Soo... Sony wants a Mario level IP.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Crying? I’m simply saying what you’re saying is false, that never happened, its a fabrication, you made it up.

And thats not what you originally said, you said Sony turned down an offer from Square Enix, and that their CEO’s are dumb. Again, that never happened. Also, there isn’t any square enix IP that is more valuable than Sonys, even Final Fantasy, which is lucky to sell 10 million copies isn’t even doing horizon and Tsushima numbers, much less God of War and Spider-Man.

Bringing up Chrono Trigger as a “mascot IP” is some Lost in The World type shyt that I don’t think any of us were prepared to see in this thread
Nothing I said is false, squeenix is prepping to sale by reorging, Sony could purchase they have not offered.
Period.
Rumor is they went to them direct because of history and sony wasn't ready.

All that said Chrono Trigger is a valuable IP that is collecting dust like a lot of the old SNES and NES Square IPs

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Well, Pokemon.

As much as people like Sonic, they movies aren’t really smashing records and the games definitely ain’t. Sonic Frontiers was the biggest sonic game since Adventure and it only sold 3.2 million so far?
I thought both Sonic movies were decent and I've never been a Sega or Sonic fan.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nothing I said is false, squeenix is prepping to sale by reorging, Sony could purchase they have not offered.

Again, even if that was a discussion behind the scenes none of us would even know that. All we know is Square Enix recently saying they want to expand and buy their own developers.

And their NFT nonsense.

Chrono trigger s NOT a valuable IP, that game is 30 years old damn near, ain’t no one but 30+ year old even remember that game

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Again, even if that was a discussion behind the scenes none of us would even know that. All we know is Square Enix recently saying they want to expand and buy their own developers.

And their NFT nonsense.

Chrono trigger s NOT a valuable IP, that game is 30 years old damn near, ain’t no one but 30+ year old even remember that game
Chrono Trigger Chrono Cross is a valuable IP, Final Fantasy is a valuable IP, they have a history of valuable IPs they have just sat on, thats they point.
We can agree to disagree but the fact remains they have a history of IP that Sony could exploit in a purchase.

As for the initial point, leaks happen all the time to generate pressure, such as the early leaks of ATT buying Discovery before official word came down.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

and we all know this little bugger right here is the one to compete with a Master Chief, Mario, Sonic, Ryu, and all them other mascots that carry their brands. am I wrong?

iu
Won’t be any new mascots doing crazy numbers. It was a different time when all those were established.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony wants to turn an IP into a brand eh :ehh:

Nintendo and Xbox have a couple household IP's that transcend just gaming.

Playstation not so much.

Crash was the closest thing they had, their best bet is to go with ratchet. It's been around and on playstation for decades.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sony wants to turn an IP into a brand eh :ehh:

Nintendo and Xbox have a couple household IP's that transcend just gaming.

Playstation not so much.

Crash was the closest thing they had, their best bet is to go with ratchet. It's been around and on playstation for decades.
Nintendo? Yea. Xbox? Which IP?