Sorry PS5, Xbox Series X Has Unexpectedly Become My Preferred Console

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If you're looking to make a decision on which console to buy, ignore people like @The Mad Titan and @MeachTheMonster, they're nothing more than unpaid astroturfers.

Just nail down what it is you want out of a console, research which one best suites your needs, and then go from there. You won't really go wrong with either.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you're looking to make a decision on which console to buy, ignore people like @The Mad Titan and @MeachTheMonster, they're nothing more than unpaid astroturfers.

Just nail down what it is you want out of a console, research which one best suites your needs, and then go from there. You won't really go wrong with either.

You 🤡 #2

Usually when people ask for a opinion they're gathering information.

You actually provided the least amount of information out of everyone.

"Do your research"

Instead of giving an opinion or experience on what to get and why.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

@The Mad Titan recommended a PS5 due to the games he likes to play.

I was the only one to give an objective answer. All of you need to learn the difference between your opinion and facts

It’s a fact that Series X is cheaper, stronger and offers more value and features.

In any other context you guys say PS5 is all about the exclusives.

I agree. Just depends on how much those exclusives mean to you:manny:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I'm going to suggest a different approach. How do you play videogames? What genres are you into? I can only recommend on what I play.

rabbitfood

Ancillary Character
Daps
If you rearrange the letters in the word PlayStation, you get the phrase "Plain Toasty" which means you're getting straight heat.

The choice is clear.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
giphy.gif
PC stans :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As someone with both systems, if I could only get one I'd get the PS5, although I'd rarely play it outside of those exclusives, but I love jrpgs and Japanese games they are a huge pull for me.

Outside of that literally everything else is superior on Xbox.

I'd say get a series x or s with gamepass and next year around this time if spiderman or wolverine drops (or a updated PS5 pro) cop it then. Currently you can play every major PS5 1st party exclusive on PS4 besides ratchet and returnal.
The bold in undeniable.

The PS5 flat out covers more bases than the Xbox when it comes to games. The Xbox is a superior device overall but if you care about playing games on a game console the PS5 will almost always cover more bases than the Xbox. You see a game like Final Fantasy VII Remake and still can't even get that on the Xbox and that's a third party game. I'm at a loss to come up with a single major third party game you can only play on Xbox / PC that's available on either just Xbox or both.

There are plenty of Japanese companies that don't even bother making games on the Xbox and others that like Square Enix or Konami cut deals with PlayStation to get their titles there first.

The case for the Xbox is Game Pass and possible future potential. Xbox has been having issues as of late getting games out. They pretty much vacated the entire year on major releases. For the typical buyer Xbox is at best a second or third choice simply for Game Pass.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I'm looking to cop one of these bad boys. PS5 or XBox. The XBox looks like shyt....I know external aesthetics shouldn't matter but PS5 looks so cool. Seems like PS5 is the better buy though due to graphics, interface and catalogue?

:dahell:Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. Wow. I've never seen an uglier console than the PS5. Ever.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The bold in undeniable.

The PS5 flat out covers more bases than the Xbox when it comes to games. The Xbox is a superior device overall but if you care about playing games on a game console the PS5 will almost always cover more bases than the Xbox. You see a game like Final Fantasy VII Remake and still can't even get that on the Xbox and that's a third party game. I'm at a loss to come up with a single major third party game you can only play on Xbox / PC that's available on either just Xbox or both.

There are plenty of Japanese companies that don't even bother making games on the Xbox and others that like Square Enix or Konami cut deals with PlayStation to get their titles there first.

The case for the Xbox is Game Pass and possible future potential. Xbox has been having issues as of late getting games out. They pretty much vacated the entire year on major releases. For the typical buyer Xbox is at best a second or third choice simply for Game Pass.
You guys just make up your own stories.

Both have had “off” years due to delays. The only reason sony had more releases this year is because everything got delayed from last year. But none of you would claim sony was “having trouble getting games out”

Sony only released one game in 2021 cause everything else got delayed. Same as Microsoft had a “light” year in 2022 cause games got delayed.

Sony has barely anything planned for next year. Microsoft will have all the games that got delayed out of this year.

Beyond that, both do their deals for 3rd party content. Sony tends to lean towards Japanese stuff or RPGs Microsoft tends to lean more towards indies. Just bad luck that a couple of Microsoft’s larger 3rd party deals got delayed cause there’s a pandemic and a whole ass war in russia:comeon:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a ps5 just letting you know breh, I know your rich but games are over 100 here in canada and the psn plus etc. is not as good as the xbox game pass
I’m not rich. $100+ for a game? :mjtf:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you want to play the best games in the industry, my brother like God of War, Spider-Man 2, Horizon FW etc?
Or do you wanna play.....other stuff :francis:
And BTW Sony has a subscription service too and you get free games all the time

I don’t play many games. I like the sports games, first person shooters and driving games. Grand theft as well.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t play many games. I like the sports games, first person shooters and driving games. Grand theft as well.

I dare anyone tell this man to get a PS5 based on this info.

Yeah get a series x or s and gamepass and you good