Sort Of Crazy How Ice Spice Overtook Glorilla In Popularity…

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe that’s because your view of NY’ers is stuck in a past era.

Ice Spice epitomizes an around the way Bronx chick today.

Not saying she doesn't. I don't hear anything NY in her music. NOTHING about it sounds like she's from NY. Production sounds like something produced by Bangladesh or Da Internz. Even heard elements of "Ugly" by Bubba Sparxxx in one of the songs.

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Not saying she doesn't. I don't hear anything NY in her music. NOTHING about it sounds like she's from NY. Production sounds like something produced by Bangladesh or Da Internz. Even heard elements of "Ugly" by Bubba Sparxxx in one of the songs.
I’m glad I’m not the only one. This is what appeals people to Ice Spice, she sounds like she could be from wherever you’re from. Glorilla sounds like Tennessee.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nah bro. Again you basing shyt off a forgone era.

She raps in a Bronx drill style non-chalant flow, current city lingo, Bronx drill ad libs.

Her production on her EP is sample drill and drill club beats which is the current sound of the East Coast.

Her music epitomizes current NY and her whole personality is BX.

Last edited:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
The entirety of female rap is basically meme-rap

What are these “monthly numbers” based on and inclusive of?

My guess is that shyt is largely driven by who has a single with a 30 second clip that can be made into a tik tok sound

Ice Spice got one right now with In Ha Mood (literally have never heard the song other than in the background of random hoes social media posts)

Glo ‘nem thought they had one with that wack ass “fukk my nikka/bytch” track with moneybagg …but nope…her other hits are played out..gotta coook up another gimmick track

shyt is basically the evolution of the ringtone era

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah bro. Again you basing shyt off a forgone era.

She raps in a Bronx drill style non-chalant flow, current city lingo, Bronx drill ad libs.

Her production on her EP is sample drill and drill club beats which is the current sound of the East Coast.

Her music epitomizes current NY and her whole personality is BX.

This isn't based of a forgone era. Drill isn't even NY for that matter. It's a song that the East Coast adopted, but it's all over the place. Dr

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
This isn't based of a forgone era. Drill isn't even NY for that matter. It's a song that the East Coast adopted, but it's all over the place. Dr
Yes it is. That “word up son” shyt is over. :mjlol:

Club drill and sample drill is not all over the place. It’s a specific regionalized sound that can be seen in the NY, Jersey, and Philly rap scenes right now. Not only that but her style of rapping her flow, lingo, ad libs is wide spread in NY rap scene. The rappers today have a new way of rapping and different production soundscape that isn’t seen anywhere.

She sounds NY. New NY.

Also, the Bikini Bottom song you are likening to Ugly by Bubba Sparxxx samples Sponge Bob that’s the little guitar and flute sounds you’re hearing. Hardbody reach.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it is. That “word up son” shyt is over. :mjlol:

Club drill and sample drill is not all over the place. It’s a specific regionalized sound that can be seen in the NY, Jersey, and Philly rap scenes right now. Not only that but her style of rapping her flow, lingo, ad libs is wide spread in NY rap scene. The rappers today have a new way of rapping and different production soundscape that isn’t seen anywhere.

She sounds NY. New NY.

Also, the Bikini Bottom song you are likening to Ugly by Bubba Sparxxx samples Sponge Bob that’s the little guitar and flute sounds you’re hearing. Hardbody reach.

Breh, her whole cadence and style isn't a NY sound at all. Nothing about it is NY. I don't even know why you're arguing this. Her location has nothing to do with what she sounds like to my ears. Nicki Minaj sounds NY regardless of what she is rapping over. And more to the point, something like Nicki's "Did It On Em", which is what a lot of Ice Spice's music sounds like sounds nothing sonically like an NY song.

The guitar and flute sounds in "Bikini Bottom" aren't a reach regardless of what it samples.

