Sorry PS5, Xbox Series X Has Unexpectedly Become My Preferred Console

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm looking to cop one of these bad boys. PS5 or XBox. The XBox looks like shyt....I know external aesthetics shouldn't matter but PS5 looks so cool. Seems like PS5 is the better buy though due to graphics, interface and catalogue?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I'm looking to cop one of these bad boys. PS5 or XBox. The XBox looks like shyt....I know external aesthetics shouldn't matter but PS5 looks so cool. Seems like PS5 is the better buy though due to graphics, interface and catalogue?
If you ain’t gaming on PC it comes down to exclusives. I’d favor PS5. Tho if Xbox gets their console exclusives going that could change things. But that is a bigger uncertainty.

But it’s worth pointing I’d argue PC & Switch is the best way to go this gen. Since you get all the Xbox stuff day 1. 99% of the Sony exclusives will eventually come to pc if you are willing to wait.

But that’s assuming PC is an option if not PS5 like I said in the first paragraph.

Xbox is a more bang for your buck. If that’s what you are looking for tho.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you're only purchasing one the PS5 makes more sense unless you want Game Pass. The PS5 for the foreseeable future will have the better library of games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Don’t listen to the sony stans.

All of sonys games are on PS4. If you have a PS4 you already have access to all those “great games”

Xbox offers gamepass which lets you play hundreds of games for low cost.

Also microsoft recently purchased Bethesda so if you like games like Fallout, Skyrim, etc you are gonna need an xbox.

If you are just hooked on sony exclusives and need Spider-man or The last of us, then sure a PS5 is the way to go.

But xbox offers more in terms of value, console power, and features.

The “exclusives” debate comes down to what kind of games you like.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Don’t listen to the sony stans.

All of sonys games are on PS4. If you have a PS4 you already have access to all those “great games”

Xbox offers gamepass which lets you play hundreds of games for low cost.

Also microsoft recently purchased Bethesda so if you like games like Fallout, Skyrim, etc you are gonna need an xbox.

If you are just hooked on sony exclusives and need Spider-man or The last of us, then sure a PS5 is the way to go.

But xbox offers more in terms of value, console power, and features.

The “exclusives” debate comes down to what kind of games you like.
Many of Microsoft's games even the Bethesda ones are either experiencing development issues, delayed, or both. For the foreseeable future the PS5 is the better single purchase console. You get popular third party games including some third party exclusive titles timed or otherwise as well as Sony's first party studios showing more competence in delivering games in a timely manor.

Never purchase hardware based off the future promises of the developer.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All depends on how much you play what you're looking to play and your tv.

Since you asked about PS5 and Xbox I'll only use those.

The strength with the PS5 is the exclusives, and japanese support. The strength of the Xbox are your options and ability to play the games on multiple devices as well as gamepass which gives you access to new 1st releases and random 3rd party ones.

If you got a old tv, don't buy physical games, and mainly play shooters and sports then get a series s with gamepass and call it day.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Many of Microsoft's games even the Bethesda ones are either experiencing development issues, delayed, or both. For the foreseeable future the PS5 is the better single purchase console. You get popular third party games including some third party exclusive titles timed or otherwise as well as Sony's first party studios showing more competence in delivering games in a timely manor.
Stop it. Every single game to come out over the last couple years have had delays.

Y’all hyped for GOW it was first set to come out over a year ago.

Where is factions again???:ohhh:
Never purchase hardware based off the future promises of the developer.
That’s what you just told him to do for PS5

Sony stan’s wild :mjlol:

Currently PS5 has $70 PS4 games like GOW, Spiderman, Gran turismo, and Horizon.

Currently xbox offers gamepass, where you got games like Forza, Halo, Deathloop, Plague tale, High on life, and hundreds of other games for less than it would cost you to buy 2 of those PS4 games. On top of offering stuff like free universal cloud saves. Play anywhere titles. Xcloud, etc all with just the purchase of the console.

So again, unless you never had a PS4 and you just gotta play Spider-man or something. Series X is objectively the better purchase right now, and into the future.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Do you want to play the best games in the industry, my brother like God of War, Spider-Man 2, Horizon FW etc?
Or do you wanna play.....other stuff :francis:
And BTW Sony has a subscription service too and you get free games all the time

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

I have a ps5 just letting you know breh, I know your rich but games are over 100 here in canada and the psn plus etc. is not as good as the xbox game pass

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Stop it. You don't even believe this lmao.
It is.

All you guys always say is “exclusives, exclusives”

That’s literally your opinion. Most people playing video games don’t play sony exclusives at all.

Sonys practices are shyt, their games are more expensive. The console more expensive. It’s less powerful than series X. Has less storage. Sony charges for next gen upgrades, cloud saves etc. You have to buy their games separately for PC and PS5, no universal saves, and so on.

Those are all objective measures.

It’s you OPINION that playstation has better exclusives. And as a consumer you forgo all those OBJECTIVE advantages for the privilege to play a few Sony exclsuives.

If that works for you great. But facts and objectivity don’t change :manny:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
It is.

All you guys always say is “exclusives, exclusives”

That’s literally your opinion. Most people playing video games don’t play sony exclusives at all.

Sonys practices are shyt, their games are more expensive. The console more expensive. It’s less powerful than series X. Has less storage. Sony charges for next gen upgrades, cloud saves etc. You have to buy their games separately for PC and PS5, no universal saves, and so on.

Those are all objective measures.

It’s you OPINION that playstation has better exclusives. And as a consumer you forgo all those OBJECTIVE advantages for the privilege to play a few Sony exclsuives.

If that works for you great. But facts and objectivity don’t change :manny:

Fanboy babble.

Everything worth playing on an Xbox can be played on PS5.

Everything worth playing on PS5 can't be played on an Xbox.

It's that simple.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah @MeachTheMonster is correct. Right now if you are buying any system the Xbox is probably the one you should go for, especially if you owned a PS4 and have played any of the games exclusives of the last 4 years and not playing jrpgs.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As someone with both systems, if I could only get one I'd get the PS5, although I'd rarely play it outside of those exclusives, but I love jrpgs and Japanese games they are a huge pull for me.

Outside of that literally everything else is superior on Xbox.

I'd say get a series x or s with gamepass and next year around this time if spiderman or wolverine drops (or a updated PS5 pro) cop it then. Currently you can play every major PS5 1st party exclusive on PS4 besides ratchet and returnal.