Soo... Sony wants a Mario level IP.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If we’re being honest, Tom Holland is the Sony mascot. Once he get that Jak and Daxter movie its a wrap

yGauLVMjotbbM3AEj3Rw4A.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It literally says in the title its a rumor :snoop:
Sure my man, what are you crying about again.
That I said that Sony could buy Squenix and have its IP or that it has IPs available to them that are ready to be exploited like Nintendo and Sega did Mario and Sonic?

Thats what this all boils down to, and Squenix is angling to be sold

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Come back to Ape Escape Sony. Spike, specter and the gang are all waiting for you and a new entry

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
They do remember they have Spider-Man unless they are talking solely video games then I would look at Crash Bandicott

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That I said that Sony could buy Squenix and have its IP or that it has IPs available to them that are ready to be exploited like Nintendo and Sega did Mario and Sonic?

Crying? I’m simply saying what you’re saying is false, that never happened, its a fabrication, you made it up.

And thats not what you originally said, you said Sony turned down an offer from Square Enix, and that their CEO’s are dumb. Again, that never happened. Also, there isn’t any square enix IP that is more valuable than Sonys, even Final Fantasy, which is lucky to sell 10 million copies isn’t even doing horizon and Tsushima numbers, much less God of War and Spider-Man.

Bringing up Chrono Trigger as a “mascot IP” is some Lost in The World type shyt that I don’t think any of us were prepared to see in this thread

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Astro in the age AI could work. The Mario IP has always been and will always be family friendly. The IP has to start with kids and still be relevant as they become adults.

My wife and I saw the Mario movie with the kids and all we wanted to do for next couple days afterwards is go back and play Mario. The only company who can come close to that type of nostalgia and relevance is Sonic.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Astro in the age AI could work. The Mario IP has always been and will always be family friendly. The IP has to start with kids and still be relevant as they become adults.

My wife and I saw the Mario movie with the kids and all we wanted to do for next couple days afterwards is go back and play Mario. The only company who can come close to that type of nostalgia and relevance is Sonic.

Well, Pokemon.

As much as people like Sonic, they movies aren’t really smashing records and the games definitely ain’t. Sonic Frontiers was the biggest sonic game since Adventure and it only sold 3.2 million so far?