And breh, there is literally nothing new about the way Ice Spice raps. And the production is nothing new either. I don't know where you're getting this from.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Breh, her whole cadence and style isn't a NY sound at all. Nothing about it is NY. I don't even know why you're arguing this. Her location has nothing to do with what she sounds like to my ears. Nicki Minaj sounds NY regardless of what she is rapping over. And more to the point, something like Nicki's "Did It On Em", which is what a lot of Ice Spice's music sounds like sounds nothing sonically like an NY song.

The guitar and flute sounds in "Bikini Bottom" aren't a reach regardless of what it samples.

And breh, there is literally nothing new about the way Ice Spice raps. And the production is nothing new either. I don't know where you're getting this from.
It IS a NY sound. A new NY sound.

Her style and cadence is a Bronx drill rapping style. That “like, like” shyt, talking about going ku, the way she nonchalantly raps is a new NY style. You’re not from here, you don’t listen to NY local music, aren’t in tune at all with our culture or local scene so how would you even know? Who is she rapping like? There are NO rappers outside of NY who rap like her, or Kenzo B, or Shani Boni, Young Devyn, or the dozens of male and female NY drill rappers. Nobody in the South raps like Ice Spice. Not Latto, not Glo, not Meg.

Yes it is a reach. Ice Spice song is literally a meme song she made dedicated to SpongeBob. Nobody was thinking about no damn Bubba Sparxxx. :laff:

Post some one that raps like Ice Spice and post some old club drill beats should be easy since it’s nothing new :comeon:

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I’m glad I’m not the only one. This is what appeals people to Ice Spice, she sounds like she could be from wherever you’re from. Glorilla sounds like Tennessee.
No she can’t. There’s no way Ice Spice could pass for a female Memphis rapper for example.

Ya boys severely out of touch

No rapper in any other region is starting a verse saying some shyt like “like, grahhh keep it a stack” :mjlol:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It IS a NY sound. A new NY sound.

Her style and cadence is a Bronx drill rapping style. That “like, like” shyt, talking about going ku, the way she nonchalantly raps is a new NY style. You’re not from here, you don’t listen to NY local music, aren’t in tune at all with our culture or local scene so how would you even know? Who is she rapping like? There are NO rappers outside of NY who rap like her, or Kenzo B, or Shani Boni, Young Devyn, or the dozens of male and female NY drill rappers. Nobody in the South raps like Ice Spice. Not Latto, not Glo, not Meg.

Yes it is a reach. Ice Spice song is literally a meme song she made dedicated to SpongeBob. Nobody was thinking about no damn Bubba Sparxxx. :laff:

Post some one that raps like Ice Spice and post some old club drill beats should be easy since it’s nothing new :comeon:

Her style and cadence sounds nothing like NY. Rapping "monchalantly" is not exclusive to NY at all.

You have no idea what I listen to so I don't know why you're trying to dictate to me what is that I listen to.

You may be from NY, which doesn't necessarily qualify you to tell a non NY-er what is they are hearing. Apparently, I'm not the only one who doesn't hear NY in her music. And the biggest, most idiotic portion of your argument is the whole bit about Drill, which isn't even NY.

And no, when I'm listening to music I'm not thinking about no SpongeBob.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Notice that all these female rappers are mad disposable
None of them really have lasting power. Cardi-B ain't even trying risk a second album just coast off the celebrity status as long as possible

On Friday I actually went through a lot of Ice Spice "discography" after someone told me she bit Bia whole style. I'd be surprised if she's still relevant at the end of 2023

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
No she can’t. There’s no way Ice Spice could pass for a female Memphis rapper for example.

Ya boys severely out of touch
Actors and newscasters know how to speak in a “universal accent”. I’m saying that to say that there are some people that can switch up. She can easily be from Cali, Vegas or ATL. That’s her appeal.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
But you knew which song I was referencing without me ever mentioning the title. How's that?
I looked up the song you mentioned and I heard a guitar and flute and put two and two together.

It would be stupid to insinuate that she is biting that song just became of some instrument noises.