t some gotcha like you think it is. Its 2023. NY drill is it’s own thing. The rappers have their own style of rapping. Lingo, vocal tempos, bar structures, ad libs, their own dances, own fashion, the production has evolved into something entirely different. That is NY sound now.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I looked up the song you mentioned and I heard a guitar and flute and put two and two together.

It would be stupid to insinuate that she is biting that song just became of some instrument noises.

I NEVER said she bit the song. Where did I even imply that. "Ugly" was the song I referenced because it sounded similar to what I heard in "Bikini". If you were able to put 2 and 2 together, then obviously you got my reference.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
:ufdup:

But all jokes aside….she just isn’t attractive too. She’s not “ugly” but like…she’s just average at best and she don’t even look believable for half the shyt she “rap” about if that makes sense
Ain’t this the chick you said was better than Lil Kim, Mia X, Foxy, Lyte, Latifah, Rapsody, Remy, Rage, YoYo, Monie Love, etc…etc…?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U know damn well you ain’t listening to no damn NY drill music made by 18 year olds stop it :mjlol:

U don’t know what you’re hearing. U bringing up Bubba Sparxxx and shyt you sound crazy. The name of the song is called Bikini Bottom and has a clear SpongeBob sample. Of course you’re not thinking about SpongeBob. Ice Spice is a Gen Z she would sample some shyt like that. Even that random sampling is some shyt that’s unique to current NY’s hip hop scene. Where producers have sampled ice cream trucks, train noises, bodega music (bachata), even shyt like Gangnam style. NY samples anything. Stop being hard headed doubling and tripling down on that dumb ass take.

My argument isn’t idiotic yours is. Drill originating in Chicago is irrelevant. It isn’t some gotcha like you think it is. Its 2023. NY drill is it’s own thing. The rappers have their own style of rapping. Lingo, vocal tempos, bar structures, ad libs, their own dances, own fashion, the production has evolved into something entirely different. That is NY sound now.

How do you know what I listen to? I listened to the whole EP before I made a a single post in this thread. I skimmed through Ice Spice's EP earlier this year when it dropped. Again, you don't know what I listen and even if you did, it has ZERO to do with this exchange.

How do I sound crazy bringing up "Ugly", which is a song, but you're in here bringing up SpongeBob, a children's cartoon as if I'm supposed to know the song sampled SpongeBob without looking it up.

Random sampling is not unique to NY. Where are they making ya'll at, because sampling isn't new and especially not sampling something like a popular children's cartoon. "Random sampling" was a huge part of Timbaland's whole style.

You are clearly the idiot here.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

now this isn't unique...Memphis had trains all in triple six shyt, groups out here have sampled harry potter, the sonic rings have been in a song, super mario bros, yukmouth and master p as the ice cream man had ice cream trucks, and we had a whole moment with punjabi beats in the 00's. random ass samples been a thing, nationwide, for decades

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
now this isn't unique...Memphis had trains all in triple six shyt, groups out here have sampled harry potter, the sonic rings have been in a song, super mario bros, yukmouth and master p as the ice cream man had ice cream trucks, and we had a whole moment with punjabi beats in the 00's. random ass samples been a thing, nationwide, for decades
That’s old shyt. We’re talking about right now in this moment.

Y’all love doing this shyt.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
How do you know what I listen to? I listened to the whole EP before I made a a single post in this thread. I skimmed through Ice Spice's EP earlier this year when it dropped. Again, you don't know what I listen and even if you did, it has ZERO to do with this exchange.

How do I sound crazy bringing up "Ugly", which is a song, but you're in here bringing up SpongeBob, a children's cartoon as if I'm supposed to know the song sampled SpongeBob without looking it up.

Random sampling is not unique to NY. Where are they making ya'll at, because sampling isn't new and especially not sampling something like a popular children's cartoon. "Random sampling" was a huge part of Timbaland's whole style.

You are clearly the idiot here.
U may have heard Ice Spice but not the dozens of other rappers from the regional scene she came from which means you don’t have knowledge of where her style comes from.

How old are you? Do you have kids? SpongeBob came out in 1999. shyt is pretty entrenched in American pop culture. Most people saw the title and heard the beat and immediately knew it was SpongeBob.

U brought up…Bubba Sparxxx :skip:

Sampling isn’t new. Captain obvious shyt. What does Timbaland have to do with this or what’s going on TODAY and how NY drill production differs from other modern day regions of hip-hop.

Whole post reeks of :flabbynsick:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That’s old shyt. We’re talking about right now in this moment.

Y’all love doing this shyt.
you the one who phrased that like NY the only spot to do that shyt. and yall still aint the only ones doing that...yg out here sampling cholo music (ie your bachata line) and nef the pharaoh and a bunch of these bay kids be with wild ass samples - no i aint gonna go dig for the shyt, i don't listen to them enough to know their shyt off top, my nephew stays playing the shyt for me

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Grown men running around screaming “fukk nikka free.”:scusthov::mjlol:
Honestly the music doesn't have a general perspective. It's very specific to a thots outlook. Why or how does a man vibe to that. But yet ice spice had daily threads when she came out.

That simp economy. Picture grown men sitting at home or driving around to some of this shyt. :picard: